• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Swabbies

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve young curse? We got young, but in return we get a decade of losing in Tampa? It looks like it has finally be lifted.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve young curse? We got young, but in return we get a decade of losing in Tampa? It looks like it has finally be lifted.

Yeah, that 1993 win was at Tampa Stadium (a.k.a. "The Big Sombrero"), and the game was on CBS back then.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

Reid had a sea of teammates around him when he picked off a deflected pass at Tampa Bay’s 22-yard line with just under two minutes left, but he eschewed a chance for a touchdown and fell to the ground in the 49ers' 33-14 win:

“It probably would have been the easiest touchdown of my life,” Reid said. “I just decided to do the right thing. If we score, that’s another kickoff we have to cover. Another opportunity for someone to get hurt. The defense has to go back out and it’s another opportunity for someone to get hurt. I think we’re going into the end of the year -- let’s preserve our bodies and let’s go home … I looked up and I saw nothing but white jerseys. You kind of think about it, but at the end of the day I think I made the right decision.”

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch:

Reid had a sea of teammates around him when he picked off a deflected pass at Tampa Bay’s 22-yard line with just under two minutes left, but he eschewed a chance for a touchdown and fell to the ground in the 49ers' 33-14 win:

“It probably would have been the easiest touchdown of my life,” Reid said. “I just decided to do the right thing. If we score, that’s another kickoff we have to cover. Another opportunity for someone to get hurt. The defense has to go back out and it’s another opportunity for someone to get hurt. I think we’re going into the end of the year -- let’s preserve our bodies and let’s go home … I looked up and I saw nothing but white jerseys. You kind of think about it, but at the end of the day I think I made the right decision.”

That doesn't sound like a rookie talking.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That doesn't sound like a rookie talking.

Reid isn't your average rookie. In fact, Reid isn't your average football player when he speaks. He can actually form complete sentences and talk eloquently if he has to. That's something most NFL players can't do.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid isn't your average rookie. In fact, Reid isn't your average football player when he speaks. He can actually form complete sentences and talk eloquently if he has to. That's something most NFL players can't do.

Lets hope he can retain that ability after all the head shots he's taken this year.