• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Toronto Raptors vs Philadelphia Sixers

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could beat Kawhi 1-on-1.

Sure, he might have the edge in things like strength, shooting, driving, finishing, skill, stamina, etc.

But I have the edge in stick-to-it-iveness, lunch-pail-work-ethic and never-say-die-attitude.

Intangibles would win out in the end.

Let's never test this theory out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is a damn good player. But Kawhi is showing everyone why he's an elite/great player. Simmons has no chance of stopping Kawhi.

Kawhi is playing incredibly well right now and no one can stop him. He makes every shot where he has even a little bit of an opening.

Kawhi did have 5 turnovers yesterday though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is playing incredibly well right now and no one can stop him. He makes every shot where he has even a little bit of an opening.

Kawhi did have 5 turnovers yesterday though.

His TO's were the only bad thing on his stat line. Gotta feeling he won't have that many for game 5.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's never test this theory out.
I'm issuing a standing challenge to Kawhi right now.

If he doesn't show up... that proves he is too afraid to face me and I win by default.

Checkmate.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His TO's were the only bad thing on his stat line. Gotta feeling he won't have that many for game 5.

The thing is, if Embiid or Harris actually showed up for the game yesterday the Sixers win comfortably. The rest of the Raptors are still playing mostly like shit. Lowry is starting to embrace the Jared Dudley school of trying to provoke fights. VanVleet is still on the back of a milk carton. Did Powell even play yesterday? Green was very chippy that game and I suspect the refs will keep an eye out for that.

Kawhi has been incredible partly because the rest of the Raptors have been shit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, if Embiid or Harris actually showed up for the game yesterday the Sixers win comfortably. The rest of the Raptors are still playing mostly like shit. Lowry is starting to embrace the Jared Dudley school of trying to provoke fights. VanVleet is still on the back of a milk carton. Did Powell even play yesterday? Green was very chippy that game and I suspect the refs will keep an eye out for that.

Kawhi has been incredible partly because the rest of the Raptors have been shit.

If Embiid was 100% the 76ers have a commanding 3-1 lead.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi can be here next year.
giphy.gif

Ya man, he scouted the same private schools that Lebron did.

If Embiid was 100% the 76ers have a commanding 3-1 lead.
He had the fucking sniffles, not tuberculosis.

He's just not consistent. The blaming of flu/cold/H1N1/SARS/Chlamydia is just BS excuses the Sixers are making to keep their fans from turning on him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Kawhi isn't coming to Philly but a Raptors fan talking shit about another city not being able to lure players is....welll...... funny.

He's just not consistent. The blaming of flu/cold/H1N1/SARS/Chlamydia is just BS excuses the Sixers are making to keep their fans from turning on him.

Did you watch the game? My buddy made a comment 5 into the game saying "Embiid looks worn out already." He clearly looked off. No idea why but he clearly wasn't 100%

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi isn't coming to Philly but a Raptors fan talking shit about another city not being able to lure players is....welll...... funny.
Go find me the comment where I say the Raptors are attracting a top free agent. Please.

If not, I can rip a fan of another team with unrealistic free agency expectations.

Did you watch the game? My buddy made a comment 5 into the game saying "Embiid looks worn out already." He clearly looked off. No idea why but he clearly wasn't 100%
The series has been going on for over a week and he's been "sick" for all of it save one game where he was doing airplane motions with his arms and living it up in a blowout.

He's either huffing ammonia during his off time or he's just playing like shit and they're making excuses. A guy who's never played more than 64 games in a regular season breaking down by the second round is not only unsurprising, it's something we've already seen from Embiid last year vs. Boston.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the Embiid shit I'm seeing here it's being pretty conveniently omitted that Siakam was playing hurt and the Raptors still won.

5 Raptors were in double digits yesterday and that's despite them inexplicably taking 31 3-pt attempts despite it being glaringly obvious early on that they weren't dropping for them.

If they smarten up on their shot selection and stop taking the bait at the 3 pt line the Raptors not only win easily yesterday.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the Embiid shit I'm seeing here it's being pretty conveniently omitted that Siakam was playing hurt and the Raptors still won.

5 Raptors were in double digits yesterday and that's despite them inexplicably taking 31 3-pt attempts despite it being glaringly obvious early on that they weren't dropping for them.

If they smarten up on their shot selection and stop taking the bait at the 3 pt line the Raptors not only win easily yesterday.

Or they actually start hitting them

Yesterday they found a way to win despite of the bad 3pt shooting. Mainly because of Kawhi and great defense.
The Raptors are a much better team then they have looked like the last few games.

Im thinking game 5 we will see a focused and well oiled machine to take control of this series

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they actually start hitting them

Yesterday they found a way to win despite of the bad 3pt shooting. Mainly because of Kawhi and great defense.
The Raptors are a much better team then they have looked like the last few games.

Im thinking game 5 we will see a focused and well oiled machine to take control of this series
If they get the 3 going early, sure, knock yourselves out.

But half way through the first yesterday it was clearly not the case on that afternoon and their insistence on continuing to try in the face of all evidence to the contrary cost them valuable points.

Sometimes it's just not your day. Failure to adjust accordingly can be very costly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The series has been going on for over a week and he's been "sick" for all of it save one game where he was doing airplane motions with his arms and living it up in a blowout.

I agree it doesn't make any sense. But it was still pretty clear early on in the game.

He's either huffing ammonia during his off time or he's just playing like shit and they're making excuses. A guy who's never played more than 64 games in a regular season breaking down by the second round is not only unsurprising, it's something we've already seen from Embiid last year vs. Boston.

So you think he's cooked?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it doesn't make any sense. But it was still pretty clear early on in the game.

So you think he's cooked?
I think he could be struggling for fitness, which I think many others are at this time of year as well so I'm not giving him a break on that. I think the organization is playing up a bunch of "virus" nonsense to explain his poor play in 3 of 4 games so far.

But if he came out and had another monster game tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me either. I just won't want to hear it if he shits the bed in game 6 or 7 and Brown is up on the podium again talking about him sneezing before the game lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Philly drafted Vucevic, for some reason I thought Orlando drafted him. They traded him to Orlando:

Vucevic
Harkless
Afflalo
1st round 2018 (Landry Shamet)

to ORL for

Al Harrington
2nd round 2013 (Romero Osby)
1st round 2014 (Dario Saric)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Kawhi knows the rest of the Toronto team is trash. He'd win it all here. Which is true and is the only thing I was saying before you got your panties all bunched up. Go be a pussy in someone else's direction.