• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers nearing new deal with Tarell Brown - expected this month

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got something like $2.75M one year and only $8.25M of it is gtd. We could easily cut him and put Lemonier in full-time.

How is Rogers deal setup can we cut him after this season no problems?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks is signed thru 2017. His contract only had 8 million guaranteed! After this season he has 4.5 million in prorated money still guaranteed. In 2014 it costs us 4.5 to cut, 2015 3, 2016 1.5, and 0 in 2017. If he plays great, he gets paid about 8 million a year. If he sucks we cut him. Great contract.

In the NFL the simplest way to judge a contract is guaranteed money. Brooks deal is the same the eagles gave conor barwin. Paul kruger got 2.5 time the guaranteed money. Goldson got 22 million guaranteed.

We will not cut him unless his play falls off a cliff, his contract would be easy to trade considering open market he would get 15 to 20 million guaranteed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Rogers deal setup can we cut him after this season no problems?

Rogers will get cut next year. Also its Brown getting beat not Brock. Brock has one of the best cover % in the league right now. I think Brock is in the Top 5. To be fair he is going against other teams #2's and 3's. Brown always gets the #1 WR .

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he might be but he isn't worth #1 CB money. So it will depend what we pay for him.

Agreed. I'm OK as long as his signing doesn't prevent the team from getting someone else they really could use.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on Brooks. I don't see how he is not gonna be on the roster next year. First you have the headcase Aldon so Lemon and Brooks have to stay for now, second, it only costs $150k more to keep Brooks next season vs eating SB. None of the remaining years break the bank either because if he declines and isn't worth the money you tell him goodbye.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rogers will get cut next year. Also its Brown getting beat not Brock. Brock has one of the best cover % in the league right now. I think Brock is in the Top 5. To be fair he is going against other teams #2's and 3's. Brown always gets the #1 WR .

Nope. We don't match up our CBs. Brown plays RCB, and whichever WR lines up on that side Brown covers. When Brock is on the field he takes whoever comes to his side.

Brock also got torched in Tennessee on the TD pass where he guessed on the route.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got something like $2.75M one year and only $8.25M of it is gtd. We could easily cut him and put Lemonier in full-time.

I wouldn't want Lemonier to start full-time right now; situational pass rusher, sure but not a full time starter. He really needs to get better while dropping back which is where I think Brooks sets himself apart from Lemonier. This is going to take practice of course but he will get there eventually (hopefully). Right now both Aldon and Lemonier are liabilities when they drop back, that really needs to change.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wouldn't want Lemonier to start full-time right now; situational pass rusher, sure but not a full time starter. He really needs to get better while dropping back which is where I think Brooks sets himself apart from Lemonier. This is going to take practice of course but he will get there eventually (hopefully). Right now both Aldon and Lemonier are liabilities when they drop back, that really needs to change.

Lemonier's actually been really good in coverage. He had a pass breakup in limited snaps against the Jags in fact.

Since the trade deadline is past, there's no reason to start Lemonier over Brooks. However, I'd like to see him come off the bench in passing situations.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this. I don't think Aldon is a liability in coverage is he great no but he is certainly adequate. Also the reason Lemonier won't start this year and probably next either is because Brooks sets the edge in the run game about as good as any 3/4 OLB in the league. I think right now Lemonier pass defense is close enough to Brooks but he won't see the field on "run downs" until he sets the edge better IMO.