• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4706's Analysis

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobrovsky kept us in the game. He stood on his head an played just as good as Miller. In the end he fucked up just a teeny tiny bit though. Leaves a juicy rebound right open into the slot with the net yawning. That is where the defense comes into play. Get on that guy. He should not be alone in front.

Stop being fancy. We are passing like shit. Trying to thread it between a D man's legs wont fucking work, so stop while you can. Jesus Christ we could have scored if we SHOT instad of pass. When we have a man alone on the point with a puck would you want him to shoot, pass, or wait until a D man blocks his shooting lane? I swear I am NHL all star material.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame this one on the goalie. We outplayed them 80% of the game, and got no goals. Can't happen. CAN'T HAPPEN. 0-5 or 0-6 or 0-8924723479 on the power play. CAN. NOT. HAPPEN.

It doesn't matter who we have in net or on D if we cannot score a single freaking goal. I'm not actually as angry as I think I'm coming off - bad luck happens - but if we don't win game 2 it'll be :lm: time.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't blame this one on the goalie. We outplayed them 80% of the game, and got no goals. Can't happen. CAN'T HAPPEN. 0-5 or 0-6 or 0-8924723479 on the power play. CAN. NOT. HAPPEN.

It doesn't matter who we have in net or on D if we cannot score a single freaking goal. I'm not actually as angry as I think I'm coming off - bad luck happens - but if we don't win game 2 it'll be :lm: time.

Bobrovsky kept us in the game. He stood on his head an played just as good as Miller. In the end he fucked up just a teeny tiny bit though. Leaves a juicy rebound right open into the slot with the net yawning. That is where the defense comes into play. Get on that guy. He should not be alone in front.

Stop being fancy. We are passing like shit. Trying to thread it between a D man's legs wont fucking work, so stop while you can. Jesus Christ we could have scored if we SHOT instad of pass. When we have a man alone on the point with a puck would you want him to shoot, pass, or wait until a D man blocks his shooting lane? I swear I am NHL all star material.

As we learned over 82 regular season games, this team is 100% incapable of winning a 1-0 game. At about the five minute mark of the third period, when it was clear this was going to be a 1-0 game, I knew they lost.

This is what the Flyers risked when they decided to stick with Leighton and Boucher after last season instead of trying to get a legit goalie. Bobrovsky may have only let in one goal, but there were plenty of juicy rebounds all night that the Flyers were good enough to sweep away. That they couldn't save Bob's behind every time doesn't mean it's the defense's fault.

Miller swallowed everything. There were no kick saves sending the puck trickling in front of an open net on the other side of him. Not one.

The Flyers had 35 shots. Not shooting enough wasn't the problem. By the end, they were clearly clutching thier sticks a little tighter and wanted the perfect play, because firing 30 shots from everywhere on Miller wasn't getting the job done. The same goes with the powerplay. With the exception of the last one, they played the power play very well and had a lot of good chances. By the end, they were playing as if they knew dumping it in and getting a point shot would never get them a goal.

Bottom line: Miller was the difference tonight. The Flyers did everything right, but they just don't have the same calliber of goalie. We couldn't have expected anything more of Bob tonight. He's simply not as good as Miller.

The goaltender is at least twice as important as any other player on your team and can single-handedly win games you have no business winning. It's how Montreal beat Washington and Pittsburgh last year, and what may kill the Flyers this year. If the Flyers can solve Miller, they'll win this series walking away. If they can't, then Bobrovsky will never be able to match Miller and the Flyers will lose in the first round. Only time will tell.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two bright spots: Bob and JVR. Buffalo was a lot more physical than the Flyers. They were hitting people in the head and getting away with it. I didn't see the Flyers doing very much of that. They need to get aggressive in front of the net (on both sides of the ice). Need to start screeing Miller and also clearing out the porch in front of Bob. The PP is pathetic. They had a lot of pp's and even a 5-3 and couldn't get it done. If they don't get that corrected soon then this will be a short playoffs for them. I hope Pronger comes back soon...and healthy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Giroux curls into the slot and passes...in any case they should have had at least one goal very unlucky tonight. I'm just glad they had a lot of looks something will eventually go in. Reminds of the B's series last year felt like they played ok but down 3-0...good thing its only 1-0!

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't blame Bob for that one -- that is ALL on Syvret.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My analysis:

Agree the team has been trying to be too fancy. Need to get the dirty goals. Im sure it will be addressed at practice today. More bodies in front of the net, only way youre going to beat a goalie like Miller. Thought we outplayed them most of the game. Im not worried. Cant lose game 2. Bob played well. I would like to see Z in the lineup game 2. Main concern is the power play. Cannot go "Oh" for again when we get that many opportunities.