• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Signing Day Primer and Big Board

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it's hard to get excited about recruiting when the HC can't keep players here and can't win games against opponents featuring a roster that resembles an FCS team, but... it's all we have so... here goes nothing.

I expect the majority of Nebraska's 19 commits to sign on Wednesday. In fact, I would not be surprised if all of them did. After this season and this recruiting cycle the ones that are N are N regardless.

In regards to Patrick Payton... he would have been the only one that I didn't expect to sign on Wednesday and he already decommitted. Buckley might not sign, but he just committed, I think he signs. I also think there could be signatures from some in the following list but that they will simply wait to make announcements.

2021 Post Early Signing Day Big Board

Wynden Ho'ohuli (4-Star LB) [Mililni, HI] -
Nebraska has been sitting pretty well with the 4-star ILB for a while now. Arizona was thought to be making a push but the firing of Sumlin throws a wrench there. Arizona State is another to watch out for and USC has offered but has not gained much traction. Signs are pointing Nebraska's way right now with Tony Tuioti the lead recruiter. He will announce on Jan. 2nd on NBC.

Tiaoalii Savea (4-Star DE) [Las Vegas, NV] - Another strong DL recruit with Tony Tuioti's name attached. The race is between Nebraska and USC right now and even though USC is having a better season than Nebraska it seems that Savea is leaning Nebraska's way, with some believing he's even a silent commit to Nebraska since September. One of the reasons Nebraska is optimistic is because USC is currently considered the leader for 5-Star DE Korey Foreman and they likely don't have room for both.

Avante Dickerson (4-Star CB) [Omaha, NE] - Current Minnesota commit but there are rumblings that he could be flipping to Nebraska by the time signing day roles around, or at least, he could hold off signing on Wednesday to give Nebraska another look. The pandemic has done a lot to recruiting this cycle but this is one time it MIGHT work in Nebraska's favor. Being close to home and Nebraska's current depth in the secondary are starting to look good to Dickerson. It would be easier to predict a flip if Nebraska was winning games, but this one is trending Nebraska's way a bit. All signs point to Wednesday being the moment of truth. Minnesota will push Dickerson to sign, Nebraska will ask him to wait (or to sign with them). This is probably the only drama to look out for on Wednesday. The fact that Nebraska hasn't looked for new CBs in this class means they are getting confident in this one I think... that said... they could also seek to convince Bootle or Dismuke or others to return.

Titus Mokiao-Atimalala (4-Star, ATH) [Ewa Beach, HI] - Nebraska would love to get this talented prospect on campus, but it will be hard. USC and UCLA have the inside track and UCLA has the offense he likes. Maryland and Nebraska are the two dark horses here. Will be interesting to see where this goes and if Florida State joins the fray with the addition of Makenzi Milton to the QB room there. I have no sense for this one, but would guess he goes to either UCLA or USC.

Deonte Anderson (3-Star OLB) [Fort Meade, FL] - I know I know, another Florida kid. He's an OLB even though he's listed as a DE on the recruiting sites. Georgia Tech likes him, as does Mississippi State. Penn State is on him too. South Carolina was a threat, then they fired Muschamp. This one likely comes down to Nebraska, PSU, MSU, and PSU. I do not think he is making a decision on Wednesday, but if he does, I doubt it would be Nebraska at this point.

Kason Boston (3-Star OLB) [Birmingham, AL] - Current Ragin-Cajun commit... if Nebraska doesn't get Anderson, they could seek to flip this kid. That... or they could simply try to convince Domann to come back for another senior year. or go the transfer portal.

That's the names I have... I might be missing some. Let me know!

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First big domino won't fall till February. Good sign for Nebraska, if Dickerson signed it would have been Minnesota today.

This gives Nebraska more time to make their pitch.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I'm back... and it looks like I didn't miss anything. So some updates as I've been scouring around for the last half hour trying to catch up on some things.

Wynden Ho'ohuli plans to sign in February. Nebraska leads in this one right now but anything could happen in the next month. I think you'll see a lot of schools push for the 4-Star defender and it will be a battle until the end.

Tiaoalii Savea thought he might sign today but UCLA has put the full court press on him and family wants him to stay out west. this is nip and tuck right now, not sure which way it goes. I think UCLA could end up winning out with family being involved, but we'll see. the biggest question is can Tuioti calm family fears as far as distance goes enough that they feel okay with him in Lincoln?

Avante Dickerson will not sign until february now... That's a bit of a win for Nebraska seeing as he likely would have signed with the Gophers today if he had decided to sign today. Much like Wynden, I think you could see a lot of teams try to jump in between now and february to land his signature. Nebraska will continue to hold a spot for him and preach proximity, playing time, and atmospher.

Titus Mokiao-Atimalala - thought is that USC is still in the lead here, though he hasn't announced or said he will sign to anyone today. Dark horse is FSU if they jump into the fray. Titus is a huge Milton fan and if they reach out he could give them a serious look.

Deonte Anderson - some believe that he signed today and will wait until January to announce. Feeling is that Mississippi State is the team that got him, or, at least, will get him.

Kason Boston - has yet to sign with Louisiana, one wonders if he'll hold out until February as well to see how the dust settles down the stretch.

Some might have seen the Sam McKewon about Zhen Sotelo (a DE from Hawaii) stating that he will wait till February. this is not a surprise... if Nebraska loses out on Savea they likely look Zhen's way. As of now, he does not have a committable offer.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small update:

Things are trending well for Wynden... not trending well for Savea... and holding steady for Dickerson. One wonders if the noise about Fleck looking to go to the NFL is giving Dickerson some pause. Will be interesting to watch.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small update:

Things are trending well for Wynden... not trending well for Savea... and holding steady for Dickerson. One wonders if the noise about Fleck looking to go to the NFL is giving Dickerson some pause. Will be interesting to watch.
Where is Fleck looking at, or has anyone contacted him?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Fleck looking at, or has anyone contacted him?

just reports that there are some teams looking at him. I'm not sure who... could be Detroit or Atlanta. Detroit seems to fit the bill... he's a guy that likes to be in the north. Coached at Western Michigan and now Minnesota.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just reports that there are some teams looking at him. I'm not sure who... could be Detroit or Atlanta. Detroit seems to fit the bill... he's a guy that likes to be in the north. Coached at Western Michigan and now Minnesota.
Yeah, Detroit would make sense. He is from Chicago area, maybe Bears ??

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI... Wynden will be announcing in the next few hours here... Not sure when exactly, but sometime today. It will be in NBC. Coverage starts around 2pm

Also... This happened today -
Big commitment from JOJO Domann to come back for 2021

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyden's announcement will be next on NBC

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00