• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft in Kansas City

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking last and hosting the draft. Good times. Last year was an abnormally deep draft and this year's might be a bit weaker but there are a number of prospects that could fit what the Chiefs are looking for.

I think the most obvious position group in rd1 that fits the Chiefs profile is OT. I'm seeing three players:

Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma
Dawand Jones OT Ohio State
Darnell Wright OT Tennessee

Jones in particular seems like an obvious replacement if Orlando Brown Jr. due to his massive wingspan. Chiefs have shown to have interest in OL from Oklahoma and Tennessee in the past so seeing two prospects potentially in the Chiefs draft range certainly makes them seem like possible rd1 targets.

Defensive line seems like the other potential area to target in rd1.

Bryan Breese DT Clemson
Mazi Smith DT Michigan

Breese is a top high school prospect who may or may not fall due to a lack of production. Seems like someone Veach might target. Smith had an off the field issue but is likely going to be a combine freak. Not sure what the draft range is on either one, tbh.

The WR fits on the Chiefs are a bit more complex. The fits I see are:

Cedric Tillman WR Tennessee
Kayshon Boutte WR LSU
Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati

Tillman fills in the Juju role if he leaves probably better than anyone in the draft. Boutte was a slot in LSU but can play outside and was routinely targeted deep. The comparison ive seen if Torrey Smith and that would be a great fit in the Chiefs offense. Tyler Scott would fill in that Justin Watson role although his size is more Tyreek Hill. Not quite sure if any of these WRs will be there in rd2 or not.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge is a possibility high in the draft if Frank Clark doesn't come back. I suspect KC will try to keep him around but more likely I think the studs at Edge are a bit undersized so the Chiefs might dip into the class rd2 or rd3.

Isaiah Foskey DE Notre Dame
Mike Morris DE Michigan
Zach Harrison DE Ohio State
Ali Gaye DE LSU

I do think there is one CB the Chiefs might draft if he falls: Devon Witherspoon. I think some outlets have him locked in as a top 10 pick so Im not holding my breath (PFF thinks he is a stud) but if his combine measurements cause him to drop then maybe the Chiefs trade up and snag him. NFL.com doesn't have a high opinion of him so he could tumble down the board. Brett Kollman also suggested his position in the NFL might actually be Safety and the Chiefs might need one of those.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#31 Felix Anudike-Uzomah DE Kansas State

The Frank Clark replacement. A guy who played a lot of 5 technique in college because the Big 12 is spread out. Still ended up being fairly productive. Has a smaller sample size as a traditional edge but seemed to show bend and a variety of moves. Attacks with a plan. Ranked as the 6th (Sam Monson) or 7th (Steve) best pass rusher according to PFF's analysts. Bootleg stream compared him to Whitney Mercilus and thinks he is a better prospect than George Karlaftis from last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#55 Rashee Rice WR SMU

The Juju Replacement (?). 1.49 10 yd split, 41" Vert, 10 ft 8 in broad. PFF describes him as a 6'1' WR who plays like he is 6'4". Good body control. Seeks out contact for better or worse. Good run blocker. Apparently can squat 500 Lbs. Had issues with drops and separation. Tested better than some of his film but he played with a broken toe. A lot of people think he might be a slot receiver which is the last thing the Chiefs need. I'm guessing the Chiefs are banking on him being able to play outside.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#92 Wanya Morris OT Oklahoma

Five star recruit that started out at Tennessee and then transferred to Oklahoma when UT fired everyone. Never fully developed in college but he is pretty much a textbook developmental tackle with some pretty incredible upside.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the draft was kinda mid to me. Which isn't great given how much they traded up after the first.

Really like Uzomah given where he was drafted. After that, I can't help but think we're asking players to be marginal in the wrong draft slots to ask for that. Wanya Morris and Rashee Rice seem like big time offenders to me in this regard.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the draft was kinda mid to me. Which isn't great given how much they traded up after the first.

Really like Uzomah given where he was drafted. After that, I can't help but think we're asking players to be marginal in the wrong draft slots to ask for that. Wanya Morris and Rashee Rice seem like big time offenders to me in this regard.
Its hard for me to judge the draft when I thought it was a weaker than average draft class and the Chiefs were picking last but it did feel like every pick was a 'Bryan Cook' pick. They all have the athletic profile of a Chief but Veach drafted them about 10-20 spots before I figured they were leaving the board based on mock drafts. I don't really think thats the end of the world or anything. I dont see any undersized players at low positional value getting drafted ala Clyde Edwards-Helaire and there were a ton of those in this draft.

I dont have an issue with the Wanya Morris pick. I just figured that after moving on from Orlando Brown that they'd pick someone a bit more pro ready.

The Rashee Rice pick really just illustrates how little the Chiefs (and the league, I guess) thought of JuJu.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings KC nation.
The regulars on the Fantasy Football forum are trying to get a hold of @Clayton
Would anyone here have his personal email?
If so, pm me his info.
Thanks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings KC nation.
The regulars on the Fantasy Football forum are trying to get a hold of @Clayton
Would anyone here have his personal email?
If so, pm me his info.
Thanks.
Why don't you PM him?

Several possibilities as to why he's not responding. Hopefully it has nothing to do with health or family. Or employment.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you PM him?

Several possibilities as to why he's not responding. Hopefully it has nothing to do with health or family. Or employment.
Thanks Ken.
We (most of us on the fantasy football board) tried that.
We finally did get an answer from him.