• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/2 GDT Big Z @ Emo Z

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Conner Gillaspie has started to rake in Fresno.....

overall .362/.417/.521
last 10 .512/.533/.744

Last edited by a moderator:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the movie, but this reminds me of the line "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of Him"

My point being, you have a problem with certain words, even in non-hateful jest, used about gay people. Some might have problems with words used even in non hateful jest about Jesus. You gotta be consistent, or just relax about all of it.

OK, off soapbox. I guarantee a win tomorrow. A big, gay, win for Jesus.

"The Usual Suspects". Line uttered by Verbal Kint, aka Kaiser Soze, aka Kevin Spacey.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"The Usual Suspects". Line uttered by Verbal Kint, aka Kaiser Soze, aka Kevin Spacey.

......an actor deep in the closet.....not that there's anything wrong with that. And now, this evening's festivities come to a close.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy game, but...

Jeez, guys, this was the absolute WORST GDT since the migration. I came here to try get some good snarky pissed-wit about that debacle of a game, instead you are all walking around with the giants quiet bats stuck firmly up your asses.

The G's are still at .500 and have a LOT of good signs moving forward. So why are we starting to go after each other here? Guys, this is the bar.

CHILL THE FUCK OUT AND HAVE A DRINK!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy game, but...

Jeez, guys, this was the absolute WORST GDT since the migration. I came here to try get some good snarky pissed-wit about that debacle of a game, instead you are all walking around with the giants quiet bats stuck firmly up your asses.

The G's are still at .500 and have a LOT of good signs moving forward. So why are we starting to go after each other here? Guys, this is the bar.

Whiteside's fault.

:drink:

Come on, Cal, you didn't smile even a little at the Major League references?

And our going after each other, for a time, anyway, seemed to be working its magic, as the Giants scored as we pummeled each other. When we stopped, so did the Giants' scoring. Coincidence? I think not.

Sincerely- General Manager of the Universe from my computer screen

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you're not a hater (and I don't have any reason to think that you are), saying what you said is fucked up. In the future, just don't do it.

MSG should take back his words as soon as you take off your signature line. Anti-religion is on par with anti-gay spewing. The ironic part is, MSG was kidding, you aren't. Cmon Cam, I expect better of you. Keep in mind, I have 3-4 really close gay friends even though I myself am not gay.....and I'm agnostic, so no religion ties. Look, this board is for a bunch of different people who share one common thing (love of the Giants) to come here and bullshit and have fun. If you don't like something that much, put the person on ignore or talk via PM and get it hashed out that way. If you and Marco feel that strongly about certain items (i.e. - anti-gay talk or anything of that ilk), save it for folks who really do hate gay people or take the activism route and really go out and do something.

Forget the movie, but this reminds me of the line "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of Him"

My point being, you have a problem with certain words, even in non-hateful jest, used about gay people. Some might have problems with words used even in non hateful jest about Jesus. You gotta be consistent, or just relax about all of it.

OK, off soapbox. I guarantee a win tomorrow. A big, gay, win for Jesus.

Could have been Usual Suspects?

Agreed.

lol, I hope so.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry Stokes, I didn't read one page.....and it was the last one. I'm an ass.

......an actor deep in the closet.....not that there's anything wrong with that. And now, this evening's festivities come to a close.

lol, this thread was as bad as the game. I was so pissed off at the game that I didn't even want to post here out of frustration and be "that" somebody that we used to know (yay for popular culture). Yeah, I put myself on timeout.

Crappy game, but...

All of this ^.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MSG should take back his words as soon as you take off your signature line. anti-religion is on par with anti-gay spewing. The ironic part is, MSG was kidding, you aren't. Cmon Cam, I expect better of you. Keep in mind, I have 3-4 really close gay friends even though I myself am not gay.....and I'm agnostic, so no religion ties. Look, this board is for a bunch of different people who share one common thing (love of the Giants) to come here and bullshit and have fun. If you don't like something, put the person on ignore or talk via PM and get it hashed out that way. If you and Marco feel that strongly about certain items (i.e. - anti-gay talk or anything of that ilk), save it for folks who really do hate gay people or take the activism route and really go out and do something.

I do take the activism route, just so you know. I was very active in the anti-Prop 8 campaign and participate in marches and memorial walks. I donate time and money when possible.

As for your statement, there is a difference between using words that have hate towards specific people and words that denounce an idea. My anti-religious quote on my posts does not mock any person or make any person the subject. It is directed at the institution. It is not my fault if someone reads too much into my quote and interprets it as some sort of hate speech toward those who are religious. I cannot control what people think.

On the other hand, there is absolutely no defense for using slurs. The word 'fag' is directed toward a gay person and is a slur along the lines of n!**er toward black people or 'wetback' toward a Mexican. It has no other meaning (when directed toward people) and its intentions are perfectly clear when used. Even if we all say that the term has lost its meaning, it hasn't. It just means that we have lost our sensitivity toward the subject.

The only real comparison would be if I called all Christians Jew haters and Jesus killers, which I do not nor did I. You are comparing apples and oranges.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do take the activism route, just so you know. I was very active in the anti-Prop 8 campaign and participate in marches and memorial walks. I donate time and money when possible.

As for your statement, there is a difference between using words that have hate towards specific people and words that denounce an idea. My anti-religious quote on my posts does not mock any person or make any person the subject. It is directed at the institution. It is not my fault if someone reads too much into my quote and interprets it as some sort of hate speech toward those who are religious. I cannot control what people think.

On the other hand, there is absolutely no defense for using slurs. The word 'fag' is directed toward a gay person and is a slur along the lines of n!**er toward black people or 'wetback' toward a Mexican. It has no other meaning (when directed toward people) and its intentions are perfectly clear when used. Even if we all say that the term has lost its meaning, it hasn't. It just means that we have lost our sensitivity toward the subject.

The only real comparison would be if I called all Christians Jew haters and Jesus killers, which I do not nor did I. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Good. I urge you to keep doing so (as it's an awesome cause). I ran a race for it once, but that's all. I'm lazy, but I do support it.

Nice spin, but I don't buy any of it. So since you're just making fun of the "institution", people that care deeply for it might not feel hurt or stupid even if they are not the "subject"? MSG didn't have one particular gay person in mind or make any one gay person the subject when he said "faggy" either. Can't have it both ways. I'm not arguing which one is worse to do, I'm saying that if one is gone/allowed, so should the other. My humble opinion of course.

I didn't say it was an apples to apples comparison, I said it was "on par". Meaning (or my intent at least), it may be apples and oranges, but it's still fruit.

Anyway, this will be the last I say on this subject, lest I become a hypocrite for expanding on this issue. If you do want to say something else, feel free to (don't want it to seem like I get/need to have the last word). From now on, on this particular matter, I will consider it closed or talk to you via PM.

(keep in mind, I respect all of you on this forum.....I'm just sayin')

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of the whole thing already. I'll pick different words. Maybe make fun of the 'institution of homosexuality' instead.

;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three brief things, then I am off to torment my students with a final exam.

First, I am a pastor of a church, and am mostly OK with critiques and slams of the institution. We have done enough to bring it upon ourselves. Still, in slamming "religion" or "the institution", I somehow get caught in the crossfire. When people criticize or mock "the church", well, I am the church in a very small part. Yeah, church people can be all sorts of crazy. But these are my people, and I have been called to love and guide those people. I try not to take it personally, nor do I try and defend against such criticism here. This is not the venue for it. Criticizing most religious stereotypes is low hanging fruit, in my opinion.

Still, forget my profession, I am only a poster here. No need to watch your p's and q's when I am around, let 'er rip.

Second, there is perhaps a slight difference in posting some racial slur on a message board that is not particularly directed at anyone in particular, and calling someone said slur to their face. Face to face, or in public to incite passions, is much worse than what happened here. Not to excuse what happened here, nor to defend it, just to recognize there is a difference.

Third, there are real issues with real disagreements with good people, and thoughtful positions, on both sides. Not all agreeing is what makes this country wonderful, and frustrating. My denomination is at war over ordaining GLBTQ folks, and I know and love people on both sides. I have a position on the matter, but it is heart wrenching either way.

Still, like filo says, this board is united on one thing, our love and support for the Giants. I will try (and fail) not to be a downer nor a HF in my posts, and treat my fellow posters with dignity and respect. Well, except for PWD and Fudsense and Tito. And for that attitude I have some degree of righteous shame.

Off to my final exam. Out.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Three brief things, then I am off to torment my students with a final exam.

First, I am a pastor of a church, and am mostly OK with critiques and slams of the institution. We have done enough to bring it upon ourselves. Still, in slamming "religion" or "the institution", I somehow get caught in the crossfire. When people criticize or mock "the church", well, I am the church in a very small part. Yeah, church people can be all sorts of crazy. But these are my people, and I have been called to love and guide those people. I try not to take it personally, nor do I try and defend against such criticism here. This is not the venue for it. Criticizing most religious stereotypes is low hanging fruit, in my opinion.

Still, forget my profession, I am only a poster here. No need to watch your p's and q's when I am around, let 'er rip.

Second, there is perhaps a slight difference in posting some racial slur on a message board that is not particularly directed at anyone in particular, and calling someone said slur to their face. Face to face, or in public to incite passions, is much worse than what happened here. Not to excuse what happened here, nor to defend it, just to recognize there is a difference.

Third, there are real issues with real disagreements with good people, and thoughtful positions, on both sides. Not all agreeing is what makes this country wonderful, and frustrating. My denomination is at war over ordaining GLBTQ folks, and I know and love people on both sides. I have a position on the matter, but it is heart wrenching either way.

Still, like filo says, this board is united on one thing, our love and support for the Giants. I will try (and fail) not to be a downer nor a HF in my posts, and treat my fellow posters with dignity and respect. Well, except for PWD and Fudsense and Tito. And for that attitude I have some degree of righteous shame.

Off to my final exam. Out.

Well said, Stoksie.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense makes everyone testy

phils-giants-fight-gif.gif

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy game, but...

Which signs are those?

1. The Beard done for the season?
2. Huff on the DL with anxiety issues?
3. Huff's production when "healthy?"
4. Leading the league in errors?
5. Brandon Belt's "production?"
6. Nate's break out season?
7. Melkman's last three weeks?
8. Panda out for 40 games?
9. BA with RISP?
10. Timmy's struggles?

Sorry, I just don't see it. Not today.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense makes everyone testy

phils-giants-fight-gif.gif

This is HILARIOUS..

I remember the fight (Whiteside's fault), and I remember Whitey over-reacting, but I never noticed his bunny-impersonation.

rep

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which signs are those?

9. BA with RISP?
10. Timmy's struggles?

I have to say I'm closer to tzill's pessimism that I was even a week ago. Our best hitter goes down (again) and now it feels like 2011 again. The silver lining is we'll still have 100 games to play when he returns, and AZ doesn't look like they will open some huge lead on us. Still worry about the Dogs.

All we can do is go out there and play every day.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which signs are those?

9. BA with RISP?
10. Timmy's struggles?

1) The Beard was an oil can in the waiting as it was. We have Hembree getting ready to kick down the door. So while Losing an asset sucks, it isn't AS sucky as it appears on the surface.

2) He has been sucky for the last year +, and is now getting the help he needs.

3) You REALLY wanted to get to 10, didnt you?

4) This is concerning. However, much of it can be explained away. Craw is pressing in the field because he is a D-first player and a rook. His makes the exceptional play, he just needs to tighten up so he isnt throwing before he catches (so to speak).

5) .273 BA with a .746 OPS. Not bad for a guy who is struggling.

6) He is streaky. Right now he is down. His D is still stellar. He was expected to be a 4th OF guy. He has stepped up to be a potential 3rd OF guy. I am happy with this.

7) How about Melk's first few weeks? He is apparently a big presence in the locker room as well. I am happy with him so far.

8) Sucks, but Connor is RAKING. Let's see if he wants to have a MLB career.

9) SSS. Juggle the order a bit, have a big game, This is not your 2009 or 2011 Giants offense.

10) August 2010

How about all the runs that we scored the first 2 weeks of the season? How about the fact we have done this (.500 record) WITHOUT Timmeh? How about Cain and Bum both stepping up to be HUGE, LEGIT #1 pitchers? How about Casilla grabbing hold of the closer role?

Come on, tz, drop the FUD and step away...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The Beard was an oil can in the waiting as it was. We have Hembree getting ready to kick down the door. So while Losing an asset sucks, it isn't AS sucky as it appears on the surface.

2) He has been sucky for the last year +, and is now getting the help he needs.

3) You REALLY wanted to get to 10, didnt you?

4) This is concerning. However, much of it can be explained away. Craw is pressing in the field because he is a D-first player and a rook. His makes the exceptional play, he just needs to tighten up so he isnt throwing before he catches (so to speak).

5) .273 BA with a .746 OPS. Not bad for a guy who is struggling.

6) He is streaky. Right now he is down. His D is still stellar. He was expected to be a 4th OF guy. He has stepped up to be a potential 3rd OF guy. I am happy with this.

7) How about Melk's first few weeks? He is apparently a big presence in the locker room as well. I am happy with him so far.

8) Sucks, but Connor is RAKING. Let's see if he wants to have a MLB career.

9) SSS. Juggle the order a bit, have a big game, This is not your 2009 or 2011 Giants offense.

10) August 2010

How about all the runs that we scored the first 2 weeks of the season? How about the fact we have done this (.500 record) WITHOUT Timmeh? How about Cain and Bum both stepping up to be HUGE, LEGIT #1 pitchers? How about Casilla grabbing hold of the closer role?

Come on, tz, drop the FUD and step away...

Rep. Agree with the young man in LoCal.