• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs. #6 San Jose Sharks - Western semis

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow that was almost a brilliant play by Doughty.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks dominated this game. See you at Staples.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ridiculous. Sitting on the lead doesn't fucking work. Sutter is like a million times better at coaching than McLellan.

Pissing me off even though they won.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the twitter feed.
It appears the Kings let a guest take over for a while (they have done that before) and have apologized .

I agree with you.

Yeah, I saw that...still, they may feel the pressure after a few of things they put out. I mean, they have to be professional to an extent. They did a great job of toeing the line last season, heck most clubs are copy cats now...but yeah, line crossed, etc. etc. Wouldn't shock me if the NHL fines them or something. Terrible publicity.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ridiculous. Sitting on the lead doesn't fucking work. Sutter is like a million times better at coaching than McLellan.

Pissing me off even though they won.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SITTING ON LEADS DOESN'T WORK?! Has anyone told Bylsma this?! NO?! HURRY, WE MAY HAVE TIM...nope, no we lost that game. Yep.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings made a great push and the game got real dicey, but Sharks held on. Good game. Best of 3 now.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that...still, they may feel the pressure after a few of things they put out. I mean, they have to be professional to an extent. They did a great job of toeing the line last season, heck most clubs are copy cats now...but yeah, line crossed, etc. etc. Wouldn't shock me if the NHL fines them or something. Terrible publicity.
I didn't see the posts. It is half of an la radio morning crew. A friend at work is friends with the other guy and my wife knows the guy that was posting and says he has always been an asshole
I don't think the kings people were very smart on this one

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT DO YOU MEAN SITTING ON LEADS DOESN'T WORK?! Has anyone told Bylsma this?! NO?! HURRY, WE MAY HAVE TIM...nope, no we lost that game. Yep.

Haha.. to clarify, I am fully aware that all teams in today's NHL sit on leads in the 3rd period.

I just think that McLellan mismanaged his lines pretty bad in the 3rd (he even gave a few long shifts to his all-AHL -- aka 4th -- line... :L).

Full credit to the Kings for coming hard at the Sharks like everyone figured they would, but still... he did nothing to help the situation.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was it, I didn't think the tweet was that bad... /shrug

OxFX3Rm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the posts. It is half of an la radio morning crew. A friend at work is friends with the other guy and my wife knows the guy that was posting and says he has always been an asshole
I don't think the kings people were very smart on this one

Most of what he said was him just being an ass, which is fine...but that's why the guy has his own account.

"Galiardi gets penalty for running over Quick. Powerplay Kings. Kopitar just got sexually assaulted in front of Niemi."

A lot of people are responding with "Stop being so sensitive." Butttt, they've probably never been the victim of that.

Annnnyway, hockey. Sorry to derail. I'm certain their PR department will NEVER let this happen again. Ever.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was it, I didn't think the tweet was that bad... /shrug

It's not even marginally professional and it's insensitive in that light. I don't like joe schmo using the term "r*pe" in a sporting sense (just like we all tend to overuse the term "warrior", etc.), but when a professionally linked account does it, a line is crossed. The world of social media has blurred the lines a LOT...too much probably. Doesn't make it acceptable in my eyes though. I'm chairwoman of the "PC is over the top" board, but this isn't really a PC topic...it's a real issue, not just stepping on people's overly sensitive toes.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that part I agree with -- stuff like that has no business being tweeted from an official team twitter account, definitely.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. to clarify, I am fully aware that all teams in today's NHL sit on leads in the 3rd period.

I just think that McLellan mismanaged his lines pretty bad in the 3rd (he even gave a few long shifts to his all-AHL -- aka 4th -- line... :L).

Full credit to the Kings for coming hard at the Sharks like everyone figured they would, but still... he did nothing to help the situation.

Oh, I know, I was making light of the fact that my team's coach is equally terrible at managing a game late in it. "Oh, we're up one with a powerplay and under 2 to go? TOP LINE! GO OUT THERE, DUMP THE PUCK IN, AND PLAY DEFENSE, OKAY?!"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I know, I was making light of the fact that my team's coach is equally terrible at managing a game late in it. "Oh, we're up one with a powerplay and under 2 to go? TOP LINE! GO OUT THERE, DUMP THE PUCK IN, AND PLAY DEFENSE, OKAY?!"

you two are cute with your Coach Stories on protecting 1 goal leads..

tumblr_llkf6d7GVo1qg0d4zo1_400.jpg

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Canucks... Can the Sharks ride the "knocked Canucks out" roll to the Stanley Cup like the last 3 winners have?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Canucks... Can the Sharks ride the "knocked Canucks out" roll to the Stanley Cup like the last 3 winners have?

im hoping that trend ends but not because I hate San Jose... I just hate that stigma the last while :(