• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd favorite...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Chargers 2nd best and have also followed Carolina over the years. It used to be the Lions, because of Barry Sanders. I've never had the passion for any of those teams as I have had for the 49ers though.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I used to love the Houston Oilers. Right now I also lack passion for any other teams so I usually just keep tabs on the rookies and will check out Phil and Det to see what's going on with their offenses. GB and the Pats are great QB games to watch, but they really don't do anything for me for some reason.

If Locker starts making something happen when he gets a chance, that could be intriguing. Cam Newton keeps me watching because he's surprised so much.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I used to love the Houston Oilers. Right now I also lack passion for any other teams so I usually just keep tabs on the rookies and will check out Phil and Det to see what's going on with their offenses. GB and the Pats are great QB games to watch, but they really don't do anything for me for some reason.

If Locker starts making something happen when he gets a chance, that could be intriguing. Cam Newton keeps me watching because he's surprised so much.

I agree with this sentiment as well. Newton is more of a QB than what he appeared to be in college. I'm impressed with what I have seen thus far.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to be any other fan than the niners.

But if i had to pick a team now it would be the Ravens because of there nasty defense.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Never a 2nd team. I do root for players, and don't mind seeing some win, even if I can't stand their team.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not the Niners I like players rather than teams.

+1

I can't fathom liking a team besides the 49ers, so I mostly support players.

I get shit for it, but I root for Tebow because so many people have such a visceral hatred of him, and also because of how terribly unconventional his style is. Tebow plays truly awful looking football, but I can't stop myself from rooting for it to stay Tebow Time for the foreseeable future.

I also root for Killa Cam (Newton), Steve Smith (Carolina, not Philly), and former Cal Bears (Desean, Jahvid, Aaron Rodgers, etc).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

I can't fathom liking a team besides the 49ers, so I mostly support players.

I get shit for it, but I root for Tebow because so many people have such a visceral hatred of him, and also because of how terribly unconventional his style is. Tebow plays truly awful looking football, but I can't stop myself from rooting for it to stay Tebow Time for the foreseeable future.

I also root for Killa Cam (Newton), Steve Smith (Carolina, not Philly), and former Cal Bears (Desean, Jahvid, Aaron Rodgers, etc).

Minus Rodgers and we are in total agreement on the rest.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It never ceases to amaze me how many guys like you can just spew this type of garbage. You're entitled to your opinion but your lack of compassion is amazing.
My sister lived there at the time and the city was absolutely destroyed. Hundreds of people died, most lost their homes, and there was about 80 billion dollars worth of damage from that disaster. The Saints organization and their players were very supportive of the community and when they won the Super Bowl it was a huge deal for a city that was desperate for some good news. I'm sorry that it became too much of a "bullshit 'feel good story'" for you and lead you to "despise them even more".

Was it a disaster? Yes. Was it sad? Yes. But the people who stayed behind to sit through a Category 5 hurricane..its hard to feel sorry for them. NOW, there are exceptions like the elderly who had no choice..absolutely heartbreaking. But to feel bad for the thugs who stayed behind? NO WAY. NEVER. And I did have family who went through that disaster. However, they were in Alabama (Dauphin Island) and I assure you they got it just as bad. But you wont see any tears shed over what happened in Mississippi or Alabama..nope, its all about poor old New Orleans. A city that, we were taught in 4th grade, if a hurricane ever hit head on would be destroyed. Im tired of the NFL and the Saints playing it up for all its worth. Theyre not the first city to go through a disaster like that (SF in 89 ring a bell? How about Japan last spring?) and they sure as hell wont be the last. The difference is people actually had a chance to get the heck out of New Orleans and some chose not to. ("hey let me go stand in the middle of a highway and if I get hit and killed feel sorry for me")

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was it a disaster? Yes. Was it sad? Yes. But the people who stayed behind to sit through a Category 5 hurricane..its hard to feel sorry for them. NOW, there are exceptions like the elderly who had no choice..absolutely heartbreaking. But to feel bad for the thugs who stayed behind? NO WAY. NEVER. And I did have family who went through that disaster. However, they were in Alabama (Dauphin Island) and I assure you they got it just as bad. But you wont see any tears shed over what happened in Mississippi or Alabama..nope, its all about poor old New Orleans. A city that, we were taught in 4th grade, if a hurricane ever hit head on would be destroyed. Im tired of the NFL and the Saints playing it up for all its worth. Theyre not the first city to go through a disaster like that (SF in 89 ring a bell? How about Japan last spring?) and they sure as hell wont be the last. The difference is people actually had a chance to get the heck out of New Orleans and some chose not to. ("hey let me go stand in the middle of a highway and if I get hit and killed feel sorry for me")

Sounds like you have a bad case of HATERitis.

I can understand a disinterest in the Hurricane Katrina/Saints story but what I don't understand is your hatred for the story. Why be that angry about it? Why the racial "thug" comment? There are plenty of news stories out there, just ignore this one if it's such a bother to you and stop being a Hater.

And by the way, thousands of people in New Orleans did not have means to leave the city and because of a lack of intelligence on the part of FEMA/Nagin/Bush, they were either left stranded or forced to bunker down in the Superdome. This lack of evacuation support for the people of New Orleans, especially the poor, is very well documented. It wasn't just a bunch of "thugs" who decided to "stand in the middle of a highway." http://www.nytimes.com/ref/national/nationalspecial/10katrina-docs.html

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick an AFC team for #2 The Chargers are alright.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like you have a bad case of HATERitis.

I can understand a disinterest in the Hurricane Katrina/Saints story but what I don't understand is your hatred for the story. Why be that angry about it? Why the racial "thug" comment? There are plenty of news stories out there, just ignore this one if it's such a bother to you and stop being a Hater.

And by the way, thousands of people in New Orleans did not have means to leave the city and because of a lack of intelligence on the part of FEMA/Nagin/Bush, they were either left stranded or forced to bunker down in the Superdome. This lack of evacuation support for the people of New Orleans, especially the poor, is very well documented. It wasn't just a bunch of "thugs" who decided to "stand in the middle of a highway."

Youre right about one thing, the thugs sure as hell didnt stand in the middle of a highway. They hid and fired guns on the national guard and police. Of course there were plenty of people who I recall saw it as a day where they could go break into the local wal marts and steal TV's and whatever else (NOT FOOD). But yea, my tax money and sympathy should go towards them. BTW, they've earned the 'thug' comment. 'Hateritis' eh? Call it what you will.

The whining about how long it took to get the rescuers in got old too. I was stationed in Norfolk, Va in 2003 when a Cat 1 (Isabelle) came through. Trust me, even then it wasnt an overnight operation there either..and thats with a HUGE military presence in the area.

Well you have your views and I have mine and at the end of the day who gives a shit. Kudo's to you on at least giving Nagin some of the blame. Most folks gave him a pass on that because of his skin color.

davidin.fan76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Colts. Liked them since the last years in Baltimore. Then they moved to my backyard so that was sweet. Lot better than having the Bungles as your 2nd favorite team. But has to be an AFC team. On the flip side.. arch rival LA Rams. Wish they'd move back and change their uni's back so I can bring all my hatred back.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough one for me. The 49ers will always be number 1 to me, but idk about number 2. It will never be a NFC team unless its the playoffs and it will never be the Patriots.

I think I kind of flip flop on my 2nd favorite team. Its probally a tie though between the Colts, Ravens, and the Falcons

:arg: