• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's game 1 of a playoff series
It shows Houston will go at least 6. They can win.
I don't think they can shoot enough to win 4 but they might, it's not some impossible dream
Lakers not a whole lot better, none of the top teams are

They can definitely win.

Especially if Vogel continues to trot out McGee and Howard for their normal minutes.

There is a reason Kerr DNP’d McGee against Houston, and this version is an even worse matchup.

You can’t play a big against this team unless either:

1) They dominate the boards and can score to make Houston pay for being small
2) They can defend in space

Howard and McGee couldn’t do either of those things in game 1.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston bitch slapped the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting Lakers guards especially and practically everyone else on the Lakers roster can't stop Houston's dribble penetration for usually easy lay-ups.

KCP and Danny Green at times continue to donate bricks to the construction of Florida highways. I am not sure what Kyle Kuzma is doing and what he is waiting for in the offense and the defense.

The Lakers 3-point perimeter defense remains atrocious and the pattern that was hidden during the regular season continues openly into these playoffs.

Some folks are beginning to wonder if AD can handle playoff pressure as the Lakers were manhandled in the paint last evening by D'Antoni's microball.

Some adjustments will definitely be required by the Lakers before Game 2 or we may see a semis exit by the same.

Reactions: GNG

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless someone from the Lakers steps up to be that 3rd guy, the Lakers are toast.

LBJ and Davis can’t carry this team by themselves.

Kuzma was supposed to be that 3rd guy, but he is mostly absent on game day. They should’ve traded him and kept Ingram.

also, if you can’t outrebound a small ball lineup when you have the size advantage, that is just pathetic.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting Lakers guards especially and practically everyone else on the Lakers roster can't stop Houston's dribble penetration for usually easy lay-ups.

KCP and Danny Green at times continue to donate bricks to the construction of Florida highways. I am not sure what Kyle Kuzma is doing and what he is waiting for in the offense and the defense.

The Lakers 3-point perimeter defense remains atrocious and the pattern that was hidden during the regular season continues openly into these playoffs.

Some folks are beginning to wonder if AD can handle playoff pressure as the Lakers were manhandled in the paint last evening by D'Antoni's microball.

Some adjustments will definitely be required by the Lakers before Game 2 or we may see a semis exit by the same.
On what planet? It was barely a 5 point lead and that was Houston's best against the Lakers mediocre game

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before LBJ signed with LA Lakers fans here hated him.

Are you under the impression that there are an abundance of Lakers fans on these boards that absolutely love him?

I don't like him, @ChiefsLakers67 has on multiple occasions said he can't stand him either and i'm sure plenty of other Lakers fans on here have expressed their disdain for him too even after joining the team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of overreaction here.

The Lakers need to adjust, to be sure.

But they absolutely have the capacity to do so and retake control of the series.

But they do need more Davis at the 5 and they need to stop jacking early 3s. That isn’t their game. Go inside out and take the 3s off of drive and kick and post kick outs.

Lakers need a paint touch on every possession.

Reactions: DJ

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of overreaction here.

The Lakers need to adjust, to be sure.

But they absolutely have the capacity to do so and retake control of the series.

But they do need more Davis at the 5 and they need to stop jacking early 3s. That isn’t their game. Go inside out and take the 3s off of drive and kick and post kick outs.

Lakers need a paint touch on every possession.

Any time game 1 is won by a lower seed the hot takes come flying.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're such a homer

Houston avg over 45 threes attempts in the regular season and over 50 in their series vs OKC, they only attempted 33 last night. Outside of Eric Gordon, it wasn't anything special from them. Harden and Russ did what they did in the regular season. They avg 61 PPG in their regular season and had 60 last night.

So tell me what Houston did so special last night? Their big 2 avg what they normally do and Houston made/shot much fewer 3's compared to what they done all season long/in the first round series

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not so much what Houston did or did not do, but more of what the Lakers failed to do much of which has already been chronicled on this thread. LeBron has already admitted that the Lakers can handle Houston's speed and the Lakers should not be roped into the Houston game of jacking-up threes.

The Lakers need to pound the ball inside to their strengths there and play better D in all of the game's facets (guarding the paint, stopping or slowing-down-dribble penetration to the basket, defending the perimeter 3-point Houston shooting, etc.). If the Lakers get after it defensively like they did in Game 2 of the Portland series the outcome will be more favorable for the Lakers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston avg over 45 threes attempts in the regular season and over 50 in their series vs OKC, they only attempted 33 last night. Outside of Eric Gordon, it wasn't anything special from them. Harden and Russ did what they did in the regular season. They avg 61 PPG in their regular season and had 60 last night.

So tell me what Houston did so special last night? Their big 2 avg what they normally do and Houston made/shot much fewer 3's compared to what they done all season long/in the first round series
Sorry for thinking the Lakers are still going to beat your Rockets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for thinking the Lakers are still going to beat your Rockets

Where did I say otherwise? No need to put words in my mouth that I never said. All I'm saying is the Rockets didn't play that great so people need to stop acting like they need. Outside of Harden's efficiency and Gordon's scoring, they can play much better as well.

You also didn't address any of my legit points I brought up in that post because you know it's the truth

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say otherwise? No need to put words in my mouth that I never said. All I'm saying is the Rockets didn't play that great so people need to stop acting like they need. Outside of Harden's efficiency and Gordon's scoring, they can play much better as well.

You also didn't address any of my legit points I brought up in that post because you know it's the truth

And all I'm saying is the Rockets won game 1, and people are shitting on the Lakers like they are in trouble. We won't know until game 2. But hey, another post for you to facepalm.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you under the impression that there are an abundance of Lakers fans on these boards that absolutely love him?

I don't like him, @ChiefsLakers67 has on multiple occasions said he can't stand him either and i'm sure plenty of other Lakers fans on here have expressed their disdain for him too even after joining the team.

Wasn't a Kobe fan until after he retired, not a Lebron fan either. But I am a Lakers fan. So, as long as he's a Laker, I will want him to do well.