• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4/27 GDT Tribe @ Tron

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the good news is the Giants won, and the Dodgers lost.

The bad news is - hell, after that, there is no bad news!!!

hF31E8C8E

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants Heart of Champions walkoff this way to a SWEEP over Cleveland 4-1

Don't ever question the heart of Champions but some have questioned the pitching of Ryan Vogelsong for a while now. Today he answered the critics with a brilliant performance going 7 innings , zero ER,on only 2 hits,and striking out 6 batters. Vogelsong did not get the win but he did lead his team into the late innings so a kid named Brandon Hicks with a big heart who has traveled around could step up on Little League day at the yard and deliver a walkoff 3 run HR to send all young and older hearts everywhere home happy as the Giants won 4-1 sweeping the Cleveland Indians.

Sandoval and Crawford had back to back doubles in the 4th inning to stake Vogelsong to a 1-0 lead but in the 8th Cleveland's Y Gomes hit a solo shot into the stands off Casilla to tie up a exciting well pitched ballgame 1-1. Romo who ended up with the win came in and dominated the top of the 9th inning and left confident bouncing off the mound .

In the bottom of the 9th it was Mr. Reliable ...Buster Posey who led off with a solid single to center. After a great bunt by Blanco , Sandoval struck out , and Crawford was walked intentionally . Up to the plate walked Hicks and promptly hit a high towering blow deep into that late afternoon sunny sky which finally landed in the left field stands where the crowd went nutz. It was a walkoff 3 run HR that Little League players dream about and today it came true for a Big League player at AT&T Park in front of a sold out crowd just dreaming the dream along side of him as Hicks rounded the bases home where you always feel safe.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::yahoo::thrasher::pizza::kk:

SWEEP !

on youtube...

Walk this way - Aerosmith - Live 1977

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogelsong told me to shut the hell up today, and I'm pleased about it.

I hope I'm wrong that he's 'done', we'll find out as the year goes on.

Belt is lost, needs to move back to 7th in the order for a bit.

Marty Lurie on the radio said it should look like this (I tend to agree):

Pagan
Crawford
Pence
Posey
Morse
Panda
Belt
Hicks

Great game, tzill approved all the way. Good pitching, good defense, timely hitting. Too bad Vogey doesn't get the win, but it shows once again how little wins matter when deciding if your pitcher is any good.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vogelsong told me to shut the hell up today, and I'm pleased about it.

I hope I'm wrong that he's 'done', we'll find out as the year goes on.

Belt is lost, needs to move back to 7th in the order for a bit.

Marty Lurie on the radio said it should look like this (I tend to agree):

Pagan
Crawford
Pence
Posey
Morse
Panda
Belt
Hicks

Great game, tzill approved all the way. Good pitching, good defense, timely hitting. Too bad Vogey doesn't get the win, but it shows once again how little wins matter when deciding if your pitcher is any good.

Maybe rest him for a day or so...but leave him in the third spot. Let him see that a slump won't cost him..

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB definitely could use a break. Is it a lefty pitcher?

Today @SD - Bum vs Ross (R)
Tues @ SD - Cain vs Stults (L)
Wed @SD - Hudson vs Erlin (L)
Thur - off

So maybe after today's game?