• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5-1

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41-24

Offense looked pretty good today, not much to complain about there. Defense looked better in the 2nd half, but overall they were a little disappointing. Gashed multiple times by the FB. And another slow start to the game, much like Clemson

Kizer looked pretty solid today, outside of the one interception.
Kizer- 22/30 281 yards 1 TD

Prosise has another big game, was starting to look a little banged up in the 2nd half.
Prosise- 21 carries 129 yards 3 TD
Adams with 38 yards on 8 carries. I would like to see him get about 10 touches a game, to take some of that load off of Prosise.

Happy with the win today, now it's time to gear up for USC week.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it now. Big game with huge playoff implications vs a Pissed USC team

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, going to need Frontese to have a big game next week.

Never Gonna live that down huh?

PROCISE has to put on a Heisman Candidate game(that one game were everyone stands up and takes notice). DeShone has got to be "as cool as the other side of the pillow"

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Prosise should be a candidate, but you know, since the brainiacs of the sport didn't have him as a preseason candidate, he'll get no meaningful play. Does ND actually get involved in Heisman marketing?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41-24

Offense looked pretty good today, not much to complain about there. Defense looked better in the 2nd half, but overall they were a little disappointing. Gashed multiple times by the FB. And another slow start to the game, much like Clemson

Kizer looked pretty solid today, outside of the one interception.
Kizer- 22/30 281 yards 1 TD

Prosise has another big game, was starting to look a little banged up in the 2nd half.
Prosise- 21 carries 129 yards 3 TD
Adams with 38 yards on 8 carries. I would like to see him get about 10 touches a game, to take some of that load off of Prosise.

Happy with the win today, now it's time to gear up for USC week.
I would like to see Adams get 15 so that Prosise doesn't get worn down.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Prosise should be a candidate, but you know, since the brainiacs of the sport didn't have him as a preseason candidate, he'll get no meaningful play. Does ND actually get involved in Heisman marketing?

Not sure they should get behind Prosise though.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not advocating it, was just curious because I know I've seen campaigns before that likely had to come from the University's pockets and not the player's. Since we haven't had a candidate since before Al Gore invented the Internet, I was curious if ND did stuff like that?

I agree, I'd like to see more of that two TE set with Dexter Williams in the backfield. That kid is the middle bruiser, or at least the best mold for that we have.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not advocating it, was just curious because I know I've seen campaigns before that likely had to come from the University's pockets and not the player's. Since we haven't had a candidate since before Al Gore invented the Internet, I was curious if ND did stuff like that?

I agree, I'd like to see more of that two TE set with Dexter Williams in the backfield. That kid is the middle bruiser, or at least the best mold for that we have.

Te'o finished 2nd for the Heisman in 2012 I would say that made him a candidate.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In as much as I'd like to see him in the running, it's real hard to see anyone getting it over Fournette. He is the most deserving overall and the most deserving RB. CJ is having a great year and could challenge Vagas Ferguson's single season record but he, unlike Fournette, has been able to be stopped.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall they did a good job yesterday. We got the blow out.

Positives: We took care of business. CJ is a beast and Kizer is getting better and better every week.

Negative: We keep starting slow and the D takes series off. No way that RB should of done what he did against us. Tackling has been a weakness.

Overall B-

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o finished 2nd for the Heisman in 2012 I would say that made him a candidate.

Not only that, but didn't Quinn finish in the top 3 as well?

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, but did ND actually help in the campaign? I meant in terms of winning it, not since '88. Not that Te'o didn't deserve to be in the running at all, but the voting was way lopsided as far as first place votes. It just isn't really considered to be a defensive award. Say or example, next year, if Zaire were to be a candidate, or even Kizer possibly... would ND pump campaign dollars into it or would they not (even if the reasons are legit)?

Yes people are correct, Fournette is the clear favorite, but things happen, look at what happened to poor Chubb.

I'd like to see a little bit more of Kelly getting Prosise into the flat for some HB passes, but that'd probably mean getting a TE in instead of a third WR most of the time. I want more of the two TE set, especially on first down. I thought we got off the ball much better with positive runs in that set early.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In as much as I'd like to see him in the running, it's real hard to see anyone getting it over Fournette. He is the most deserving overall and the most deserving RB. CJ is having a great year and could challenge Vagas Ferguson's single season record but he, unlike Fournette, has been able to be stopped.
This.

If Fournette stays healthy, there's your winner. Dude is Lebron James on football field.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a little bit more of Kelly getting Prosise into the flat for some HB passes, but that'd probably mean getting a TE in instead of a third WR most of the time. I want more of the two TE set, especially on first down. I thought we got off the ball much better with positive runs in that set early.
Problem with that is our starting TE (who was a great blocker) is gonzo. The ones we have now, not particularly blocking types.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that is our starting TE (who was a great blocker) is gonzo. The ones we have now, not particularly blocking types.
Luatua is a great blocker. Weishar and Jones, not so much, but I don't think they expect much from Jones in that dept.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We opened with 2 TE and ran a play-pass to Jones that Kizer short-armed. We then played off that a bit more, but not as much as I'd like.

We ran 2 TE sets that yielded better lanes for Prosise to hit than that read-option stretch play. But, ya'll know I hate the read-option so I'm biased that way admittedly.