• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 Iowa @ Nebraska

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini is a better game manager as a HC then what we have now! Reily may not be an asshat on the sidelines or at pressers but he's an asshat managing the game.
You are joking right? Do you really think Riley was calling interceptions? We had 4 interceptions and if two of them had been completed Riley would of been a hero.

How many blowouts did we have this year? How many did your game planner have every fucking single freaking year?

Puleez!

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt Nebraska will be back soon. There is a lot of talent on your team. Find a QB.

It will take more then a QB at Nebraska. A new Chancellor, a new AD, an a new HC.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are joking right? Do you really think Riley was calling interceptions? We had 4 interceptions and if two of them had been completed Riley would of been a hero.

How many blowouts did we have this year? How many did your game planner have every fucking single freaking year?

Puleez!

I'm not talking about play calling. I'm talking about the decisions Riley has made during the game on crucial situations. I've seen enough this season to know he's in over his head that why he's a .500 ball coach.

For the play calling OC DL has been a horrible play caller, he's put TA in those situations. Tim Beck was also a lousy play caller IMO as well.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gutted would be an under reaction

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't read this thread during the game because I know what kind of fans come out during games we struggle in. Not going to read it now because there won't be anything new.
My take today? There wasn't anything surprising out there today. Tommy Armstrong is what he is. Enough to give you hope but not enough to trust. Not bad mouthing him, he's a great competitor and a faithful Husker. Wish him the best and thank him for what he has done this year.
But what we saw tonight is what we saw all year and you just can't do that against quality competition. Not blaming it on the staff, not blaming the players who have taken great strides this year.
Iowa is a mature team with a coach who stresses fundamentals. To beat them you have to have the same and right now we don't. But they competed. To that I give them kudos

Bottom line? It' a transitional year. Hopefully next year is better, if not Obrien should be ready after that.
Tough season but as always, Go Big Red!!!

That 4th and one fade pass was a dandy, wasn't it? We had two plays to get one yard and West Coast Riley doesn't have the smarts to realize that he needed to overrule West Coast Langsdork and either try a QB sneak, or another "smart" type of running play in that situation. A fullback run or am Imani Cross dive play with our fullback blocking up front would have been a good choice, but not for West Coast Riley I guess.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Puleez!

Nebraska wasn't overwhelming, so play calling and better in game coaching decisions were even more vital. Remember the Illinois game? What a nice giveaway by West Coast Riley!

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Puleez!

There's something to be said for this.

Cliffs notes on our reactions?

IMO 100% on Tommy Fourpicks

And this.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 4th and one fade pass was a dandy, wasn't it? We had two plays to get one yard and West Coast Riley doesn't have the smarts to realize that he needed to overrule West Coast Langsdork and either try a QB sneak, or another "smart" type of running play in that situation. A fullback run or am Imani Cross dive play with our fullback blocking up front would have been a good choice, but not for West Coast Riley I guess.

I'm not arguing with you on that one call. But we both know if it had worked he would of been a hero.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line is this----
Mike Riley and staff is an odd fit for the Husker way of football is all
its like we invited a vegetarian to a beef eatin contest --I know it makes no since

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not arguing with you on that one call. But we both know if it had worked he would of been a hero.

If we had a QB who could be trusted, that still would have been a terrible play call. West Coast Riley blew that opportunity. TA needed to be reined in with the options given to him long ago. No long bombs called on a 20 MPH windy day, for example. No fade passes called in ultra critical situations either like a 4th and one play.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bottom line is this----
Mike Riley and staff is an odd fit for the Husker way of football is all
its like we invited a vegetarian to a beef eatin contest --I know it makes no since

Any coach that would call a fade pass on a 4th and one extremely critical play is an odd fit for ANY team.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any coach that would call a fade pass on a 4th and one extremely critical play is an odd fit for ANY team.
but but but its a west coast offence --its the way it is on the west coaaaaast !!
and it werked for the Niners back in 1990's
LMFAO !!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
59 - 24
70 - 31
41 - 24
41 - 28
38 - 17
63 - 38

28 - 20? Gutted?
Oh how soon we forget.

55-45 against a one win powerhouse, and a losing season this year? I certainly would like to be able to wish this debacle of a season away. At least in 2007 for example, Callahan didn't GIFT games away like West Coast has.