• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 rook WR's pick one to keep

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 team keeper

Kenny Stills WR Saints
Terrance Williams WR Cowboys
DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Pros
Stills has the best QB

Cons
Saints throw to tons of WR's. Could get lost in shuffle.

Pros
Williams has 92 fantasy points as a rookie and should be their no.2 next year

Cons
It's the Cowboys. Romo.

Pros
Andre Johnson is getting old. Hopkins is a first round talent so he's there to be big time.

Cons
Texans going through major changes. Will new coach think he is a weapon?

Stills is on my team now, but I can drop him for Williams or Hopkins.

Other bench players I'm marinating for next year:

Christine Michael RB Hawks (chillin behind Marshawn)
Kyle Ruldolph TE Vikes (injured)

I went 8-5 this year and lost in first round of the playoffs.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Stills. Too many other weapons that are going to take targets away from him. I'd go with Williams, but you couldn't go wrong with Hopkins either.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Stills. Too many other weapons that are going to take targets away from him. I'd go with Williams, but you couldn't go wrong with Hopkins either.

I couldn't decide so I dropped Stills for Williams and Mark Ingram (off bench) for Hopkins. Grabbed them both. My other WR's are Mike Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White and Keenan Allen so I could use the young blood.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't decide so I dropped Stills for Williams and Mark Ingram (off bench) for Hopkins. Grabbed them both. My other WR's are Mike Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White and Keenan Allen so I could use the young blood.

Hopkins is the guy I would keep. He has more upside if the Texans ever do get a halfway decent QB. That should happen this year in the draft. A 2nd year breakout could be on the horizon.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brees has been quoted as loving Stills talent however as you and everyone have stated too many weapons especially J Graham

Williams does appear promising and dont fear Romo..his Ints do not effect Williams fantasy value
i do believe that he isnt locked at number 2 quite yet..Austin could still gel back into form

Yes im a broken heart Texan fan (rough year) yet i say Hopkins is the one
Great hands can go get the rock..tough in coverage it was the Qb as Tiance has stated that has hindered Hopkins as being the obvious choice

as of now i rate them in current situation as

1-Williams
2-Stills
3-Hopkins

and for future value

1-Hopkins all round best talent and should become a stud when fed the ball
2-Blinding outside speed -homerun hitter but you need fantasy consistancy
3-Williams pretty standard no 2 receiver

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Barilko - except I disagree that Romo's INTs don't affect Williams; from a fantasy perspective, INTs actually help a receiver, especially with an otherwise effective QB. It puts the O in a bigger hole and they have to pass more to hope to get out of it.

Hopkins is the future in Texas. And as you can see with Gordon, a good young WR on a chaotic team can still do awfully well.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cons you listed for Williams are actually pros.. The Cowboys pass far too often in reality, but that's a fantasy plus, Romo throws the really dumb picks, but he doesn't throw so many that it negatively effects his fantasy numbers (at least not any more so than any other QB not in the elite top 3)

Having said all that I'd probably keep Hopkins, he will eventually take over the #1 spot..think of Harrison handing the torch to Wayne.. It's gonna take about that long, so be prepared to keep him for a long time before he's that #1.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff nailed it with Hopkins, imo. It will totally be worth the wait, and he should provide bye week/injury depth in the mean time.

Williams will probably be a good WR2 in the near future, but he has to take the spot from Austin for that to pan out. Witten is getting OLD, so there will definitely be some extra targets to go around in Cowboy land pretty soon, imo. Escobar might be the sneakier/wiser stash on the Dallas sleeper radar.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur with Treff also. But then you said...

I like Allen.
Williams would have to battle Bryant and Witten for some targets. Whereas Allen could be the main target.

Maybe I'm just misreading this? So you're already keeping Allen? I hope so.

The only way Hopkins gets considered is if Andre decides to call it a career.

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. Not sure what the Vikings situation will be. (If Frasier is fired or not.) But that is an interesting situation to watch. Patterson could get a bump in his projections if he didn't have Ponder/Cassel/Freeman throwing to him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur with Treff also. But then you said...

I like Allen.
Williams would have to battle Bryant and Witten for some targets. Whereas Allen could be the main target.

Maybe I'm just misreading this? So you're already keeping Allen? I hope so.

The only way Hopkins gets considered is if Andre decides to call it a career.

Yes I'm keeping Allen. It came down to swapping Stills for Hops or Williams, and I ended up grabbing both by dropping Stills and Ingram. It's hard to let Saints go but like we're talking about, so many weapons down there. I couldn't sit on Ingram for much longer with Christine Micheal on my bench.

P.S. Not sure what the Vikings situation will be. (If Frasier is fired or not.) But that is an interesting situation to watch. Patterson could get a bump in his projections if he didn't have Ponder/Cassel/Freeman throwing to him.

We always do our drops (as many or as few as each team likes) right before the draft, so I have all off season to monitor Kyle Ruldoph. I grabbed his off waivers late after he had been sitting there awhile after his injury. If he recovers, could be a steal. My other TE's are Gronk and I just snagged Quarles off the wire.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Williams, no doubt about it. No chance Miles Austin regains anything here. Williams will have very good games now and all of next year, whereas Hopkins will have growing pains with a turnover at coach and QB... he's talented, but he's no Gordon, IMO. Stills, I agree, is just way too hit or miss with the way Brees spreads it around.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Williams, no doubt about it. No chance Miles Austin regains anything here. Williams will have very good games now and all of next year, whereas Hopkins will have growing pains with a turnover at coach and QB... he's talented, but he's no Gordon, IMO. Stills, I agree, is just way too hit or miss with the way Brees spreads it around.

That'll be the case with Williams also..Garret, Callaghan, and Kiffin will all be gone. Jerra is about the biggest liar around when it comes to whether or not he'll fire his coaches/staff

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Romo will be there

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Barilko - except I disagree that Romo's INTs don't affect Williams; from a fantasy perspective, INTs actually help a receiver, especially with an otherwise effective QB. It puts the O in a bigger hole and they have to pass more to hope to get out of it.

Hopkins is the future in Texas. And as you can see with Gordon, a good young WR on a chaotic team can still do awfully well.

Well said WW i should have wrote the Interceptions do not have a negative impact
as always i bow to the masters..WW-Treff-Tiance....