• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/4 GDT. Dodgers @ Giants. 6:05 PM PT

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eeesh.

Now is not the time to rest anyone unless they are truly hurt.

Now is the time to step on the Little Blue Boys necks and finish them off for the sweep.

I can see resting Pagan IF he is hurt. But resting someone if they are tired?!? Cmon. If you are tired at this point against this team after these two games, or these 5 games, you don't belong on this team.

I am actually OK with Oxy and Posey. But then throw Scoot and Pence as well? That is a hangover lineup.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually OK with Oxy and Posey. But then throw Scoot and Pence as well? That is a hangover lineup.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there is NFW Posey would want to sit today, nor should he. Tomorrow, sure, but not today.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miller

And Miller's OK.

I like Miller, but he has more of a national feel than a local feel. I would be OK if he were take over at Fox. At least then we would look forward to national games.

Fleming has magical pipes, but he is too melba-toast...

Kruk and Kuip are damn fun to listen to. I don't listen to enough teams from other markets to comment from a true place of knowledge, but I gotta think these two are the best in the game.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Miller, but he has more of a national feel than a local feel. I would be OK if he were take over at Fox. At least then we would look forward to national games.

Kruk and Kuip are damn fun to listen to. I don't listen to enough teams from other markets to comment from a true place of knowledge, but I gotta think these two are the best in the game.

Well put. If I were an announcer, I would probably be like Kuip.

But I could sure be like Miller if I could have his paycheck.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pagan was injured. I want Posey in there..need to get Cain right.

They had an off day on Thursday- they should be fine.

Maysfan's right, stick it to the dogs when you can

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He used to do national games sometimes, like Sunday Night Baseball I think...anyone know why he doesn't anymore?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well put. If I were an announcer, I would probably be like Kuip.

But I could sure be like Miller if I could have his paycheck.

I'd be fine with Kuip's paycheck too

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just just like for Pence (hasn't had an off day and is swinging at air) and Posey to get a day of rest.

Those are the 2 I'd like to see rested

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used to do national games sometimes, like Sunday Night Baseball I think...anyone know why he doesn't anymore?

He and Morgan did ESPN games while they were also a Giants team (pre-Flem, if I am not mistaken). I think ESPN just wanted a change. Not sure if there was anything more than that.

Could you image, even just for 1 game, a team of Miller and Scully? They would probably walk all over each other, but it would be fun to listen to. Having both of them in the booth for a national broadcast of a Dodgers/Giants game would be epic.

Now that I think about it, why don't they do that on MLB? Combine the local teams to get a feel of both orgs. The chemistry would not be there, but the combination of knowledge about the teams would be unequaled...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Morgan did ESPN games while they were also a Giants team (pre-Flem, if I am not mistaken). I think ESPN just wanted a change. Not sure if there was anything more than that.

Could you image, even just for 1 game, a team of Miller and Scully? They would probably walk all over each other, but it would be fun to listen to. Having both of them in the booth for a national broadcast of a Dodgers/Giants game would be epic.

Now that I think about it, why don't they do that on MLB? Combine the local teams to get a feel of both orgs. The chemistry would not be there, but the combination of knowledge about the teams would be unequaled...

Miller and Morgan were nixed after the 2010 season because they wanted a fresh new crew (essentially). Flemming and Kuip would split the radio broadcast, usually the entire weekend depending on where the Giants were playing and where the Yankees or Red Sox were playing... I mean where Sunday night Baseball was located that week.

I would love it if they mixed rival announcers, they actually do that sometimes for the Giants/A's games, have Jon Miller, Ray Fosse and Kruk on TV and Duane Kuiper, Glen Kuiper and Flemming on the radio. It's fun to see, except I think it would be x100 better with Scully and Miller together. Imagine all the stories you would hear!

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if they mixed rival announcers, they actually do that sometimes for the Giants/A's games, have Jon Miller, Ray Fosse and Kruk on TV and Duane Kuiper, Glen Kuiper and Flemming on the radio. It's fun to see, except I think it would be x100 better with Scully and Miller together. Imagine all the stories you would hear!
Yeah the stories would be great, but what I would really like to hear is Jon doing his impeccable Scully impression back to Scully himself. Then we would get to see just how good that impression is.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the guy who left his friend while he was up $200 to go to the bathroom ...came back two minutes later and found him broke and selling his watch for more play money..

Awkward_applause.gif

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just just like for Pence (hasn't had an off day and is swinging at air) and Posey to get a day of rest.

Those are the 2 I'd like to see rested

You weren't too far off. Pence gets some time off and Posey gets to rest his legs