• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/5 Puds @ Cinco de Campiones

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the thing with Hector. I failed to look at his 2014 stats; I had 2011-13 in my head. Based on those three years, he had over 400 ABs in the mid 90s OPS+ range, which is above average for a catcher.

Then, 2014 happened, and I didn't correctly value that. He may indeed be worth less than I am thinking. Had he put up another year like the three previous, he'd be a very valuable trade piece. Concussions, though, have eroded that value.
Doesn't OPS+ already account for position? Or does it compare all batters per league against each other?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OPS+ is *position* independent, but does take into account park factor. I believe that it is per league.
I KNOW it takes park into account, but I am not sure to what degree.

For example, does it take Tulo's stats from ATT and apply the ATT multiplier, then his Coors stats and apply the Coors multiplier; or does it just take his entire year's stats and apply the Coors multiplier?

Further, I know that after it has acquired a base number for each player, the numbers are normalized so that and OPS+ of 100 = league average. If I understand the number accurately, OPS+ of 120 is basically considered solid (think hitting .300).