• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/12 Game 2 Giants @ gNats

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all about them finding their roles.

McGee as the closer was a big mistake. it was a mistake that had to happen, imho, but a mistake none the less. Having him there caused issues throughout the entire pen.
Yep, and Rogers isn't ideal either. And there are new people there that weren't to start the year, and some of those guys are gone now too like Wisler and that youngster I forget his name, looked good for a minute.

I think they need to trade for one legit flamethrowing strikeout reliever (for extra innings especially). But look down the box score today, every reliever has a respectable ERA. FZ been fixing it.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day bullpen:
Jose Alvarez; Caleb Baragar; Jarlin Garcia; Jake McGee; Tyler Rogers; Reyes Moronta; Wandy Peralta; Matt Wisler
June 12th bullpen:
Jose Alvarez; Caleb Baragar; Jarlin Garcia; Jake McGee; Tyler Rogers; Dominic Leone; Zack Littell; Conner Menez, Jimmy Sherfy

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day bullpen:
Jose Alvarez; Caleb Baragar; Jarlin Garcia; Jake McGee; Tyler Rogers; Reyes Moronta; Wandy Peralta; Matt Wisler
June 12th bullpen:
Jose Alvarez; Caleb Baragar; Jarlin Garcia; Jake McGee; Tyler Rogers; Dominic Leone; Zack Littell; Conner Menez, Jimmy Sherfy
We really could use Moronta right now for extra innings. He was pretty good with inherited runners

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God enough. 8 innings one run which was the gimme run in extras. You're just wrong in how you evaluate pitching
I don't disagree big picture. However, Baragar was a shitshow. That was my point. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. He was AWFUL in the most important inning of the game. We were quite lucky to win.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree big picture. However, Baragar was a shitshow. That was my point. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. He was AWFUL in the most important inning of the game. We were quite lucky to win.
You're completely wrong about this, tzill.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it's a fact. You don't understand how pitching works in the real world. The proof is in your posts. Your wrongness is in only one direction. You call great pitching good, good pitching bad, and ok pitching terrible. You're wrong about Baragar yesterday, and you're wrong about someone almost every day. Wrong wrong wrong.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're completely wrong about this, tzill.
I know I'm not going to change your mind, but consider this sequence:

1. Ball on a tee to Starlin Castro...nearly a 2 run HR...double and it's 2-1
2. Robles HBP

<right here this qualifies as a shitshow for any reliever, but let's go on>

3. Mediocre pitch to Bell, just gets under it but somehow Robles brain farts his way into running into a double play. Castro takes third.
4. Trea Turner pops out on a pretty good pitch.

If you think that's good relief work, we will just have to disagree. Baragar was very lucky.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm not going to change your mind, but consider this sequence:

1. Ball on a tee to Starlin Castro...nearly a 2 run HR...double and it's 2-1
2. Robles HBP

<right here this qualifies as a shitshow for any reliever, but let's go on>

3. Mediocre pitch to Bell, just gets under it but somehow Robles brain farts his way into running into a double play. Castro takes third.
4. Trea Turner pops out on a pretty good pitch.

If you think that's good relief work, we will just have to disagree. Baragar was very lucky.
Of course we disagree. You're a lunatic.

I never said Baragar was good. But it was adequate, and not a 'shitshow'. Relievers get lucky (and unlucky) all the time. And the inherited runner of extras doesn't matter with a 2 run lead, nor does it reflect in the reliever's ERA, nor should it.

Yesterday the pen pitched 8 innings and gave up zero earned runs and got the win. Fantastic work in the pen as a group.

You are wrong and I (and everyone else) am right.

Last edited:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitch to Castro wasn't "adequate" nor was it "unlucky" -- it was a terrrrrrible pitch at a crucial time. I'm not even talking about the stupid Manfred rule run. It was an awful pitch. He goes on to HBP the next guy. That's not "unlucky" or "adequate."

It's a shitshow. You know this, and I'm not arguing the larger point of the bullpen -- we agree. The staff (outside of Baragar) was excellent yesterday in game 2. Baragar was extremely fortunate that he didn't get a CPBS.

Feel free to have the last word.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitch to Castro wasn't "adequate" nor was it "unlucky" -- it was a terrrrrrible pitch at a crucial time. I'm not even talking about the stupid Manfred rule run. It was an awful pitch. He goes on to HBP the next guy. That's not "unlucky" or "adequate."

It's a shitshow. You know this, and I'm not arguing the larger point of the bullpen -- we agree. The staff (outside of Baragar) was excellent yesterday in game 2. Baragar was extremely fortunate that he didn't get a CPBS.

Feel free to have the last word.
Wrong again. Wrong wrong wrong. What I know you do not.

Last word, first word, you are insane when it comes to evaluating pitching.