• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(4) Nashville Predators vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings Series Thread

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very fearful this was going to be the result of this series, Nashville showed up and played very good hockey.

Congrats Nashville, I'm now hoping you guy go the distance....go get them boys, make the Central proud.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Winter Classic brings him back!

Woule Katóz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Preds on the win tonight. lol @ hockey in Tennessee!

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
condolences to Wingies.
hope we don't join you too soon.

was this it for Lidstrom?

Sharks are next then Canucks...Wings are just hipsters, knocked out of the 1st round before it was cool!

seriously though, condolences to Wings fans, you guys are a classy bunch and i know expected a better result.

i will probably root for Nashville now cause LA, ST Louis and Phx can all suck a fat one!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville is a fun team to watch. I'm very impressed with them so far. Condolences Wings fans...thanks for taking the "first team eliminated" bullet.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit... now what I wanted. What are you going to do though, we can't win it every year. Hopefully Holland finds a way to reload this summer and beef up the D. Kronwall, Quincey, and Ericsson all need someone to hold their hand while on the ice.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville is a fun team to watch. I'm very impressed with them so far. Condolences Wings fans...thanks for taking the "first team eliminated" bullet.

They can be a fun team to watch when they don`t sit back and let Rinne bail them out for 60 minutes. Tonight was probably their best game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can be a fun team to watch when they don`t sit back and let Rinne bail them out for 60 minutes. Tonight was probably their best game.

True, but their team D was spectacular. Collapsed on the net. And Gill's not even back in for them yet. What's impressive is that their payroll is just under $4million above the salary FLOOR. That's insane.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Preds & their fans.

Sorry Wings fans. Bad matchup for you guys all along...

Us Sharks fans will join you tomorrow in mourning bad 1st round losses.

Hope this wasn't it for Lidstrom!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I know they limped in, didn't quite realize it was this bad though:

DET won just 8 of final 27 games and only 6 in regulation. Of those 6, 2 vs CBJ & one each vs MIN & CAR.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they limped in, didn't quite realize it was this bad though:

DET won just 8 of final 27 games and only 6 in regulation. Of those 6, 2 vs CBJ & one each vs MIN & CAR.

After the home winning streak ended, they played like dog shit.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Nashville. They were the better team. I already miss the Red Wings being out of the chase. Lots of changes coming in the off season. Maybe the loss of one of the greatest Defensemen ever. Good Luck to Nashville (your a hard team to hate).

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Congrats to the Preds. Had a feeling it was more your time, thus the pool goalie switch to Rinne from Howard.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be looking at the loss of Stuart and Lidstrom this offseason... that leaves us pretty thin.

White-Kronwall
Quincey-Ericsson
Kindl-UFA/Smith

I'm sure Holland wants to "season" Smith a little longer, but he looks like a long term fixture on D. We need help NOW though. Not a ton out on there on the UFA list, either... pretty much Suter, Wideman, then it drops off hard. I would like to see Holland gun for Suter (I know, I've been talking about it for... two years now?) and Jason Garrison out of FLA. That would beef things up significantly.

I think this year with Lidstrom really getting his ice time cut, it's taking a toll on the other defensemen. White can't really hold is own on a first pairing, he needs an ice time horse next to him. Lidstrom is not that anymore. Kronwall and Stuart are a second pairing, not a 1A pairing, that was too much pressure. I still don't know what to think about Ericsson. I know certain factions get mad when people rip on him, I guess my big problem with him is the contract. Holland once said "I don't pay stay at home defensemen more than a million a year, you need to be a puck moving, offensive guy to earn that money. Defensive defensemen are all over the place, there's no reason to give them much more than a mill (paraphrasing)". So what the hell is Ericsson? He's making over three a year, but he seems to have a 15 point ceiling in the NHL. I suppose you could argue he will break out given the chance, but I sure don't see it. He doesn't have the greatest shot, he doesn't have good passing vision, and he makes a ton of mistakes in his own zone. I know this would confuse him to know end, but I would rather see him moved up front.

Anyways, done with the tangent, if Holland can't land Suter we need to trade for a defenseman. Only problem is there aren't many teams willing to part with a top pairing defenseman... bastards.