• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/26 Cleveland @ San Francisco Rocks

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cat-milk-ninja.gif

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants win 5-3 and go for sweep Sunday

It was not Tim Lincecum's day on the mound but his teammates picked him up scoring 4 runs in the 4th and 1 run in the 5th for a nice comeback victory 5-3 over Cleveland.

The Giants trailed 3-0 in the 4th when Blanco stepped to the plate in a major funk but singled to right through the infield to start a rally that ended up winning the ballgame. Pagan added a sac fly and Pence had the big hit with a two run single to right. Posey jumped on a hanger in the 5th inning for a solo shot and the entire bullpen came through with aces.

It was a team win once again for the Band of Brothers and they look ready to rock out for more. Sunday it's Vogelsong who is searching for a big start and I am sure his teammates will be right behind him going into battle at AT&T .

The word for Sunday is sweep and all Giants fans hope they can sweep the legs out from under Cleveland and go 15-10 on the year. Should be a fun day at the yard. Now SWEEP the legs !

:clap::rockon::rockon::thrasher::kk:

Go Giants !!

:suds:

on youtube...

Sweep the Leg - Music Video

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to the game with my family and parents tomorrow...I'm a bit worried, always hard to sweep, especially with your worst pitcher on the mound.

No need to worry my son...General Vogelsong is up to the task. Ya Gotta' Believe !

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to worry my son...General Vogelsong is up to the task. Ya Gotta' Believe !

LOL...maybe so. I love your always-half-full attitude, but you do realize Vogelsong is totally done as a pitcher, right? I just hope he can keep it together long enough for one of our guys in the minors to step up.

And unlike tzill I'd be fine with a 9-7 win

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...maybe so. I love your always-half-full attitude, but you do realize Vogelsong is totally done as a pitcher, right? I just hope he can keep it together long enough for one of our guys in the minors to step up.

And unlike tzill I'd be fine with a 9-7 win

I know a lot of people think this Together we're Giants stuff can be corny but I truly believe if you can bring people together for a common goal great things can happen. It's a family type thing and I taught that when I coached. Positive thoughts have been known to help the human body and mind. It can be difficult sometimes but in the long run half full is always better than half empty. 2010 & 2012 Happened and it's in the books . No one will ever take it away from San Francisco and the players. Memories and positive experiences go with you forever.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people think this Together we're Giants stuff can be corny but I truly believe if you can bring people together for a common goal great things can happen. It's a family type thing and I taught that when I coached. Positive thoughts have been known to help the human body and mind. It can be difficult sometimes but in the long run half full is always better than half empty. 2010 & 2012 Happened and it's in the books . No one will ever take it away from San Francisco and the players. Memories and positive experiences go with you forever.

I hear you, and agree to some extent. A roaring crowd definitely can help the team...and a city that's positive and doesn't tear into the players every day on talk radio and the internet, where the players who are human beings can see it....that can have a positive effect. I think places like SF, or say St Louis, where the fans are really behind their teams and not aggro and overentitled like Yankees fans or just mean like Phillies fans...those can have a slight helpful effect.

But good vibes or no, Vogelsong is flat out done.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, and agree to some extent. A roaring crowd definitely can help the team...and a city that's positive and doesn't tear into the players every day on talk radio and the internet, where the players who are human beings can see it....that can have a positive effect. I think places like SF, or say St Louis, where the fans are really behind their teams and not aggro and overentitled like Yankees fans or just mean like Phillies fans...those can have a slight helpful effect.

But good vibes or no, Vogelsong is flat out done.

After what these guys did in 2010 & 2014 you can't give up on them especially Vogelsong who has the heart of a Champion. I say he has something left and will contribute all year to the common goal of the team. It's still too early to say he is done. Some guys peak later in the year.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what these guys did in 2010 & 2014 you can't give up on them especially Vogelsong who has the heart of a Champion. I say he has something left and will contribute all year to the common goal of the team. It's still too early to say he is done. Some guys peak later in the year.

I'm not 'giving up' on him, just expressing my opinion that he's reached the end of his road. Love the guy, love how he helped us in 2012. But even Willie Mays ended up playing when he just sucked. Most players do. Vogelsong is at that point. I might be wrong, but I'm not being personal or giving up on anyone. Just observing.

Timmy and Cain the jury is still out. Cain can probably get to 3rd starter level again. Timmy maybe can, or he might be done too. It's how sports work. Every player gets to the end of the line one way or another.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, all I said was I'm not that confident in our chances tomorrow with our worst pitcher starting. That's a plain fact, he's the worst of the 5. If he's not, tell me which one is. And you can't say 'none of them are!' because that's just silly.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, all I said was I'm not that confident in our chances tomorrow with our worst pitcher starting. That's a plain fact, he's the worst of the 5. If he's not, tell me which one is. And you can't say 'none of them are!' because that's just silly.

Vogelsong is an angry old man. That heart is all yelling at young kids (Juan Perez, Madison Bumgarner) to get off his lawn.

All jokes aside while I love Vogelsong for what he did during that two year stretch, he is at the end. Occasionally he will run into "good" starts where he gives us 6 innings and maybe two runs. The rest will be 4+ runs and 5 innings. He showed signs of being done last year, he is done now

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not Tim Lincecum's day on the mound but his teammates picked him up scoring 4 runs in the 4th and 1 run in the 5th for a nice comeback victory 5-3 over Cleveland.

The Giants trailed 3-0 in the 4th when Blanco stepped to the plate in a major funk but singled to right through the infield to start a rally that ended up winning the ballgame. Pagan added a sac fly and Pence had the big hit with a two run single to right. Posey jumped on a hanger in the 5th inning for a solo shot and the entire bullpen came through with aces.

It was a team win once again for the Band of Brothers and they look ready to rock out for more. Sunday it's Vogelsong who is searching for a big start and I am sure his teammates will be right behind him going into battle at AT&T .

The word for Sunday is sweep and all Giants fans hope they can sweep the legs out from under Cleveland and go 15-10 on the year. Should be a fun day at the yard. Now SWEEP the legs !

:clap::rockon::rockon::thrasher::kk:

Go Giants !!

:suds:

on youtube...

Sweep the Leg - Music Video

Correction....Posey hit his solo shot in the 6th inning not the 5th inning.