• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs. #6 San Jose Sharks - Western semis

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bizarre amounts of late powerplays this postseason. More than I can recall in recent years.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to the Sharks. Dominated throughout the game, hell the whole series so far. Kings need to win the next game.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quick made some unbelievable saves. I couldn't believe he stopped Desjardins right in front.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch the game tomorrow and see for myself
Been posting from my iphone so no way I can see a puck
I am a believer in all calls even-ing out over time so I expect to get screwed soon and we will see how I react
:gaah:

Ok didn't think it would happen so soon.
Kings still up 2-1 so I did not scream when the Kings got called for the 2 penalties

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok didn't think it would happen so soon.
Kings still up 2-1 so I did not scream when the Kings got called for the 2 penalties

Hah.. well, at least one of the two was 100% legit (bowling into Niemi, the hook on RR was a little questionable, IMO).

But man, is the Sharks PP horrendous or what... Yes, I know they scored twice tonight but it still looks horrible out there. Nobody knows what to do with the puck, terrible passes, can't break into the zone, etc.

I mean... credit to the Kings for a good job preventing entries but still.

Anyway, Sharks had to win this one (duh) but still facing a hell of a climb and injuries on both sides are piling up quick here.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it just the stick smashing into the goal post or did he actually go after a ref? Probably both.

He was really upset out there tonight... not sure why... Burns came close to him a couple times but nobody else touched him all night. /shrug

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick is a hot head - damn good goalie, but a very short fuse.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it just the stick smashing into the goal post or did he actually go after a ref? Probably both.

He was really upset out there tonight... not sure why... Burns came close to him a couple times but nobody else touched him all night. /shrug

He thought he was interfered with on the first goal (I saw nothing) He was elbowed in the head a couple of times and got no call and then I think he feels Lewis was pushed/guided into Niemi.
Thing is even if those things are true you can't point them out to the refs when you are mad. It never goes well. Hope all it costs him is the automatic 200.00 fine.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, forgot to mention... like everyone else (I think) has been saying, that Toffoli kid is a stud... scary good.

Thank God Sutter only gave him 11 mins of ice time and only 4 shifts in the 3rd.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird...

We need to find video of this just for kicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird...

We need to find video of this just for kicks.

san jose needs one more game at home for $$$ so NHL may suspend Quick one game to help that. they need the money so bad.

will be interesting to see what they do here.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
holy shit that was a hit. I think Regehr has a new target.

kronwall'ed

hockeyrules_medium.gif

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
san jose needs one more game at home for $$$ so NHL may suspend Quick one game to help that. they need the money so bad.

will be interesting to see what they do here.

There's no way they suspend him.. but they might add to Raffi's suspension? Hah!

kronwall'ed

hockeyrules_medium.gif

Yeah... he gave credit to Kronwall too:

"I learned from the master," Stuart said, smiling. "It’s a play I’ve seen him do quite a few times: the forward looks up, thinks he’s got time and then you make your move. He didn’t see me coming I don’t think until it was probably too late."

Best part, IMO, is how Stuart still plays the puck calmly after the hit.

(the not-so-good part was his bonehead turnover that led to the Kings goal.. :L)

Also, this is hilarious:

"I find it very tough to believe, with a player as intelligent as Trevor Lewis, that he'd run the goalie," said Kings winger Dustin Penner. "I asked him and he said he got pushed from behind. I believe him and I'm disappointed that the refs had enough confidence to make a gutsy call like that in the last, whatever, 30 seconds of a period. It's pretty impressive when they have enough gall to guess."

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for the team. I gotta say one of my absolute best friends is a diehard Kings fan and the Kings fans on this board are damn cool. I want to hate that team but I cannot. They played a hell of a game but the Sharks deserved to get on the board. Game 4 is a must win for San Jose. If the Kings win, series over, if the Sharks win, its ON.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I know a lot of people are super negative about the Sharks in the playoffs. Even if we lose the next two, I am damn proud of how hard this team competes. Who gives a shit what all the naysayers say, this team plays damn hard, and the Kings are a hell of a team, so if we lose, the team should hold its head damn high.