• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Falcons

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double downing on stupid? Par for the course.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 2 types of spot reviews in the NFL

1. Is it a Touchdown?
Well looks like maybe half an inch of the ball crossed the Goal line.
"The ruling on the field has been overturned. The ball crossed the Goal line resulting in a Touchdown."

2. Is it a First Down?
Well looks like the entire ball cross the line to gain.
"The ruling on the field stands. The runner was down short of the line to gain."

For real the standard between the 2 is ridiculous. How can we be 100% sure Julio got the ball over the line when just the slightest angle change can make him look short or over. If that same play was for a First Down they would stuck with he was short of the line to gain.

Anyway Kittle despite his amazing day pretty much cost us the game with that Fumble. He maintains control on the ball and he has an easy First Down that lets us pretty much run the clock dry.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 2 types of spot reviews in the NFL

1. Is it a Touchdown?
Well looks like maybe half an inch of the ball crossed the Goal line.
"The ruling on the field has been overturned. The ball crossed the Goal line resulting in a Touchdown."

2. Is it a First Down?
Well looks like the entire ball cross the line to gain.
"The ruling on the field stands. The runner was down short of the line to gain."

For real the standard between the 2 is ridiculous. How can we be 100% sure Julio got the ball over the line when just the slightest angle change can make him look short or over. If that same play was for a First Down they would stuck with he was short of the line to gain.

Anyway Kittle despite his amazing day pretty much cost us the game with that Fumble. He maintains control on the ball and he has an easy First Down that lets us pretty much run the clock dry.

There are cameras directly aligned with the end zone line....JJ crossed it with the ball...it was a TD.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we needed that Falcons win. It really doesn't change a whole lot for the hawks even if we win against Arizona we still need to win that critical game week 17. One element that this adds is that next weeks game against the Rams in LA will be a high stakes critical game for you guys.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was supposed to be the niners last tune up "easy" game. Playing the Rams and the Hawks to end the season might as well be playoff-level games. Rams have to win out to have a shot at the playoffs so they'll bring their A game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow! What a choke job again by the defense. They've choked on the final drive in all three losses and in the win vs New Orleans when Kittle bailed them out. Hopefully we'll get to play the Eagles and not trhe Cowboys in the wild card round. Otherwise they are one and done.
Thank goodness the Cowboys took care of our business for us today and we are in.

The same guy who's harping on 5 injured defensive starters, turns around and call them 'choke job'?!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man we needed that Falcons win. It really doesn't change a whole lot for the hawks even if we win against Arizona we still need to win that critical game week 17. One element that this adds is that next weeks game against the Rams in LA will be a high stakes critical game for you guys.

We already knew the West would come down to the last game, but yes, next week is important for the No. 1 seed. The 49ers can still get the No. 1 seed with two wins, but the Seahawks need help even if they win two. Maybe this 'help' comes tonight?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a trap game and the team fell into the trap yesterday. Even had they won yesterday, I would have said they were lucky to win it. They did not play with any fire coming out of the game. Too relaxed. The bright spot is for the first time in weeks the team did not lose any players to injury. Can't afford to lose any more players. Down too many as it is. Hopefully the team can get some of these players back soon. Not having Dee Ford is big

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same guy who's harping on 5 injured defensive starters, turns around and call them 'choke job'?!
The interesting thing to me, more so than the lack of effort shown by the players, was the lack of effort shown by the coaching staff and to me that is much worse.
Compare the play calling in the New Orleans game to the pedestrian, ho hum calls in the Atlanta game. Where was the wide receiver pass, the fullback pitch to the running back, the long passing game to Sanders. The coaches put no effort into this game plan and it burned them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was supposed to be the niners last tune up "easy" game. Playing the Rams and the Hawks to end the season might as well be playoff-level games. Rams have to win out to have a shot at the playoffs so they'll bring their A game.
The big problem for the 49ers next week is that the Vikings don't play until Monday, so no matter what, when the Rams play the Niners they'll still be alive and will be playing their asses off.

I'm not really sure the Falcons game mattered though. Win or lose that game, and they'd still have to beat the Seahwaks to win the division so nothing has changed except maybe now they will focus a little more in these last two games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't matter at all. The 49ers still need to beat the Seahawks to win the division regardless of whether they beat the Falcons or not. The crushing loss was the one we threw away against the Seahawks at home earlier this year. That was the back breaker.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The big problem for the 49ers next week is that the Vikings don't play until Monday, so no matter what, when the Rams play the Niners they'll still be alive and will be playing their asses off.

I'm not really sure the Falcons game mattered though. Win or lose that game, and they'd still have to beat the Seahwaks to win the division so nothing has changed except maybe now they will focus a little more in these last two games.

Correct, we needed to beat Seattle regardless, for the West Division. We can be one game behind going into that game and still win the West via tie-breaker. I think it was down to Tie-Breaker 3, common opponents?

This lost matters for the No. 1 seed, because now there's potential to fall 1 game behind New Orleans or Green Bay. Not likely but possible both 49ers and Seahawk win one more game (ours need to be against the Seahawks). Whereas New Orleans and/or Green Bay win their remaining games. So we might win the West but not have a 1st round bye.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, we needed to beat Seattle regardless, for the West Division. We can be one game behind going into that game and still win the West via tie-breaker. I think it was down to Tie-Breaker 3, common opponents?

This lost matters for the No. 1 seed, because now there's potential to fall 1 game behind New Orleans or Green Bay. Not likely but possible both 49ers and Seahawk win one more game (ours need to be against the Seahawks). Whereas New Orleans and/or Green Bay win their remaining games. So we might win the West but not have a 1st round bye.
If they win the division I think they'll get a first round bye. I don't think both GB and N.O. will pass them; maybe one of them.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a trap game and the team fell into the trap yesterday. Even had they won yesterday, I would have said they were lucky to win it. They did not play with any fire coming out of the game. Too relaxed. The bright spot is for the first time in weeks the team did not lose any players to injury. Can't afford to lose any more players. Down too many as it is. Hopefully the team can get some of these players back soon. Not having Dee Ford is big

I think Shanahan's gameplan, and I somewhat understand his reasoning behind it, backfired on him. I think his intentions were to keep the clock running and mixing it up with shorter passes to Kittle, and rushing the ball....all to keep the defense as fresh as possible due to the lack of starters on that unit. The problem it seemed, was that every aspect to the offense was just out of sync - the play calls, the pass blocking, the QB, the receivers....they were out of sorts all game.

It was a poorly officiated game that also benefitted SF, so it's hard to point in that direction either. Still....Kittle (who was used far too much) if he doesn't fumble and gets that first down, the ball game is essentially over and the defense isn't trotted out there. Not only are the lack of starters on that side of the ball an issue, a few of the rotational players are also done for the season, so it's easy to see why they can be prone to fade as the game wears on.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they win the division I think they'll get a first round bye. I don't think both GB and N.O. will pass them; maybe one of them.

If we lose to the Rams and beat the Seahawks, we'll be 12-4 and the West Division champs.

If New Orleans and Green Bay win their remaining games, they'll be 13-3 and Division champs. So our wins over them won't matter because we'll be one game back of both. Yes, again not saying this is likely, but saying this scenario is now possible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Shanahan's gameplan, and I somewhat understand his reasoning behind it, backfired on him. I think his intentions were to keep the clock running and mixing it up with shorter passes to Kittle, and rushing the ball....all to keep the defense as fresh as possible due to the lack of starters on that unit. The problem it seemed, was that every aspect to the offense was just out of sync - the play calls, the pass blocking, the QB, the receivers....they were out of sorts all game.

It was a poorly officiated game that also benefitted SF, so it's hard to point in that direction either. Still....Kittle (who was used far too much) if he doesn't fumble and gets that first down, the ball game is essentially over and the defense isn't trotted out there. Not only are the lack of starters on that side of the ball an issue, a few of the rotational players are also done for the season, so it's easy to see why they can be prone to fade as the game wears on.

It seems this way (wasn't able to watch the game), another game where we needed more offense and they didn't come thru. Didn't seem like we needed an offense like New Orleans, but at least TD's vice FG's? The offensive side isn't suffering a lot of injuries, so no excuse.

IMO on officiating, for the entire season we haven't gotten bad officiating. Sure someone might find one or two bad calls, but saying overall season we likely got more calls than not.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose to the Rams and beat the Seahawks, we'll be 12-4 and the West Division champs.

If New Orleans and Green Bay win their remaining games, they'll be 13-3 and Division champs. So our wins over them won't matter because we'll be one game back of both. Yes, again not saying this is likely, but saying this scenario is now possible.
They need to win both games, no doubt about it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The lack of effort on he part of the coaching staff was far more egregious then the lack of effort by the players.