• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Jets

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We can survive a little bit with Mullens and Reed playing, but Bosa is obviously a HUGE blow.

Too bad for Thomas too, this was his chance to show what he can do.

Boy, Kewaun Williams is REALLY good, seems like he would be the most important DB FA next off-season?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he cannot?!

Yes he did.
He did, gotta give him credit. After his horrendous coaching effort against Az, they came back strong despite not having any of their best players. Unfortunately this game cost us our season with the loss of Bosa, Garoppolo and Mostert on top of everyone else that is injured.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can survive a little bit with Mullens and Reed playing, but Bosa is obviously a HUGE blow.

Too bad for Thomas too, this was his chance to show what he can do.

Boy, Kewaun Williams is REALLY good, seems like he would be the most important DB FA next off-season?
Kittle is gone long term but Reed showed that he can still play. Problem with him though is he is one tap to the helmet from another concussion. McKinnon showed up as well. I doubt we'll see Samuel or Hurd this year at all and that is a shame.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three rivals in the West look better than this 49er team that is decimated by injury. I can easily see them finishing last in this division that I believe is the toughest in football. Going from first to worst in one year is a tough thing but its hard to fault the 49ers; injuries crushed them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He did, gotta give him credit. After his horrendous coaching effort against Az, they came back strong despite not having any of their best players. Unfortunately this game cost us our season with the loss of Bosa, Garoppolo and Mostert on top of everyone else that is injured.

Yes, if Bosa does indeed have a torn ACL, this season won't end nearly as well as we hoped. I think we'd be in a fight for a play-off spot now, and this is the expanded play-offs.

I say this knowing Ford is also 'gimpy', ie much less pressure from the D.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if Bosa does indeed have a torn ACL, this season won't end nearly as well as we hoped. I think we'd be in a fight for a play-off spot now, and this is the expanded play-offs.

I say this knowing Ford is also 'gimpy', ie much less pressure from the D.
To me, its not just the number of injuries, its the number of injuries at the same position. You can overcome an injury at the receiver corp or on the D Line but you can't overcome the entire receiving corp being injured or the entire D line being injured. There simply aren't enough quality replacements. The Niners are done; especially since they are already last in the division with a division loss already.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me, its not just the number of injuries, its the number of injuries at the same position. You can overcome an injury at the receiver corp or on the D Line but you can't overcome the entire receiving corp being injured or the entire D line being injured. There simply aren't enough quality replacements. The Niners are done; especially since they are already last in the division with a division loss already.

IF "The Niners are done....". refers to winning the SB, agree it is unlikely without Bosa plus other injuries. But not going to say we're already out of it just yet. With all the slew of injuries happening at once, yes we could easily lose these next few games. Yes, we could lose even to the Giants.

Ok, the West looks even tougher than everyone thought with the Rams looking good. If we want to stay in the West race, we almost have to win the next 4 games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF "The Niners are done....". refers to winning the SB, agree it is unlikely without Bosa plus other injuries. But not going to say we're already out of it just yet. With all the slew of injuries happening at once, yes we could easily lose these next few games. Yes, we could lose even to the Giants.

Ok, the West looks even tougher than everyone thought with the Rams looking good. If we want to stay in the West race, we almost have to win the next 4 games.
A system will only get you so far then you need good players in that system in order to excell. We don't have enough players left at probably the three most critical positions in football

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A system will only get you so far then you need good players in that system in order to excell. We don't have enough players left at probably the three most critical positions in football

Agree, you need enough talented players to win, no matter the system.

Yes, unfortunately we lost some top players even if for 2-3 games (Deebo, Kittle, Sherman, Ford, now Mostert, and JG). We've now lost Bosa for the season and its by far the biggest injury. IMO its bigger than all the rest combined because he's not only the key guy on D, but it's season ending.

NOT giving up on the SB just yet, but clearly its now a TOUGH row to hoe. We can't lose any of the next four games, especially the Rams game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, you need enough talented players to win, no matter the system.

Yes, unfortunately we lost some top players even if for 2-3 games (Deebo, Kittle, Sherman, Ford, now Mostert, and JG). We've now lost Bosa for the season and its by far the biggest injury. IMO its bigger than all the rest combined because he's not only the key guy on D, but it's season ending.

NOT giving up on the SB just yet, but clearly its now a TOUGH row to hoe. We can't lose any of the next four games, especially the Rams game.
Well, I'm not giving up on winning the lottery either, but............