• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 years of greatness from Pete Carroll and company

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting back and looking at what has transpired here in the Northwest is so amazing. The Hawks, a 4 and 5 win team who were at the salary cap, one of the older teams in the NFL and low on talent hired a college and former NFL Coach. Many thought a large rebuild was needed and they thought right. The thing is how many thought that with in 2 years so much would change. The Hawks Finished off the 2011 season going 5-3 but had they had a competent QB things would have been much different, still you could see the change all ready and the improved, MUCH improved play as one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NFL.

This team only needed a QB and actively went out and got Flynn to compete with TJ then Drafted Wilson. As much as i liked Holmgren he wouldn't have did that or maybe it's better to say that Holmgren/TR wouldn't have did that. They would have used more band-aids by picking up old used up players that were onces great hoping to limp through. they looked at it like " anything can happen if you just get in".

As Hawk fans we saw the 49ers talent level continue to grow but failing to produce and then they bring in Harbaugh and they hit pay dirt his first year. He gets those under achievers to finally play to the talent level. Harbaugh wanted to build his team into the mirror image of what the Hawks were doing but unlike the Hawks with PC/JS they have regressed each and every year under his lead in win totals and talent all though they did make it farther along in their playoff run the second year, but you could see the regression of this team.

2012 Saw the hawks strike gold with Wilson and this team that Pete Carroll and company built and in no time flat was all ready better than the 49ers but the youth costed them a few games. Growing pains as all young players have and the Hawks were loaded with young players so the growing pains were many.

Heading to the end of the 2013 season this team is 10-1 with a 3 and a half game lead on those not so powerful 49ers and are not looking back. They are the Alpha male of this division and the one that has had the bulls-eye on their chest all season long and get the best from every team they play every week. Yet they continue to win. on the road at 10am? no problem any more minus one miss step in Indy.

Pete and JS did it the right way. They inherited one of the oldest and least talented team in the NFL and made it one of the youngest and most talented and we got to see it first hand. As Hawk fans we truly got to see some of the best coaching and rebuilding to EVER grace a football field and i for one am enjoying the ride.

4 years of greatness with no end in sight. Win or lose there is no doubt that this is not the same old Seahawks and we may never see them again in our life time. Change has came and has made a home in the most beautiful city in the lower 48. The best home field advantage and the loudest fans on the planet have reason to cheer once again.

GO SEAHAWKS.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete has proven he has and eye for talent… It's been amazing how quickly the rebuild process happened and it's no doubt partly because we found one helluva quarterback… BUT as far as greatness… that's yet to be determined.. It's been a great rebuild process…GREAT eye for talent and a helluva start… BUT greatness is doing it better than it's ever been done… That's yet to be determined …. WE KNOW what that means so let's finish the journey and then talk about that!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete has proven he has and eye for talent… It's been amazing how quickly the rebuild process happened and it's no doubt partly because we found one helluva quarterback… BUT as far as greatness… that's yet to be determined.. It's been a great rebuild process…GREAT eye for talent and a helluva start… BUT greatness is doing it better than it's ever been done… That's yet to be determined …. WE KNOW what that means so let's finish the journey and then talk about that!

Dont forget our GM John Schnieder he was the one that actually wanted to draft russell wilson I dont believe Pete was skeptical about drafting him

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to win a Superbowl to be considered great, maybe even 2 or 3.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget our GM John Schnieder he was the one that actually wanted to draft russell wilson I dont believe Pete was skeptical about drafting him

I read somewhere that PC wanted to draft Wilson in the 2nd round because they were both very high on him. JS pointed out that we had a bigger need at LB (because we already had Flynn at that time) and drafted Wagner instead. Luckily though Wilson was still around in the 3rd

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll is a complete coach. He gets his team prepared to play every week, and he can bring in the right personnel to fit his unique schemes in a way that allows them to flourish. He found Browner in the Canadian football league, he brought back Mike Williams and resurrected his career, drafted DE Sweezy late in the draft and converted him into a servicable starting OL (although he needs to be replaced). There are plenty of examples of PC's crazy as a fox success.

His counterparts in SF have not have been flawed. Singletary had a great team but he was a literal retard. Literally retarded. It was fun to watch his teams completely blow up on an almost weekly basis. All ownership had to do was replace him (with damn near anyone) and the team finally lived up to expectations. Harbaugh though is flawed in his own ways. He inherited a GREAT team and has watched it slowly decay to the point where it is at right now. He sped the process along quite nicely too when he got rid of the QB that led the team to all of its success for a flash-in-the-pan read option guy. Don't get me wrong though, I still think harbaugh is a good coach, but he lacks the vision that the truly great coaches have. He is much too near-sided.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you all think i am talking about greatness from the team but i am talking about what this Coaching staff and front office did and that IS greatness. They took a old broken down team with little to no talent and turned them into one of the best in the NFL in less than 4 years. THAT is GREATNESS on their part. Now the players have to write the ending chapter to the story.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you all think i am talking about greatness from the team but i am talking about what this Coaching staff and front office did and that IS greatness. They took a old broken down team with little to no talent and turned them into one of the best in the NFL in less than 4 years. THAT is GREATNESS on their part. Now the players have to write the ending chapter to the story.

and that is why I am so glad William Cornell is doing the RCR series. Documenting the building of a Dynasty and all the parts that make it happen from Allen/PC/JS, to the talent evaluators, coaching staff, and of course the players executing on the field. What a turnaround and the team was competitive the entire time. No 1-15 seasons to grab a top pick. It is very much like Moneyball. They found a formula for success that takes advantage of the inefficiencies in the market. They built a team that is opposite to the majority of the teams out there now, and not only is it opposite, but is also a proven model for success in this league. Tough defense, run the ball, and take shots.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All above is so true and watching unfold has been amazing.

What's funny is how they Carroll and JS were laughed at for the draft picks by every commentator and analyst and as the 12th man we were bashed every step of the way as well,by game five or so last year i know many of us that posted at ESPN were saying "This is it!" i know i made a post saying that and stating we have to go out and grab some FA people and go for it,and they did with Avril and Bennett and lastly Harvin.

With RW at qb this team can build even more around him,with LOB etc we may see at least one or two players that we all like go due to future signings but that is just how damn good this team is and how much depth this team has,we have second string guys that could start for many teams,but make no mistake this team was built through the draft and Schnieder and Pete are not done yet imo.

Christian Michael while unproven has the look of a top 5 RB as he matures imo,along with Harvin RW has guys he will know for many years,this team is built for many playoff runs for a few years.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are headed there,now our Hawks have to take it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching/management staff has been an A++ on all fronts.

Schneider, just a front office genius. Smart signings, smart cap moves (a lot of the releases and clean up was on him).

Carroll, philosophy genius. Get bigger/faster/meaner. Everyone thought Seattle was dumb when they drafted a bunch of 6'3"+ corners and larger/faster players. Seattle's secondary at this point is hands down best in NFL history. I was not going to say it last year, but this year has solidified it. No secondary in the NFL has been more dominant (and I'm not talking individual players, unit as a whole). No other unit had a nickname that actually stuck on away games.

Cable took our run game back to 05 days. If you recall there were a few dark years 06 on where Seattle was one of the worst rushing teams in the NFL. Our line has been a little shaky in pass protection (injuries granted) but man does Cable know how to coach the run.

Ken Norton Jr. Incredible job with the linebacker corp and he solidified his presence with his work on transitioning Bruce Irvin. All linebackers we've drafted during the Schneider/Carroll tenure have been amazing and I credit that to Norton and drafting to his style of solid bend don't break LBer playability and gap control. Got a little out of hand for a small stretch this year, but was quickly re-kindled.

I dunno who our special teams coach is but DAYUM.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh no doubt.... John is a gr8 GM...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that PC wanted to draft Wilson in the 2nd round because they were both very high on him. JS pointed out that we had a bigger need at LB (because we already had Flynn at that time) and drafted Wagner instead. Luckily though Wilson was still around in the 3rd

I believe it was the other way around. JS wanted Russell in the second and Pete talked him into waiting until the third.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This entire front office should be up for yearly awards for the next 5-8yrs. They've all done an incredible job in such a short period of time. The window is stuck open for this franchise for many years to come.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get 2 SB's in this period of free agency, then I would call it greatness.

And the other big obstacle is the obvious one: the wear and tear of playing football (i.e., injuries), especially when you make deep postseason runs. You really have to marvel at some of the runs previous dynasties made.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with almost everyone on there comments on this thread but I must say a couple things. First is no disrespect to wolverine but it was the other way around when it came to drafting RW. John wanted RW in the second very badly but Pete and the rest of the Seahawks drafting team promised him he would be there in the 3rd. I like everyone else cannot express enough respect for the Seahawk front office and the decisions they have made, however there is still one thing the Front office hasn't done yet witch will show us truly how successful we will be in years to come and that will be the Salary cap and how much they will pay for all these great players we have drafted once there rookie contracts are up. So far I must admit I think they have done a good job since JS and PC have been aboard, but the next couple years is going to be huge as a lot of guys contracts come up and those decisions will decide a lot of our franchises future.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It will certainly be interesting to see the path of this team. We have the highest payroll already and a bunch of guys still on rookie contracts. Some vets will go, which will help, but others may also have to go at some point. I think Lynch and Browner see the writing on the wall as much as that pains me to say. Rice probably not back. I am guessing PC/JS treat this much more like college than the pro teams of the past. Keep finding young cheap talent and keep putting them in positions to succeed. Let the older guys show they are worth a payday and let other teams pay for it. A few will stay as core players, but it will be more of a revolving door than we have been used to in the past few decades.