• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 players who can't get hurt and 3 who have to step up?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on NFL board. Lot of you guys never go there, so thought bring here for discussion of Lion players.

Can't get hurt.

Stafford of course...CJ Suh and Worford

As in any QB without saying. CJ because offense looks like shit without him and Stafford is lost.

Suh makes the defense click regardless of lack of glory stats.

Worford he was a road grader and made Ravioli look good. Lions need resemblence of a run game to win 8 games LOL.

Step up

Slay Fairley Ziggy and whomever plays other DE

Slay is in the spotlight and will still be learning this year, only second year CB. He needs to speed up the process

Why I even expect Fairley to step up is beyond me. Lazy fat fuck will never change. Just maybe he shows some pride for the love of contract year though.

Ziggy and other DE...need huge effort from front four to help young Slay and ARRP corner Mathis.

I could of put Freese... just a no brainer again.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get hurt:

Stafford
Megatron
Suh

step it up, bitches:

2 starting CB's and our nickle corner (nickle back just sounds gay).

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBs too. With Van Noy out we have 3 starter caliber LBs left (Levy, Tulloch, Whitehead). Palmer is the first sub and has not looked great in preseason.

I think we are fine without Suh in this scheme. Austin uses so many stunts and blitzes that the smaller faster guys are more effective. I am convinced anyone could play DT on this defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are fine without Suh in this scheme. Austin uses so many stunts and blitzes that the smaller faster guys are more effective. I am convinced anyone could play DT on this defense.

That is the boldest statement I have ever read anywhere. What things have brought you to this conclusion?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what I have seen so far in the pre season games. Maybe teams will figure it out as the season goes on and find a way to take advantage of it. Happens all the time. I just do not think DT is that important. Suh has not played much and the defense was still effective (front 7 anyway) and maybe even more so when he was not there. The smaller faster DTs are better off in this defense.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking something like this I have to think of the depth behind them. Sooooo. Stafford is easily #1 with Dan-O behind him. Huge drop off there. Next I think is Dom. 3rd I'd go Levy.

Of course it would suck to lose Suh, or CJ but I feel better about Tate and Mosely than I do about Swanson and Whitehead or whoever with no depth behind him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what I have seen so far in the pre season games. Maybe teams will figure it out as the season goes on and find a way to take advantage of it. Happens all the time. I just do not think DT is that important. Suh has not played much and the defense was still effective (front 7 anyway) and maybe even more so when he was not there. The smaller faster DTs are better off in this defense.

Well I think this regime is doomed without Suh. Imo it's going to suck royally to see him play for someone else and win championships.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team cannot win without its superstars. They are named Stafford, Suh, and Johnson. If one goes down for half the season, the season is over.

To make the playoffs, they need production out of Ansah, Jones, and Mathis. We can all acknowledge that the secondary will be well below average, but if Mathis can play this year like last year, and the DL can get pressure with 4 rushers (where the DE play will be critical) AND hold up against the run so that we can drop 5 into coverage every play, then the Lions can win 10 games. The tackles are good enough to get it done, but are the DEs?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think this regime is doomed without Suh. Imo it's going to suck royally to see him play for someone else and win championships.

It would be nice to keep him, but it does not make a ton of sense to spend the money there. We need CBs in the worst way. Take that money and spend it there.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team cannot win without its superstars. They are named Stafford, Suh, and Johnson. If one goes down for half the season, the season is over.

To make the playoffs, they need production out of Ansah, Jones, and Mathis. We can all acknowledge that the secondary will be well below average, but if Mathis can play this year like last year, and the DL can get pressure with 4 rushers (where the DE play will be critical) AND hold up against the run so that we can drop 5 into coverage every play, then the Lions can win 10 games. The tackles are good enough to get it done, but are the DEs?

The DEs will outplay the DTs this year. You heard it here first. I do not miss Avril 1 bit.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DEs will outplay the DTs this year. You heard it here first. I do not miss Avril 1 bit.

That should be in a bold prediction thread there.

Fairley is lazy. We will see if he can play for a contract? Suh will be Suh and he can't take a year off and pull a Clowney on people. He will be the dominate self one last year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to keep him, but it does not make a ton of sense to spend the money there. We need CBs in the worst way. Take that money and spend it there.

Martin Mayhew clearly fails in every way when it comes to CB's, scouting, drafting, grooming etc...He could use every penny from Suh on corners and they would always suck. Millen couldn't draft WR's, Mayhew can't draft corners. Only difference is Millen got lucky when Calvin landed in his lap. Mayhew should be happy Suh landed in his too.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will depend on how much cap goes up. STill be paying Suh when he's gone. Then you need to look at who will be FA next year.

Next year I will sing Ain't No Sunshine When Suh's Gone.... I know I know I know I know I wanted you.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starbucks lol never.

That is where name came from. The baristo always saying heres your nickel back.

The more you know.

Seven Mary Three??? The show Chips ring a bell?

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chips, is that the show about a guy who drives a semi truck with a monkey? Chips the monkey.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get hurt:
Stafford
Quin
CJ

The last thing the Lions need is to have their best db injured.

Need to Step up:
Slay
Ebron
Broyles

I think Broyles has the second most talent of the WR on the Lions, It would be nice if he stayed healthy and became our version of Wes Welker.