• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3-2

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I'm going on a rant.

Ugly game, Tommy back to his ways throwing 3 interceptions, all in which blew up in our face for 21 points. Poor play calling, poor game planning, and yet again, no adjustments from the coaching staff. This team lacks talent, and lacks coaching ability, period.

The 4th quarter was absolutely dreadful, we couldn't move the ball what so ever. Defense looked slow throughout the entire game. And once again we get nothing from the return game. I'm speaking just for myself here, but I'm starting to get very sick of Brian Kelly. I don't see many difference in him and Charlie Weis. And actually, Weis had far better offenses than Kelly has put together. Correct me if I'm wrong, Isn't Kelly suppose to be an Offensive mastermind?

Anyways, bring on the bitching and moaning, which is what I'm doing right now!

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate that we have to keep hearing, "we are a work in progress." The vast majority of the team are his recruits. The strength and leadership on the team last year were not his recruits....and without leadership this year, what is that saying about Kelly and his staff. With the exception of KLM, the entire D line is the same, the LBs are not quick enough on their reads, no closing speed, and can't get off blocks. Offenses just double and triple our D line because they know out LBs are not going to make a play. I think you should be set and comfortable in your 4th season, not still a work in progress. It may be tough but establish a consistent team or go work on a progress somewhere else. Would the team be much different with Golson at QB?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Offense would be much better with Golson over Rees. The LB need to play better for sure but most of them weren't starters a year ago so a learning curve is to be expected. The defense as a unit played much better than they have but when Turnover Tommy strikes it's hard to stop a good team like Oklahoma from getting TD's off those turnovers.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in the season, Rees was doing fine. I thought Rees had improved (as he should have). Man, I was wrong. Same 'ol Tommy. I hoped the team would show improvement, but I think we are stuck with a team that is not good at anything. Looking forward, I see potential to lose to everyone on our schedule except the service academies. We are going to lose to Stanford because Stanford is good is good at every aspect of the game. ASU, USC, Pitt, BYU will also be struggles. I will consider us fortunate if we only lose 2 of those 4. From what I have seen ND will be at best a 7-5 team at season's end. Our coaching is bad in many ways, especially player development and play calling. QB play is in the toilet. Still not sold on the running game. And even though BK said the defense played great, they gave up 25 first downs, 450 yards, 28 points. If BK thinks that is great then I guess that's the best defensive performance we can hope for.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a long year. Need to start the Freshman. Screw it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in the season, Rees was doing fine. I thought Rees had improved (as he should have). Man, I was wrong. Same 'ol Tommy. I hoped the team would show improvement, but I think we are stuck with a team that is not good at anything. Looking forward, I see potential to lose to everyone on our schedule except the service academies. We are going to lose to Stanford because Stanford is good is good at every aspect of the game. ASU, USC, Pitt, BYU will also be struggles. I will consider us fortunate if we only lose 2 of those 4. From what I have seen ND will be at best a 7-5 team at season's end. Our coaching is bad in many ways, especially player development and play calling. QB play is in the toilet. Still not sold on the running game. And even though BK said the defense played great, they gave up 25 first downs, 450 yards, 28 points. If BK thinks that is great then I guess that's the best defensive performance we can hope for.

I honestly don't count the first 14 points against the defense, those were due to turnovers by Tommy Rees. So they gave up 21 really.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the sky hasn't fallen yet really. How many people honestly believed that Notre Dame would only have 2 losses after 5 games with Rees at QB, they lost to the same two teams I thought they might with Rees at QB. Arizona State could be a loss, I think USC has been terrible, worse than Notre Dame even and that should be a game this team wins. Pitt haven't been impressive, BYU look like a solid team but not unbeatable. Realistically I think they probably lose two more games and end up 8-4 before a bowl game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had mono so I'm guess that was the intention. Rees clearly doesn't have it but we all knew that so did Kelly this is really going to be another building year until Golson is back or Zaire is ready.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had mono so I'm guess that was the intention. Rees clearly doesn't have it but we all knew that so did Kelly this is really going to be another building year until Golson is back or Zaire is ready.

At some point rebuilding seasons become unacceptable.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told this team wreaks of mediocrity. We beat two horrible , truly horrible teams and got more than one gift from the refs on the Michigan State game. As a fan all I ask is someone step up and give us something to cling to. To be brutally honest I am not impressed with the coaching and the recruiting has fallen off.

I got blasted on the former ESPN board for stating the truth that Tommy Rees is the most unathletic qb I remember quarterbacking for Notre Dame in my lifetime, and I did mean quarterback not all players, that was my mistake for not making it crystal clear. Being totally serious I respect the kid a lot but its blatant he doesn't have much God given talent. There is an abundance of blame to go around and the coaches share a lot of responsibility. It's Kelly's job to keep this thing together and eek out as many ugly wins as possible to keep what we have in recruiting so far. I keep of seeing a zebra, an orangutan, and a bengal tiger jumping ship. For the love of Pi keep this boat afloat.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't count the first 14 points against the defense, those were due to turnovers by Tommy Rees. So they gave up 21 really.

OK had the ball at the ND 32 after Rees's 2nd pick. It took OK 4 plays to go 32 yards and get the ball in the endzone. A good defense could have held them to a field goal. A good defense stiffens up in the red zone.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry I not going to doom and gloom. I was like everyone else until I heard Kiel left, Golson out and we are starting Tommy as our QB this year. Tommy would have had the year of his life to make up for the losses we had on O -> Two very good rb and best tight end in the country. We do not have enough great recruiting classes and 2 or three cupcakes on our schedule to get these new players ready.

Than we all underestimated Teo leadership we are starting a freshman in MLB. Tuit with his slow start due to injury we have just not put the pressure on QB and now biggest problem our DB how expose did we get in one year. I thought how talented we would be at this position this year and we have taking major steps back. Russell does anyone see every week the cushion he gives. I was out the game Saturday he is back pedaling before the ball is snapped. How many times did they run the side route or screen pass were no one was even 10 yards near them.

Now the positives> I was at the game and did see O line make some good blocks open up holes. The running game over 200 yards and George look good. I hope the Folston more time as he is starting to be that power runner. Love they way he pushed for additional 2 or three yards when he was down. We are loaded with talent at rb and we need to start giving them more carrys its time.

On D side I did see major improvement in clogging up the middle and putting pressure on QB. We had couple of good 4 down stops and held them in red zone twice to field goals (Guess what DB had to play tight no choice so those plays that work for OU so well were losses in red zone). The LB I thought played pretty well and freshman except for the one played he got burned on is showing some very good speed.

I think this team can get better and young talent at those skilled positions will be better. The issue resides at QB and that will be fixed next year. Tommy is not even average QB and in the spread he is well below average as he cannot run. When I watch this game I can tell you when ND lines up if they are going to pass or run the ball when Tommy is in there. I am 90% and if I am that good what do you think someone with more knowledge can see.

How we got stuck with this situation we can clearly put it on Kelly but I am not willing to look for another coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Im tired of rebuilding. We should be on our stride. Its year 4 of Kelly. OSU, Florida, Bama and standford does fine. Stanford lost alot of talent over the years plus a HC and they are fine. This isnt rutgers where u can have 1 good year and then rebuild for 2-3 years to get another good year. I will accept 1 rebuild year every now and then but we were 8-4 for 2 years had one great season and back to 8-4 or 7-5. No This is ND. Lets Go. Even Cincy had back to back great years with Kelly. Its been 4 years and we still havent seen Kellys true offense. We still have special teams problems. COme on

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason why we shouldnt have 2-3 sacks a game with the suppose talent we have on the Dline. I do agree the Oline did look better.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the OU game, the defense got some stops, it seemed like they were giving up more than they really did in real time. The game would have been entirely different without the 2 quick OU touchdowns. After the disastrous first 3 minutes, ND played pretty even with OU. Maybe the D is getting better. I think the Irish need to improve at a faster rate than our opponents to have any hope of pulling of a 9-3 or 8-4 season. I am hoping the coaches and players will be up to the challenges ahead. Our secondary will really need to cowboy up next weekend.

Also, I want to apologize to my fellow fans for dumping on the Irish. I have overreacted. I should probably wait 5-6 days after a bad game to let my emotions settle down.

GO IRISH!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Kelly learns from this and in the offseason get a special teams coach and also go back to how you coached Cincy. Dont fall in love with a QB like he does with Rees. Makes him look bad. Last year he replaced Golson many times. Do the same this year with him. Rees is better in Relief then starting. I stated that in the beginning and some disagreed. He is a back up QB. He isnt a game manager and he isnt accurate. He is an avg to below avg starting Div 1 College QB.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kelly arrived, didn't he tell NBC to not have long commercials because his offense was going to be flying all over the place?

He's becoming full of shit, much like Charlie Weis.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Im a big Kelly fan because of what he did at the other schools. It trusted him because I knew he was going in the right direction even going 8-4 back to back years then he took us to the promise land, some where we havent been in a long time but he is taking a big step backwards. I will give a free pass here but we better see something great next year.

Let me see a high powered Offense. U had 4 years to get your players in here. I remember him saying dont worry about the offense well i am worried. Also please lets get special team right. Its becoming a joke. Also he said he wanted to build the lines to he can control the line of scrimmage, well thats not happening.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen what this O can do under Golson and he was freshman. What choices does he have right now and that is his fault. You cannot with 5 games in let Zaire play as experiment. Than we have Hendrix not sure why we do not go that route. You can clearly see with 42 seconds to go in the 1/2 we kneel. Kneel!!!! Kelly was done with Tommy but he had no options that is how I saw it. That means he has no one to go to. I really do not think he is in love with Tommy as much as he has 0 options. He loss Golson than Keil now he is left with 3rd and 4th choices or another freshman. What top program in the nation is going to your 3rd or 4th best QB and that is what we are dealing with.