• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers backup long snapper

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somebody last night in the Chargers/Raiders game thread asked me who the 49ers backup LS is. I said I lost track of it after Ulbrich left the team (he was also the team's back-up kicker for a while). I did say that my guess would be an OL and threw out two names - Goodwin or Kilgore. All I'm going to say is, yeah, baby! :)

San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Raiders’ loss prompts question: Who’s behind Brian Jennings?

On KNBR this morning, Jim Harbaugh provided the answer: backup center Daniel Kilgore would handle long-snapping duties if Mr. Durability ever goes down.
---

The 49ers are more prepared than the Raiders were on Monday night, however.

Harbaugh said Kilgore practices snapping every week. After Monday’s game, Lechler said was asked how much Goethel practiced at the position: “Zero,” he said.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after that, EVERY team is going to have their backup long-snapper get reps in every week.

I'd like to nominate myself for the captain obvious award.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody last night in the Chargers/Raiders game thread asked me who the 49ers backup LS is. I said I lost track of it after Ulbrich left the team (he was also the team's back-up kicker for a while). I did say that my guess would be an OL and threw out two names - Goodwin or Kilgore. All I'm going to say is, yeah, baby! :)

San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Raiders’ loss prompts question: Who’s behind Brian Jennings?

On KNBR this morning, Jim Harbaugh provided the answer: backup center Daniel Kilgore would handle long-snapping duties if Mr. Durability ever goes down.
---

The 49ers are more prepared than the Raiders were on Monday night, however.

Harbaugh said Kilgore practices snapping every week. After Monday’s game, Lechler said was asked how much Goethel practiced at the position: “Zero,” he said.

I asked that wonderful question. Thanks for finding that info out Pozz

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis on Alex Smith’s streak of no INTs: ‘Amazing, but it doesn’t surprise me’ | 49ers Hot Read

Lee said he is grateful for the reliable consistency of 49ers long snapper Brian Jennings, who has played in 193 consecutive games. That streak is second in 49ers history to tackle Len Rhode’s 208.

Just in case, though, Lee said backup long snapper Daniel Kilgore gets 4 to 8 snaps per practice.

“All I ask of him is: throw the ball, let me catch it and we’ll do our best,’’ Lee said.