• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

357 grams of pot, $190,000 of cash and a gun not as bad as deflating footballs

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with weed, cash or guns. Deflated footballs, on the other hand, are reprehensible!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples to Oranges.

To say "not as bad" is off base. One is and should be punishable through the legal system and one is not. Doing Heroin on a Friday night is "worse" than taking steroids, but taking steroids has a bigger impact on what the NFL should be concerned with.

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any thread even referring to "deflating footballs" should be banned from the internet.

tumblr_lt524puWn21qdlkgg.gif

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are Brady apologists now admitting that he actually {gasp} cheated and broke the rules?

The comparison is nonsense but blame Goodell if you must.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooring! :rolleyes:

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different types of offenses. Tom Brady's suspension is a result of screwing with the integrity of the game and basically telling Goodell to F-off. Integrity of the Game violations need to be dealt with harshly because once the NFL loses that it's done. Guion's suspension (Which I doubt will be appealed, it's black and white) is a legal one and is being punished fairly based on precedent. Plus, Guion can't exactly say - it wasn't his or he wasn't there.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflating footballs directly affects the game and is not a crime in a court, drugs and guns are a crime for the court to handle and does not have a direct affect on the game.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples to Oranges.

To say "not as bad" is off base. One is and should be punishable through the legal system and one is not. Doing Heroin on a Friday night is "worse" than taking steroids, but taking steroids has a bigger impact on what the NFL should be concerned with.

I just don't understand how people don't get this.

Have some MLB players done far worse things in life than Pete Rose? Of course. Are they all serving lifetime bans? Of course not.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Is it really that important that the NFL comes up with suspensions directly proportionate to the severity of the offense? The NFL is not a court; it's an agreement between the NFLPA and the owners. They're all making it up as they go along, and I don't really see a problem with that. It's their league.

This is damage control. Maximize the deterrent for future offenses while minimizing hours spent in litigation.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really that important that the NFL comes up with suspensions directly proportionate to the severity of the offense? The NFL is not a court; it's an agreement between the NFLPA and the owners. They're all making it up as they go along, and I don't really see a problem with that. It's their league.

This is damage control. Maximize the deterrent for future offenses while minimizing hours spent in litigation.

I agree and disagree. I agree the NFL is not a court of law but thisa king shit up as they go along has to stop. They need to hammer out the punishments and stick with them.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I agree and disagree. I agree the NFL is not a court of law but thisa king shit up as they go along has to stop. They need to hammer out the punishments and stick with them.

But do you know how hard it is for them to agree to anything? Remember how contentious the CBA talks were? James Harrison literally called Goodell a "Devil."

They would have to hammer out a predetermined number of games for every single violation and crime on the books. Do you really think that's realistic?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do you know how hard it is for them to agree to anything? Remember how contentious the CBA talks were? James Harrison literally called Goodell a "Devil."

They would have to hammer out a predetermined number of games for every single violation and crime on the books. Do you really think that's realistic?

Difficult yes but I'd think the union could sell it to the players that they will know what punishment each wrong doing will bring.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Difficult yes but I'd think the union could sell it to the players that they will know what punishment each wrong doing will bring.

Players' unions NEVER agree to things like that. Why do you think baseball was so dirty 20 years ago? They wouldn't even agree to effective drug tests. That's why they agree to sending this kind of stuff to arbiters & spend so much time in court.

I'd love it if they agreed to a certain number of games for listed offenses and a certain number of games proportionate to the typical sentence one will get in court, but the NFL can't just unilaterally do that. The NFLPA would have to agree, and they have resisted those kinds of measures every step of the way.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players' unions NEVER agree to things like that. Why do you think baseball was so dirty 20 years ago? They wouldn't even agree to effective drug tests. That's why they agree to sending this kind of stuff to arbiters & spend so much time in court.

I'd love it if they agreed to a certain number of games for listed offenses and a certain number of games proportionate to the typical sentence one will get in court, but the NFL can't just unilaterally do that. The NFLPA would have to agree, and they have resisted those kinds of measures every step of the way.

Next CBA hopefully. I'm just tired of wondering if it's Goodell's time of the month or not.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think his personal feelings about these situations have any effect on the duration of the suspension?

I have no clue on how he decides the punishment.

I just believe if the players had a clue what the punishment will be just by past cases they'd agree via the CBA.

For example I an prior AF, one of my commanders was very strict with with his punishments but we all knew what an Airmen's punishment would be for his error because the CC was consistent. I prefered this style of leadership. Granted I never was punished by this CC, and maybe if I had been I'd feel different.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just believe if the players had a clue what the punishment will be just by past cases they'd agree via the CBA.

I wish that were true, but I don't think it accurately reflects the NFLPA's position on the issue in the last CBA negotiation. Maybe next time around it'll be different, but I'm not as optimistic as you.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish that were true, but I don't think it accurately reflects the NFLPA's position on the issue in the last CBA negotiation. Maybe next time around it'll be different, but I'm not as optimistic as you.

May only be a pipe dream, I can admit that.