• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers block Donatell from interviewing

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortyniners Defense - TM - 49ers The 49ers have reportedly blocked DBs coach Ed Donatell from interviewing for the Bucs' defensive coordinator vacancy.
New Bucs coach Greg Schiano was blocked from interviewing two offensive coordinator candidates before settling on Giants QBs coach Mike Sullivan, so it's only fitting his search for a defensive coordinator isn't going any smoother. The Broncos DBs coach in 2009-10 before joining the Niners last season, Donatell also has seven years of NFL coordinating experience.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I always thought a team could never block someone from interviewing for a promotion or maybe that's just for a head coaching gig.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can block anyone from interviewing for any other position except NFL head coaching job, not sure about college head coaching job. Not sure why they would allow college football since it's not in the NFL. Each team can, of course, let whoever they like interview with whomever if they like.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if this was just because it's a little later than ideal to be finding replacements? PFT said this was likely a matter of teams giving it back to Tampa, who in recent memory have blocked multiple interview requests. I'm not sure about that.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll most likely get a salary bump from us now.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Didn't the Bucs just hire Butch Davis anyway? I'd imagine he'd play a big role in the defense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this was just because it's a little later than ideal to be finding replacements? PFT said this was likely a matter of teams giving it back to Tampa, who in recent memory have blocked multiple interview requests. I'm not sure about that.

It's because the Bucs have been notorious in the past for blocking their assistants from interviewing with other teams.

Teams are just getting back at them.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Donatell was allowed to interview for the Raiders DC position which is the same position TB was offering so teams giving the proverbial middle finger to TB does make sense.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners may be 'giving it back to Tampa,' but I hope Donatell doesn't take issue with the decision. I can imagine a situation where I would be pissed if was blocked from the chance at a promotion (and pay raise) that moved me closer towards my dream job.