• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat got robbed.

Damn ever since that crying Jordan meme has hit the mainstream Michael has been livin it up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty shitty that Wade did not get that call. If that was Jeremy Lin or Kemba Walker, even they get that call.

That was such shit

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about Choke. WOW. Im shocked. Cavs will walk into the finals again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is not a foul? LMAO Zeller hits Wade with the body while Lee hits him on the forearm. This is exactly why I have no issue with Jackson saying on Sunday refs should be fined/suspended/fired for calls.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I need to look at it again, but I didn't think Wade got fouled there. It looked like one of those situations where there was clear contact, but it also looked like the guy with the hornets went straight up on the contest of the shot, therefore it would fall under the vertically rule that Roy Hibbert started

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I need to look at it again, but I didn't think Wade got fouled there. It looked like one of those situations where there was clear contact, but it also looked like the guy with the hornets went straight up on the contest of the shot, therefore it would fall under the vertically rule that Roy Hibbert started

Zeller was fine up top. Hit Wade with his body and Lee whacked him across the forearm which was more obvious than Zeller. When a player gets fouled twice on the same shot attempt, there is absolutely no excuse for you to miss that call. This is why I'm all for challenges or some review system that coaches are in control of in the final two minutes of the 4th and OT

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeller was fine up top. Hit Wade with his body and Lee whacked him across the forearm which was more obvious than Zeller. When a player gets fouled twice on the same shot attempt, there is absolutely no excuse for you to miss that call. This is why I'm all for challenges or some review system that coaches are in control of in the final two minutes of the 4th and OT
On the latter, I wouldn't mind fouls getting reviewed either. On the former, it is definitely a clear slap of the arm on Lee. I GUESS the only reason I could see the refs hesitating is that it's close as to if the slap came while wade was going up for the shot, or after he lost control of the ball...but it's clear the Lee whacked him over the arm

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that, or ALL of them were looking at only the contest with Zeller

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a foul, butttttt......
1. Heat were worrying about the refs all night.
2. Refs didn't tell Spoelstra to play McBum
3. Refs didn't decide to sit Wade/Whiteside extended minutes.
4. Refs didn't take Dragic out the last few minutes so Wade could stand there and dribble the shot clock down to nothing before making poor decisions.
5. Refs didn't tell Spoelstra he couldn't call a timeout with 8-9 seconds left once it was clear that Wade standing there dribbling wasn't going to get him the look he wanted.

I can go on and on, but it doesn't matter.
I think Friday's game is huge for Spoelstra, Wade and 2-3 others on this roster.
If they end up losing 4 in a row, Riley will not be happy or invest in this same group.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is not a foul? LMAO Zeller hits Wade with the body while Lee hits him on the forearm. This is exactly why I have no issue with Jackson saying on Sunday refs should be fined/suspended/fired for calls.

Yup looks like a foul to me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude....literally look at what bk just posted. That's a blatant hack on the arm. Lee is literally impending Wade from shooting the ball, physically. Literal photographic evidence. Everyone and their grandma knew that was a foul.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a foul, butttttt......
1. Heat were worrying about the refs all night.
2. Refs didn't tell Spoelstra to play McBum
3. Refs didn't decide to sit Wade/Whiteside extended minutes.
4. Refs didn't take Dragic out the last few minutes so Wade could stand there and dribble the shot clock down to nothing before making poor decisions.
5. Refs didn't tell Spoelstra he couldn't call a timeout with 8-9 seconds left once it was clear that Wade standing there dribbling wasn't going to get him the look he wanted.

I can go on and on, but it doesn't matter.
I think Friday's game is huge for Spoelstra, Wade and 2-3 others on this roster.
If they end up losing 4 in a row, Riley will not be happy or invest in this same group.

I almost want us to lose on Friday. I'm just about sick of Spoelstra. The lack of effort was definitely there with the players. But we've gone through the same shit with the Big 3 era, and we're dealing with the same thing. The only constants are Wade, Spo, Bosh, and Haslem. Bosh is out and may retire. Haslem barely plays. Wade's supposed to be the leader of this team and Spo can't motivate for shit which is his job as a coach.

The points you made were beyond infuriating and likely cost us this series. Wiggy can talk all of the shit he wants about Spo, I'll place a winner on those posts at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte shot 50% from 3...made 12 of them...

it always seemed like the first team that shot well on the road was going to get the first road win of the series. Marvin Williams going from 0 points to a team high is certainly a big factor as well.

Ill agree with Turnup on the minutes too....i think you gotta go down swinging with your starters and play guys more extended minutes. I think T. Johnson wouldve helped a little in this series as another guy to chase around Lin/Kemba...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost want us to lose on Friday. I'm just about sick of Spoelstra. The lack of effort was definitely there with the players. But we've gone through the same shit with the Big 3 era, and we're dealing with the same thing. The only constants are Wade, Spo, Bosh, and Haslem. Bosh is out and may retire. Haslem barely plays. Wade's supposed to be the leader of this team and Spo can't motivate for shit which is his job as a coach.

The points you made were beyond infuriating and likely cost us this series. Wiggy can talk all of the shit he wants about Spo, I'll place a winner on those posts at this point.

I'm more frustrated with the mindset of Wade.
Everything good that happened in the game, occurred when we were motoring it and not letting them just pack the paint.
I just don't understand why the strategy the last 3 minutes was to stand there and dribble down the shot clock.
It's stupid if your up 10. We were only up 3. It was beyond ignorant.

Last year I wanted to lose game 82 to assure a top 10 pick.
I want to still win this series, but not if it leads to fools gold and false hope.
Until the Bosh situation plays out, there's just no way to know.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte shot 50% from 3...made 12 of them...

it always seemed like the first team that shot well on the road was going to get the first road win of the series. Marvin Williams going from 0 points to a team high is certainly a big factor as well.

Ill agree with Turnup on the minutes too....i think you gotta go down swinging with your starters and play guys more extended minutes. I think T. Johnson wouldve helped a little in this series as another guy to chase around Lin/Kemba...

Charlottes arena really wasn't intimidating at all, and this will be the first attempt at a close out for many of their starters.
The Heat easily have the ability to win, but they'll need to play much better/smarter to do it.