• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/18 Tax Day Snakes @ PV

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it all started with a four run lead and letting Peavy begin the 6th inning.....

3rd time through the lineup, just can't do it, regardless of pitches. Boch even acknowledged this in the offseason. Hopefully this serves as a reminder.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to get rid of Peavy. Bring back Lincecum

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

With our bully hurting, and Peavy effective the first two times through a lineup, why not have him do long relief? He's averaging less than 5 innings per start and an ERA of 9.
I wonder if Heston goes down to Sacramento to get stretched out as a starter and the FO gives Peavy another couple of starts to see if he can go deeper. If he cannot, they call Heston back up, put him in the 5th spot and move Peavy to long relief.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Heston goes down to Sacramento to get stretched out as a starter and the FO gives Peavy another couple of starts to see if he can go deeper. If he cannot, they call Heston back up, put him in the 5th spot and move Peavy to long relief.
I am there with Peavy. You are not even a 5 if you cant be trusted to go into the 6th with only 73 pitches on your arm. That is a text book definition of a long reliever.

I am less concerned with Heston. He has been a starter hos entire career, and has been pitching from the pen for the first time this year. He has not done well, granted, but most of his innings have been in Colorado, so I am willing to ignore those numbers.

Swap Heston and Peavy, and let Stratton and Blackburn know that they need to be getting ready (mainly to take Peavy's spot in the pen).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am there with Peavy. You are not even a 5 if you cant be trusted to go into the 6th with only 73 pitches on your arm. That is a text book definition of a long reliever.

I am less concerned with Heston. He has been a starter hos entire career, and has been pitching from the pen for the first time this year. He has not done well, granted, but most of his innings have been in Colorado, so I am willing to ignore those numbers.

Swap Heston and Peavy, and let Stratton and Blackburn know that they need to be getting ready (mainly to take Peavy's spot in the pen).
In my scenario, I was counting on the FO to not want to move away from the veteran that fast. I would think it would take 2 to 3 more starts like this before they moved him to the bullpen. By that time, it will have been over 8 months since Heston would have started a game that meant anything. I would think that they would want him to get comfortable doing it in the minor leagues first.

As for his backups, I would hope Stratton wouldn't be next in line. He looks awful so far in Sacramento. However, he looked awful in Richmond last year, got promoted anyway and did better in the hitter friendly PCL than in the pitcher friendly EL.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my scenario, I was counting on the FO to not want to move away from the veteran that fast. I would think it would take 2 to 3 more starts like this before they moved him to the bullpen. By that time, it will have been over 8 months since Heston would have started a game that meant anything. I would think that they would want him to get comfortable doing it in the minor leagues first.

As for his backups, I would hope Stratton wouldn't be next in line. He looks awful so far in Sacramento. However, he looked awful in Richmond last year, got promoted anyway and did better in the hitter friendly PCL than in the pitcher friendly EL.
Looks like that may be the plan. Heston was just sent down. My guess is so that he can get some starts and lengthen himself out.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like that may be the plan. Heston was just sent down. My guess is so that he can get some starts and lengthen himself out.
Interesting. I didn't think it would happen this fast. The clock is officially ticking on Peavy.

I wonder who Heston will bump from the rotation in Sacramento.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I didn't think it would happen this fast. The clock is officially ticking on Peavy.

I wonder who Heston will bump from the rotation in Sacramento.
They either go to a 6-man or they bump Lujan or Romero (they have no chance of making it to SF).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They either go to a 6-man or they bump Lujan or Romero (they have no chance of making it to SF).
Looks like Ricky Romero just went on the dl in Sac (not sure what the injury is). Austin Fleet was activated but he looks to stay in the bullpen. That definitely opens a spot in the rotation for Heston, unless they also bring up a starter from AA (or also move Mazzaro into the rotation).