• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Williams has been great so far.

In retrospect, Would you rather Jalen Carter and that 2nd round pick or Spoon and Williams?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams has been great so far.

Yeah, really strong start for him. It's hard to get a good grip on everything that goes on at the LOS, but it seems like he's making life easier for the other players on top of making lots of plays himself.

In retrospect, Would you rather Jalen Carter and that 2nd round pick or Spoon and Williams?

Tough one. I haven't really seen what Carter has done the first 2 games (MNF is deep in the 4th qtr as I type). Williams is surely playing well, but how much longer can we expect him to be at this level when he's already in his 30s? The opportunity to have Carter for 10 years has to be a factor in answering this, but then he's not as proven and of course there's no guarantee of health. I like Spoon a lot, so it would take quite an offer to convince me to throw him back in the pond. I think the route we took is working out really well so far.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these guys are doing great. I wanted to see big improvements in Cross and smith and so far they are doing great. Woolen was injured last year with a bad shoulder for almost the whole season so i expected a return to normal for him. Love is the shocker for me, he was good last year but i wasn't sold on him but he has started where he left off last season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFFs breakdown of the NE game:

Geno on 50+ dropbacks: 0 turnover worthy plays.

This is HUGE, his best season for the Hawks ( 2022 ) he was leading the league in turnover worthy plays or close to it. He also has or had a habit of making that one mistake that ended up costing the team the victory. Giving teams short field TD or pick six turnovers at the worst time. I would have liked to seen what his stat line would have been had the Hawks WR's/TE/RB not dropped what felt like a half dozen passes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I think we really haven't recognized enough is just how good Ryan Grubb has been so far.

Other than Cross, our OL has been pretty ineffective as usual. But Grubb has actually adjusted and the offense has been executing. He can't prevent dropped passes or holding calls. But those are the only things that are preventing this offense from being a top 5 unit right now.

Compare that to Shane Waldron who has brought his "I can't adapt to poor OL play" gameplan to Chicago.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one. I haven't really seen what Carter has done the first 2 games (MNF is deep in the 4th qtr as I type). Williams is surely playing well, but how much longer can we expect him to be at this level when he's already in his 30s? The opportunity to have Carter for 10 years has to be a factor in answering this, but then he's not as proven and of course there's no guarantee of health. I like Spoon a lot, so it would take quite an offer to convince me to throw him back in the pond. I think the route we took is working out really well so far.

Not doin' great according to PFF:

1726591195243.png

He didn't seem to do anything too noticeable yesterday although I think I saw him apply some pressure on one snap forcing the ball out of Cousins hands early.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoon got knocked a bit on PFF for the penalties... but I will also say he did rebound and probably saved us the game because it looked like Gibson was long gone.. Witherspoon made the tackle but was also the reason Gibson slowed up (to account for him and protect the ball).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoon got knocked a bit on PFF for the penalties... but I will also say he did rebound and probably saved us the game because it looked like Gibson was long gone.. Witherspoon made the tackle but was also the reason Gibson slowed up (to account for him and protect the ball).

I think the Spoon penalties were pretty tough especially the 2nd one.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that they were blatantly bad. But they were pretty tight calls.

Oh agreed. We're saying the same thing, brother. :suds:

Sadly, PFF doesn't grade good vs. questionable or bad penalties. Maybe they should start though... omg... what an idea, I'll be right back, submitting my resume and idea to PFF.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what Leonard Williams is doing from a football standpoint but another bonus is that he is helping Murphy adapt to NFL life. I think Murphy will end up being miles better than Jalen Carter anyway but having a mentor like Williams is really great for the kid. Carter had a good one in Cox but now Cox is gone and Carter's game has dropped so far this season. Really early though but the Eagles run D looks like ours did the last couple of years. NE took it to us a bit but our Dline play looks vastly improved. I'm happy with taking Spoon over Carter. Spoon is ten times more versatile and has far superior smarts, imo. I think Carter might be in the same mold as a Chase Young. Huge college career but a glory hound in the NFL chasing stats.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFFs breakdown of the NE game:

Geno on 50+ dropbacks: 0 turnover worthy plays.
Yeah, He would've been over +350 yards passing and 80% completion% had DK, Noah and JSN caught those 4 balls...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I think we really haven't recognized enough is just how good Ryan Grubb has been so far.

Other than Cross, our OL has been pretty ineffective as usual. But Grubb has actually adjusted and the offense has been executing. He can't prevent dropped passes or holding calls. But those are the only things that are preventing this offense from being a top 5 unit right now.

Compare that to Shane Waldron who has brought his "I can't adapt to poor OL play" gameplan to Chicago.
Yeah I was noticing that as well.

Swift up the gut for half a yard over and over. Yikes.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, He would've been over +350 yards passing and 80% completion% had DK, Noah and JSN caught those 4 balls...

you never know what the knock on effect would have been had they caught those passes, they may have got more points and yards because of those catches also by extending the play. He might have had the chance for another TD or 2 and over 400 yards. Smith had a good game and i am glad to see it.

On those drives that had drops how many ended in points? 3 points might have became a TD and a punt may have became a TD also. You never know what the knock on effect could have been.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't seem to do anything too noticeable yesterday although I think I saw him apply some pressure on one snap forcing the ball out of Cousins hands early.
Yeah, I was watching the game live the other night and remembered at some point to look for him on the field, and I didn't notice too much. Right now I'm pretty happy with Murphy & Spoon.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was watching the game live the other night and remembered at some point to look for him on the field, and I didn't notice too much. Right now I'm pretty happy with Murphy & Spoon.
Yeah, he had four quarterback pressures and a sack. I’ll take that every day from my interior line.

Reactions: JMR