• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 Teams That Have the Best Chance of Winning the Title

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got mich st, Kansas, cuse, zona, florida in that order.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can win Saturday. But not if they play soft defense against Syracuse like they did tonight. Six games in a row is just impossible with this team. Their lack of size and not being able to protect the rim kills them.

I agree with what you're saying...but I disagree that Duke can't win. It takes a whole team to win 6 games in a row..and even though Duke does have a lack of size it can be masked by group rebounding. With 3-4 guys hitting the boards on each shot, a lot of rebounds will go your way through good positioning.

Good to great effort on every play can put you in a position to win with 2 minutes left in the game. Coach K knows how to win with 2 minutes left.

Tubby Smith was a great 2 minute coach. He always amazed me with some of the plays he came up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GENEH_33: SPORTSATLANTA

North Carolina
Syracuse
Virginia
Duke
Pittsburgh

ACC baby, yeah!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched a single game but here goes.

1. Duke
2. UNC
3. Syracuse
4. UCLA
5. Arizona

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The local pee wee team can beat Duke tonight. Anybody that says Duke can win a title this year doesn't know basketball.

Aw, c'mon Douggie, Duke is the better team but UNC just outplayed and outcoached them last night.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we get it. But a healthy arizona a month ago, offensive slump or not, would have rolled your bearcats. probably still will, since our defense is better than yours even without ashley. oh and there's this guy called Nick Johnson who would shut down SK like he does every other top offensive player on the opposing team. when you don't have any other scoring options, how are you going to win?

While I do think Zona is better than Cincy I disagree about the defense. Cincy has a fantastic D(yes Zona's is awesome too) but Cincy's D is flat awesome. Its been building like that for the last couple of years.

Also, while Kramer has an obnoxious boner for SK. You cannot threaten with Johnson at this point. He has been straight up ass for the last 5 or so games.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do think Zona is better than Cincy I disagree about the defense. Cincy has a fantastic D(yes Zona's is awesome too) but Cincy's D is flat awesome. Its been building like that for the last couple of years.

Also, while Kramer has an obnoxious boner for SK. You cannot threaten with Johnson at this point. He has been straight up ass for the last 5 or so games.

Both Cinci and Zona are going to be tough outs in the tourney. Both are excellent teams capable of going all the way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Cinci and Zona are going to be tough outs in the tourney. Both are excellent teams capable of going all the way.

I don't think either of them can at this point. Zona got screwed by the Ashley injury but you simply need multiple scoring options come march.

It's Florida
A Healthy MSU
Witchita State
Kansas
Duke
Creighton
Cuse
UL
Zona
Nova
Iowa

that's my full ranking but probably wont extend that deep

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) hell no their defense is not better than ours. The Pac-12 is a great offensive conference and we have given up an average of 58 points per game (with an OT and double OT game among the 13 conference games).

Kenpom says our OppO is 20th, while Cincy's is 119th. So we are shutting down better offensive teams. Simple as that.

And do you think Nick Johnson's shooting slump in any way effects his ability to be a lockdown defender? Because I in no way, shape, or form said anything about offense when I said that NJ would shut down SK just like he has every other guard he has faced this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that is relatively unknown is that 9 of the last 10 NCAA champs have been ranked in the top 30 in the nation in at LEAST 2 of these 4 categories. Offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, rebounding and turnovers per possession. Right now there are only 12 teams ranked in 2 of those 4 categories and 5 ranked in 3. The 12 ranked in 2 of them are Creighton, Duke, Louisville, Michigan, UCLA, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Syracuse, Iowa State, Wichita and Arizona, The 5 ranked in 3 of them are Louisville, Iowa, Syracuse, Zona and Wisconsin. So there you go. Hisotry says your national champ will be from one of those 12 teams with a stronger likelihood of it coming from the 2nd group.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that is relatively unknown is that 9 of the last 10 NCAA champs have been ranked in the top 30 in the nation in at LEAST 2 of these 4 categories. Offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, rebounding and turnovers per possession. Right now there are only 12 teams ranked in 2 of those 4 categories and 5 ranked in 3. The 12 ranked in 2 of them are Creighton, Duke, Louisville, Michigan, UCLA, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Syracuse, Iowa State, Wichita and Arizona, The 5 ranked in 3 of them are Louisville, Iowa, Syracuse, Zona and Wisconsin. So there you go. Hisotry says your national champ will be from one of those 12 teams with a stronger likelihood of it coming from the 2nd group.

what? Cincy isn't in that group??? I'm shocked!!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good stuff.

I'm guessing the anomaly was Uconn? That was a weird year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff.

I'm guessing the anomaly was Uconn? That was a weird year.

Bingo!!! UConn was the anomaly. Cant account for a guy just taking shit over.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either of them can at this point. Zona got screwed by the Ashley injury but you simply need multiple scoring options come march.

It's Florida
A Healthy MSU
Witchita State
Kansas
Duke
Creighton
Cuse
UL
Zona
Nova
Iowa

that's my full ranking but probably wont extend that deep

You don't think they can? You are saying that it's not possible?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they can? You are saying that it's not possible?

No it is definitely possible.

I just don't think it's going to happen.

While a defense is key in the playoffs you also need an offense.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not go so far as to compare our offense to Cincy's, that's a little harsh. Yes, we struggle shooting from outside, but we have dynamic offensive talents all over the floor.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad we didn't need much offense to beat Duke last night. :yahoo:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go so far as to compare our offense to Cincy's, that's a little harsh. Yes, we struggle shooting from outside, but we have dynamic offensive talents all over the floor.

O, I wasn't comparing their offenses.

Just said they both have struggles on O.

I'd definitely rather have Zona's offense if I had a choice. I just think the Ashley injury sadly limits them come march when they run into a fellow good defense that can also score the ball.