• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 Tips on Improving your Baseball Swing

baseballking423

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey guys I'm new here and have been a minor league player (Chattanooga Lookouts) for only a year. But I thought I would give some tips on improving your baseball swing :)

1. Your stance is the most important! This is a common mistake that most rookies have so if your body is not perfectly balanced then your swing will be off. So the basics of a stance is that your body should be in a triangular shape and your head has to be on the top of the middle space between your legs. Next you have to move your body so that it is in the same position but with your foot next to the back line of the box. That way you will have more time to look at the pitch.

2. Lined up Knuckles. This is also a really basic tip but it is the most essential as well. Having your knuckles lined up will allow your wrists to roll properly after hitting the baseball.

3. Watch your Swing. When I was young I had coaches watch my swing and tell me what was wrong but I never got to actually see it. Watching your swing will allow you to see what you are doing wrong. You can use a camera ** and that allows you zoom up, and slow down your videos so you can accurately see any faults that you might have.

Any other tips?

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the tips! My ten year old thanks you too is going to try some of these techniques tomorrow.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I'm new here and have been a minor league player (Chattanooga Lookouts) for only a year. But I thought I would give some tips on improving your baseball swing :)

1. Your stance is the most important! This is a common mistake that most rookies have so if your body is not perfectly balanced then your swing will be off. So the basics of a stance is that your body should be in a triangular shape and your head has to be on the top of the middle space between your legs. Next you have to move your body so that it is in the same position but with your foot next to the back line of the box. That way you will have more time to look at the pitch.

2. Lined up Knuckles. This is also a really basic tip but it is the most essential as well. Having your knuckles lined up will allow your wrists to roll properly after hitting the baseball.

3. Watch your Swing. When I was young I had coaches watch my swing and tell me what was wrong but I never got to actually see it. Watching your swing will allow you to see what you are doing wrong. You can use a camera ** and that allows you zoom up, and slow down your videos so you can accurately see any faults that you might have.

Any other tips?

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know about lining up the knuckles.

I would like to add something which worked really well for me when I was working on my swing: breaking it down into distinct components and practicing each separately before putting it all together. I work on my step and hip rotation, then my shoulder rotation, then my wrist action, each separately, and my bat speed and swing plane have both drastically improved as a result.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm...Dont see any rapeing going on in here...but

250yu273swsw.gif

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my senior boys watch some Rod Carew tapes.

Stance,swing,grip,body movement,etc.. all covered.If you want to be the best,view 1 of the greatest hitters of all time.