• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Bird Rights on Varajeo but I dont know when his contract ends.

JR has Early Bird rights. No clue what that is.

If it is right they are -4.5 mil in cap but wouldnt they get like $10 mil if they get rid of Haywood or has that passed?

Can't they use the contract thing were they cancel the contract...doesn't the nba give u 1 a year?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs might blown their load. they just had a stat. that was the best 6 game span cavs has had all season. of course it had to come now.
congrats cavs. tip my hat.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cavs wont be able to keep all. they will lose some key guys. they went all in this year

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Bird Rights on Varajeo but I dont know when his contract ends.

JR has Early Bird rights. No clue what that is.

If it is right they are -4.5 mil in cap but wouldnt they get like $10 mil if they get rid of Haywood or has that passed?

it ends in like three years. but, we want to get rid of varejao, badly IMO. he just isn't worth it

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs might blown their load. they just had a stat. that was the best 6 game span cavs has had all season. of course it had to come now.

no

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 6 minutes of 2 nd qtr and first 6 minutes of the 3rd qtr said all you needed to know about this Bulls team.
I mean, I can't say the Cavs didn't do what you are saying, but it really didn't matter.
I don't think there was any combination of Cavs players that wouldn't have won tonight.
The Bulls were really that bad.

This was the healthiest Bulls have been in years with added offense in gasol and dunlevy plus this is the first time rose played since 2010...the cavs were just much better and lebron shot like 30% tonight and 3 for 32 for the series in 3's and it was still a blowout close out game on the road...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it ends in like three years. but, we want to get rid of varejao, badly IMO. he just isn't worth it

I wish they could reduce his contract, damn. Fine, get rid of him. I like Moz for $5. With that extra $10 we could sign JR and Moz. Then for another post player Love could come back (wouldnt matter anyway bc we could sign him bc of the Bird Rights). Still gives them an extra $10

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a series man, you play the same team you cant compare that to the regular season with no desperation lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hug Delly got is the wet dream vision that Miller had all season.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11245484_483791501779877_3736874772000692695_n.jpg

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hug Delly got is the wet dream vision that Miller had all season.

I know you love to make fun of the him/lebron/miami thing, but what the hell happened to him? he had a great year in memphis last year. now he is just garbage. guy got old in a hurry

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the healthiest Bulls have been in years with added offense in gasol and dunlevy plus this is the first time rose played since 2010...the cavs were just much better and lebron shot like 30% tonight and 3 for 32 for the series in 3's and it was still a blowout close out game on the road...

So you are saying the Bulls thought they had a good team?

On paper, ok...but on the court, obviously not.

Drought after drought.

The Cavs were much better, but it take much to be better then the Bulls tonight.

They never recovered from blowing Sunday's game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs role players just stepped up in a huge way. The only one of the old guys that played was James Jones and he was very good- Dellavadova had his best 2 weeks of play this entire year in this series. Delly LEADING the team in points in a close out game in Chicago? Lebron with 15, Kyrie with 6, NO KEVIN LOVE, and the Cavs win by more than 20? I mean, cmon. Who would have ever guessed? Iman Shumpert hitting 3's and stepback jumpers while playing great D. Tristan Thompson simply being the best rebounder on the court and playing the hardest. JR Smith and his shooting- in some huge situations.

Gotta give a ton of credit to the role players. With no Love, a hobbled Kyrie and a pretty inefficient LeBron James the Cavs beat the Bulls twice on their home court and it was because the role players stepped up. I mean- make no mistake, those are some pretty talented "role players" in Mozgov, thompson, shump, jr , and delly...and their is no doubt that aton of their success extends from LeBron and the coverage he draws- but those guys won the series- they just beat the crap outta their bench counterparts in Gibson, Brooks Mirotic, Snell, Heinrich, - Mirotic in particular I thought was just terrible- he was not into it mentally what so ever. Brooks and Snell i actually thought were under used - while im not sure why Heinrich is ever on the court since he makes a team that has issues scoring at times into something worse.

Jimmy Butler is a star though. Rose had a couple huge playoff games. Gasol won them game 1 with his play and proved to be a very good acquisition. There is smoething there tobuild on and that will be a great job for someone....

....like the Cavs of old though that kept running into Jordan.

These Bulls just keep running into LeBron and that is just not gonna be good for them. Not while LeBron is what he is right now. They wont get a better chance and catch the Cavs more vulnerable for years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the Bulls thought they had a good team?

On paper, ok...but on the court, obviously not.

Drought after drought.

The Cavs were much better, but it take much to be better then the Bulls tonight.

They never recovered from blowing Sunday's game.

give the Cavs defense some credit- its no coincedence the defense got better when Love left and Shumpert replaced Smith in the starting lineup

a starting lineup of Kyrie, LeBron, Shumpert, Thompson, Mozgov is freaking pretty damn good defensively- and is absoutely great at rebounding and limiting second chances while getting your own team second chances.

With no Love the defense has been great. That is the one silver lining about losing the guy. I mean have you watched Thompson? MUCH better defensively while not AS great on the glass but pretty good.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give the Cavs defense some credit- its no coincedence the defense got better when Love left and Shumpert replaced Smith in the starting lineup

a starting lineup of Kyrie, LeBron, Shumpert, Thompson, Mozgov is freaking pretty damn good defensively- and is absoutely great at rebounding and limiting second chances while getting your own team second chances.

With no Love the defense has been great. That is the one silver lining about losing the guy. I mean have you watched Thompson? MUCH better defensively while not AS great on the glass but pretty good.

I do agree with this.

I think Thompson is a true rebounder vs Love who just plays poor defense which often puts him in position to grab a rebound.

I've stated since the Love injury that the Cavs losing would benefit him. Too late now.

I think what we've seen is what I thought about him/ the Cavs all along.

There are tons of NBA players who can make wide open shots. Love is in that category.

He's not a max player.

Cavs can/could spend the money on others, which is why, like I've said since day 1 you don't trade Wiggins.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with this.

I think Thompson is a true rebounder vs Love who just plays poor defense which often puts him in position to grab a rebound.

I've stated since the Love injury that the Cavs losing would benefit him. Too late now.

I think what we've seen is what I thought about him/ the Cavs all along.

There are tons of NBA players who can make wide open shots. Love is in that category.

He's not a max player.

Cavs can/could spend the money on others, which is why, like I've said since day 1 you don't trade Wiggins.

So in a hypothetical world, would you sign LaMarcus or Love this summer?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls just do not have the killer instinct. Very early in the game, Mike Dunleavy was getting jumped over by Thompson, he bent over but instinctively caught Thmpsons hips in mid air and laid him gently on the floor. Thompson hopped right up almost shocked he was not hurt. I guess a lesser man would not have done that and Thompson could have been sitting on the bench with Irving. We all know where nice guys finish.

Jimmy Butler played stellar defense on lebron when he was not in foul trouble. No other bulls players were able to close out on three point shooters or even pay enough attention to stick with the guys that were beating them. On the offensive end, the secondary screening was terrible for the bulls to get the guys like Taj and Dunleavy open. Watched the close out of the second half on the replay early this morning and Clevelands defense was swarming and incredibly active. There really was no room for the bulls to shoot.

Oh well, off to the media frenzy in Chicago.