• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Washington Wizards vs 5) Atlanta Hawks

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fired Ferry over some BS...yeah something he should not have said, but not a fireable offense. The roster has gone downhill ever since.

Coach Bud got into some emotional stuff with players and as a GM you can't do that.

The problem with the Hawks is they just don't want to be bad and build up...so they keep putting bandaids (Bazemore, Howard) on the problem when they need a gut job. They're going to overpay Milsap once he opts out, and keep missing out on the true star players when FA comes around.

IMO the best thing that could happen to the Hawks...Milsap sign somewhere else, get rid of Howard and start over.

Baze may fit the OFC better, but he's just not a good enough wing player to build around...he's a 6th/7th man on a good team.

They only need to re-build because they've fucked up every move since Ferry was fired. Horford should still be on the team and with the chips he'd accumulated they had an opportunity to put the finishing touches on a true contender.

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome Celtics. #Ryan McDonough

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only need to re-build because they've fucked up every move since Ferry was fired. Horford should still be on the team and with the chips he'd accumulated they had an opportunity to put the finishing touches on a true contender.

Agree on Al...they wanted him back, but didn't want to max him out...he got pissed and walked for less money...they are already paying too many role players like stars but that's a by-product of the NBA cap...gotta give it to somebody.

Swap Carroll and Horford for Bazemore and Howard, maybe they get out of the 1st rd, but until they can land a legit star player they are not getting out of the east as long as Lebron is playing in the east.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Al...they wanted him back, but didn't want to max him out...he got pissed and walked for less money...they are already paying too many role players like stars but that's a by-product of the NBA cap...gotta give it to somebody.

Swap Carroll and Horford for Bazemore and Howard, maybe they get out of the 1st rd, but until they can land a legit star player they are not getting out of the east as long as Lebron is playing in the east.

They could have signed Horford and still had lots of room for other moves.
They have an extra pick in the low 30s this year, but nobody to evaluate and negotiate.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have signed Horford and still had lots of room for other moves.
They have an extra pick in the low 30s this year, but nobody to evaluate and negotiate.

IDK the NBA cap that well and haven't researched so I trust that you do or have...bottom line, they didn't want to give Al the extra yr that only they could so he said bye bye. The fact that even entertained LAL was enough for me to say he's not coming back.

True.

Until they get a real GM they are doomed for what they are....kind of sad imo, because I actually think coach Bud is a pretty good coach.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK the NBA cap that well and haven't researched so I trust that you do or have...bottom line, they didn't want to give Al the extra yr that only they could so he said bye bye. The fact that even entertained LAL was enough for me to say he's not coming back.

True.

Until they get a real GM they are doomed for what they are....kind of sad imo, because I actually think coach Bud is a pretty good coach.

Budenzolzer can coach when he has the right players for his offense.
They have the 19th and 33rd pick this year, but they've wasted every pick since Ferry was fired.