• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #25 Washington @ Hawaii

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is paid to also set the tone for the program and in this case Miles wasn't accused or convicted of any wrong doing. NONE. How can you expect any HC to kick a kid off the team when they didn't commit the crime?

Do I like Miles now after that incident? No, of course not, but there is NO way coach could have kicked him. Just couldn't.

Come on... Stringfellow took the fall. Miles was just involved in the incident as Stringfellow, perhaps even more so. Just because he was not convicted of a crime doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. He had terrific representation by Mike Hungsinger (same guy who represented Stevens when he got away with raping that girl) and doesn't deserve to be at the University of Washington.

Saying that Stringfellow doesn't deserve to be playing football, yet saying Miles does is hypocritical because the two of them were both involved.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the rolls been reversed and Miles was the one who got the slap on the wrist, he still would be on the team because he plays such a valuable position.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on... Stringfellow took the fall. Miles was just involved in the incident as Stringfellow, perhaps even more so. Just because he was not convicted of a crime doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. He had terrific representation by Mike Hungsinger (same guy who represented Stevens when he got away with raping that girl) and doesn't deserve to be at the University of Washington.

Saying that Stringfellow doesn't deserve to be playing football, yet saying Miles does is hypocritical because the two of them were both involved.

You can believe what you want and so can everyone else, but you honestly expect a head coach to kick a kid off a team for what they feel might have happened? Come on man. You are smarter than that.

This isn't about what he really did, or what you believe he did. This is about what does the coach have in front of him and he didn't have enough to throw him off. That he still suspended him for all of spring AND the first game without having any charges still shows how serious he took it.

I'm really not sure what more you expect he could have/should have done.

And I'm just not going to argue about it all year. This has been hashed out already and this is game day now. Season is on. This nonsense is over for me.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only sports channel I don't get these days is big10network with Comcast base package. Nice for collegefootball weekends.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can believe what you want and so can everyone else, but you honestly expect a head coach to kick a kid off a team for what they feel might have happened? Come on man. You are smarter than that.

This isn't about what he really did, or what you believe he did. This is about what does the coach have in front of him and he didn't have enough to throw him off. That he still suspended him for all of spring AND the first game without having any charges still shows how serious he took it.

I'm really not sure what more you expect he could have/should have done.

And I'm just not going to argue about it all year. This has been hashed out already and this is game day now. Season is on. This nonsense is over for me.

He's the head coach, he doesn't need a kid to be convicted to kick him off the team. Not being convicted just gives him an excuse to keep him on the team. Considering that Miles plays the most important position on the team and he is the best on the roster at that position (IMO), it only makes sense that they would give him a 2nd chance. Stringfellow, despite being massively talented plays a position that the Huskies have a lot of depth at and therefore he was expendable.

He suspended him for the spring, yet Miles still had coaching, just was not participating at practices and he was suspended for a game that the Huskies were almost 20 point favorites for. Had this game been against a better team, you can bet that Miles wouldn't have been suspended.

Fair enough, I'm just stating that I don't believe Miles deserves to be at the University of Washington. He will be a very good player, but he's a shit human being.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ dude. I get your issues with this and I'm telling you that you are dead wrong AND this isn't the place for it. Want to keep bitching for months over this? Take it to the team board or a thread about it. ITS FUCKING GAME DAY.

One player was charged with a crime and every witness said HE hit two guys and knocked a girl down. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

The other player was not charged and NO ONE singled him out as hitting someone, just that he was there.

The coach did what he did because of the facts in front of him, not some misguided notion that he was saved simply because he's the QB.

That's my last word on it. I really wouldn't push me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These broadcasters sure must have to practice a bunch before calling a Hawaii game considering the amount of Samoan players that are on that roster, I would have no idea where to begin with pronouncing some of those names.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ dude. I get your issues with this and I'm telling you that you are dead wrong AND this isn't the place for it. Want to keep bitching for months over this? Take it to the team board or a thread about it. ITS FUCKING GAME DAY.

One player was charged with a crime and every witness said HE hit two guys and knocked a girl down. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

The other player was not charged and NO ONE singled him out as hitting someone, just that he was there.

The coach did what he did because of the facts in front of him, not some misguided notion that he was saved simply because he's the QB.

That's my last word on it. I really wouldn't push me.

Dude chill out, it's not that big of a deal. No need to freak out about it.

We're all on the same side here. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky to take a 7pt lead in at the half with as bad as that defense has played thus far.

Not really worried about the offense. I think they will make the adjustments, but that defense was just not good.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky to take a 7pt lead in at the half with as bad as that defense has played thus far.

Not really worried about the offense. I think they will make the adjustments, but that defense was just not good.

Yup. Gave up 278 yards in the first half. Lucky to only have allowed 10 points so far. Huskies are up by a TD so I guess I can't complain too much, but definitely tons of room for improvement.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take this lead right now at halftime.

Huskies starting to click on both sides. Go Dawgs!!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More, they went down 10-0 and end up up 17-10 with 17 unanswered points.

Just want to see more from that defensive interior in the second half. You can't let Hawaii run up the gut on you, you just can't. I know we will see mistakes from the young DB's, but it's the LB's and line play that I'm pissed about.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really going to worry about the defense in the 4th. Hawaii has totally owned the time of possession and number of plays. UW has been substituting a lot, but that defense could get worn out with the heat and TOP issues.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to like the start by Lindquist. Not easy environment for first start, but he looks fine out there.