• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40-yr-old Pacquiao takes Thurman's title by split decision

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did it seem like a legit decision?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what is funny.
Back in the day When Mayfield fought his last real fight against Andre Berto. Since it felt hand picked.
I thought if he was gonna fight a real talent back then to go out on top legacy & all that.
It should have been against Kell Brook who at the time was still undefeated. I also knew there was no way he would do that. kell Brook has too much talent for Mayfield to risk in his last fight. But it would have made a helluva statement.
Then I said.
If he wanted to go out on top & undefeated looking like a bad ass. He should have went after Thurman. Thurman was undefeated & a feared puncher. Styles Mayfield was avoiding. Except Thurman has a ton of flaws & Mayfield would have been way to slick to walk into a Thurman punch that changed that fight.
I felt Mayfield could have won 12 out of 12 rounds against Thurman. I have always saw major flaws in Thurman's game. I mean the ghost late in a fight against Thurman was actually coming back against him. Whose career if honest was pretty much over at that time.

I am surprised Pac-Man at his stage in his career, won as decisive as you say, but just from the performances he has recently been seen in. I am actually happy that it was Pac-man to bring to light the flaws of Thurman. Even though full disclosure. I havent seen the fight yet.

Mayfield missed out on a golden opportunity.
But he is who he is.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what is funny.
Back in the day When Mayfield fought his last real fight against Andre Berto. Since it felt hand picked.
I thought if he was gonna fight a real talent back then to go out on top legacy & all that.
It should have been against Kell Brook who at the time was still undefeated. I also knew there was no way he would do that. kell Brook has too much talent for Mayfield to risk in his last fight. But it would have made a helluva statement.
Then I said.
If he wanted to go out on top & undefeated looking like a bad ass. He should have went after Thurman. Thurman was undefeated & a feared puncher. Styles Mayfield was avoiding. Except Thurman has a ton of flaws & Mayfield would have been way to slick to walk into a Thurman punch that changed that fight.
I felt Mayfield could have won 12 out of 12 rounds against Thurman. I have always saw major flaws in Thurman's game. I mean the ghost late in a fight against Thurman was actually coming back against him. Whose career if honest was pretty much over at that time.

I am surprised Pac-Man at his stage in his career, won as decisive as you say, but just from the performances he has recently been seen in. I am actually happy that it was Pac-man to bring to light the flaws of Thurman. Even though full disclosure. I havent seen the fight yet.

Mayfield missed out on a golden opportunity.
But he is who he is

Thats how I feel about Luis Ortiz he had a chance to fight Anthony Joshua but since Joshuas camp low balled him an offer he didnt want to take it. I am like bro you should have looked at the opportunity if he would have beaten the champ Ortiz would be the champ right now and this would set up his name for big time fights and money. The mexican dude that beat Joshua said since he is the champ and the A side for a rematch his payday starts at 50 million.