• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/29 JC @ RawKeys

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the dogs still play tonight..

Looks like 'Shaw won't be going more that 7 so their 'pen will see action...

Ooo, Ooo A. Cabrera just homered, 2-1 dogs.

108 K and 5 BB. Ungodly.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Shaw is not of this planet.....
This may get me booted from the forum, but, looking back, would any of you would have liked the Giants to have picked Kershaw over Lincecum? Do you think that would have upset the balance of three WS winners?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may get me booted from the forum, but, looking back, would any of you would have liked the Giants to have picked Kershaw over Lincecum? Do you think that would have upset the balance of three WS winners?
Kershaw was picked before Timmeh, so it isn't an issue.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Didn't look it up and thought it was the other way around. Never mind.
Just word the question differently...

If the Giants get to remake those two picks, who would they take and who would they give to the dogs?

I think you keep it as-is. 3 Rings is HUGE. That is why you play. How could you hope to improve on that?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just word the question differently...

If the Giants get to remake those two picks, who would they take and who would they give to the dogs?

I think you keep it as-is. 3 Rings is HUGE. That is why you play. How could you hope to improve on that?
Kershaw is going to have the better career but he didn't pitch like Lincecum during the playoffs. Could Kershaw have done better on the Giants during the playoffs, not being the main guy? I don't know but I would lean toward keeping it as is. Lincecum's run was brief but great.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw is going to have the better career but he didn't pitch like Lincecum during the playoffs. Could Kershaw have done better on the Giants during the playoffs, not being the main guy? I don't know but I would lean toward keeping it as is. Lincecum's run was brief but great.
And perfectly timed.

Again, what could you possibly hope to improve on? The Giants won 3 Championships. You think more could have been won with 'shaw instead?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And perfectly timed.

Again, what could you possibly hope to improve on? The Giants won 3 Championships. You think more could have been won with 'shaw instead?
I'm thinking about a rotation moving forward. Although one of Samardzija or Cueto probably wouldn't have been signed this year if Kershaw was part of the rotation.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about a rotation moving forward. Although one of Samardzija or Cueto probably wouldn't have been signed this year if Kershaw was part of the rotation.
Maybe I should change the scenario to: assuming the Giants would have won 3 WS regardless of whether it was Kershaw or Lincecum, which would you have preferred the Giants could have gotten? Keep in mind that may mean that one or both of Cueto and Samardzija are not in the current rotation. It may be Kershaw, Bumgarner, Cain, Peavy and Vogelsong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should change the scenario to: assuming the Giants would have won 3 WS regardless of whether it was Kershaw or Lincecum, which would you have preferred the Giants could have gotten? Keep in mind that may mean that one or both of Cueto and Samardzija are not in the current rotation. It may be Kershaw, Bumgarner, Cain, Peavy and Vogelsong.
Well now you are taking away everything. Kershaw is clearly the better pitcher today and moving forward. So if you are locking in team history to this point, you take the better moving forward and you don't even blink.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now you are taking away everything. Kershaw is clearly the better pitcher today and moving forward. So if you are locking in team history to this point, you take the better moving forward and you don't even blink.
Not sure its that clear cut. Which rotation would you rather have, the one we currently have (with Cain healthy) or the one I listed above?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure its that clear cut. Which rotation would you rather have, the one we currently have (with Cain healthy) or the one I listed above?
The one you list only has 3 healthy pitchers (Bum, 'shaw and PV; Cain is out fir probably 2 starts and Vogey's career is likely over). Granted, you DID say "healthy Cain", but that is a big assumption moving forward.

If you asking if I would rather have...

Bum
Cueto
Sammy
PV
Cain

Or...

Bum
Kershaw
PV
Cain
???

I would take our existing rotation. 5 is better than 4, and 3 is better than 2.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one you list only has 3 healthy pitchers (Bum, 'shaw and PV; Cain is out fir probably 2 starts and Vogey's career is likely over). Granted, you DID say "healthy Cain", but that is a big assumption moving forward.

If you asking if I would rather have...

Bum
Cueto
Sammy
PV
Cain

Or...

Bum
Kershaw
PV
Cain
???

I would take our existing rotation. 5 is better than 4, and 3 is better than 2.
I am making two assumptions in this case that I did not state - 1) that Cain will return soon (a big if, I know) and 2) that Vogelsong wouldn't have been hit with a pitch had he been with the Giants.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And perfectly timed.

I think we would probably have been odd year champions. Just my guess.