• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5)Nashville Predators vs (4)Anaheim Ducks Series Thread

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the one in my avatar will be for home games, and there's a white version that has been on sale to the fans. I'm guessing that will be for away.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should bring back the mustard ones.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also heard something about another yellow jersey or somethin like that. But I'm almost positive this years alternate (my avatar) will be permanent next season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The color scheme is certainly better. Could be better but there aren't too many combos to work with at this point. Ducks should go back to black but find a better shade of that rust/bronze color and ditch the red idea. Plus get a better symbol than the word Ducks.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has more info about it.

Preds Confirm Plans for NewSweater - Blog - icethetics.info

The Nashville Predators have confirmed to season ticket holders that a "newly re-designed jersey" is in the works — and they can have one for free.

Icethetics reader Seth Wright has written in with some solid information. Back in January, he was first to provide a photo of the white version of the Preds' blue third jersey — which was the subject of speculation regarding a new road sweater. The team has since refuted that theory via social media.

Now Seth is sharing some marketing materials sent to Nashville season ticket holders. Specifically, this:

Free Newly Re-designed Jersey

Be the first in "Smashville" to own the new look Predators home jersey to be debuted for the 2011-12 season. This jersey is exclusively available for season ticket holders and those that choose to upgrade to full season tickets by March 19th.

First of all, they reference the "new-ness" of the jersey about five times in that little paragraph, so it's probably a safe bet we're not looking at a promotion of the third jersey. This will be an entirely new sweater.

Second, there's nothing about a new road jersey, though if we pay attention to Reebok, we should be expecting one. But the away uniform isn't necessarily a selling point for your home crowd so why mention it to season ticket holders? We should also probably assume that the third jersey will remain the same.

And finally, let it be said that this note serves as official confirmation from the team that there will be a new home uniform beginning in 2011-12. Will the NHL's uniform changes in the Age of Reebok never end?

The big question remains: What will this new jersey look like? Seth contends that the color of the marketing materials seen here (left) may be an indication. They're yellow.

:confused2:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great play by Ward!

It just struck me that is the first time I remember seeing a black player score on a black goalie. It's cool that the NHL has gotten more diverse.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything better than hearing a tying goal being scored from the other side of the bathroom wall?. :L

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, lets see if they have another one in them. Still have some time left.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a damn good series, a lot less one sided than the other 4 vs 5 matchup.