• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy to finally see a good finish in this series. Its still hard to imagine Charlotte coming out of this ... but its a best of 3 at this point so you never know. Might come down to Kemba and whether he has any hero games in him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy to finally see a good finish in this series. Its still hard to imagine Charlotte coming out of this ... but its a best of 3 at this point so you never know. Might come down to Kemba and whether he has any hero games in him.
I gotta say...if i was picking the best player in this series- i think it would prob be Kemba...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before, players shouldn't foul out.
Starting at 6, it should be 2 shots plus the ball.

You think giving unlimited fouls would be good? I feel like games would be longer as teams employ hack-a-Howard techniques earlier in games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say...if i was picking the best player in this series- i think it would prob be Kemba...

You clearly haven't watched the series. He was ok in game 1, terrible in games 2 and 3, and great in game 4

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who wouldu choose then?

I wouldn't choose anyone to be honest with you. No player been really good for more than 2 games.

If you're going strictly by numbers, I would lean towards Hassan. He had a really good first 2 games. IMO at the moment it would be Hassan or Deng. Those are the only players who had two really good games. Everyone else basically had 1 really good game and that's all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think giving unlimited fouls would be good? I feel like games would be longer as teams employ hack-a-Howard techniques earlier in games.

2 shots and the ball is a huge advantage.
It's a fair penalty.
Refs take players out of games, nightly, because of horrible calls.
And pro players shouldn't struggle shooting FTs.
They shouldn't change the hack a Shaq rule.
Players should work harder to improve.

Reactions: LAD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...i was giving the Heat credit during the whole thread...man you are a little sensitive huh?

I do have to say this series has made me feel even more confident about the Cavs in the East.

The Cavs blew through their series...everyone else in the East is in a dog fight. Miami cant play on the road. Toronto goes with how DeRozan is shooting his jumper- The Celtics just dont have near enough talent- the Hawks can play well but the Cavs just seem to really really have their number.

Ill gladly take the rest and risk the rust rather than risk injury and long drawn out series...guys are dropping like flies--- didnt you say Whiteside was even beat up a little bit? Cavs have probably a full week for Shump, and Mo and Mozgov to heal up and for the Big 3 to rest.

If you were ever not confident about the Cavs coming out of the East, then it would explain why you were such a coward vs betting us against the WC winner.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as this series, the Heat need to force the Hornets to beat them with more 3s.
Without Batum, mindset should have changed.
We've done a great job guarding the perimeter, but it's weakened our interior
D.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look on the brightside- now that the Cavs are done you guys get to play on TNT instead of NBA Tv!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to this, the Cavs series will start next Monday @WiggyRuss .

I could see Cleveland coming out rusty. That is 8 days off

They could come out rusty. Rest is good for the teams that run/fastbreak teams that push the ball. Both those teams are halfcourt teams. You really just never know. Honestly, it really doesn't matter, the way they started every game against Detroit in the 1st how much worse can it get lol *knock on wood*. They seem to get off to slow starts with rest or no rest anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as this series, the Heat need to force the Hornets to beat them with more 3s.
Without Batum, mindset should have changed.
We've done a great job guarding the perimeter, but it's weakened our interior
D.
the high pick and roll weakens your perimeter D when Whiteside has to go to the outside and slide back into the middle to guard it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could come out rusty. Rest is good for the teams that run/fastbreak teams that push the ball. Both those teams are halfcourt teams. You really just never know. Honestly, it really doesn't matter, the way they started every game against Detroit in the 1st how much worse can it get lol *knock on wood*. They seem to get off to slow starts with rest or no rest anyway.
exactly.

Id much rather be resting and getting guys healthy than playing and risking more injury...only bad things could happen in a long playoff series after the way the CAvs played vs. the Pistons....I hope its 444 in the East though i am not THAT optimistic, lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.

Id much rather be resting and getting guys healthy than playing and risking more injury...only bad things could happen in a long playoff series after the way the CAvs played vs. the Pistons....I hope its 444 in the East though i am not THAT optimistic, lol.

I agree given choice A vs B.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next 2 tweets I'm going to post is exactly why Heat players are frustrated with the refs and I don't blame them in the least bit. They're playing defense the same way they did in the regular season and all of sudden it's an issue?

To be fair, Lin has drawn a shit ton of fouls and I saw an interesting stat that he has drawn the most fouls without the opposing player being called for a flagrant. Lin gets a lot of calls though, no doubt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.

I think if they played the Hawks they could sweep them again, just not a good matchup for the Hawks although the Celtics are physical, gritty team. I would rather play the Hawks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the high pick and roll weakens your perimeter D when Whiteside has to go to the outside and slide back into the middle to guard it.

Man, bigs hate defending the pick and roll. :lol:

Shaq used to get killed with it. As great as he was, he never learned how to defend it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id much rather be resting and getting guys healthy than playing and risking more injury.

If the choice is to worry about rust or fatigue/injury...I'll take rust every time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, bigs hate defending the pick and roll. :lol:

Shaq used to get killed with it. As great as he was, he never learned how to defend it.
exactly...its not an overt shot at whiteside- it is what it is...in the modern NBA game a lot of teams have gotten away from traditional centers for precisely that reason (well- among others)....playing a traditional center is going to give you advantages- but you are also going to pay dearly for it in the high pick and roll ESPECIALLY in todays NBA with so many freaking point guards/combo guards that can just carve you up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...its not an overt shot at whiteside- it is what it is...in the modern NBA game a lot of teams have gotten away from traditional centers for precisely that reason (well- among others)....playing a traditional center is going to give you advantages- but you are also going to pay dearly for it in the high pick and roll ESPECIALLY in todays NBA with so many freaking point guards/combo guards that can just carve you up.

Yeah, for a center these days, he has to bring more than just good rim protection so that he can make up for what will be lost on pick and roll defense (especially the high pick and roll as you pointed out).

Fortunately, Whiteside seems to have enough to make up for it with his rebounding, shot blocking, scoring, etc. But I'm sure that he will always struggle to some extent with the pick and roll.