• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 season opener...Chargers vs. WFT

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't all bad coverage, He is back shouldering throwing his ass off .... it is excellent QBing.
Yeah, truth be told,. The secondary was the best defensive unit on the field today. If Herbert gets time like he did today their passing game will be crazy good. Looking at Cook's stats I'm thinking something is wrong that he only has 56 yards on 5 catches. It seemed like he was getting 17, 18 yards on every catch he made today.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has two issues, he doesn't have a QB that he can trust to execute plays and he's on a learning bend himself.

He called a scared game, and thought he could run it 45 times. That's what it looked like to me. He also has no concept of giving #17 a chance. If he does this crap again Thursday with dual threat TH at QB, he's avenging the way his father was treated here, and throwing games.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called a scared game, and thought he could run it 45 times. That's what it looked like to me. He also has no concept of giving #17 a chance. If he does this crap again Thursday with dual threat TH at QB, he's avenging the way his father was treated here, and throwing games.
WOW!! that's a pretty serious charge against him if it turns out that way.

I'll put that aside for now and suggest that it's altogether likely that he's not in the same league as his father yet. There's this other thing that's in my mind and I'm trying to ignore... defensive football as directed by the Head coach. To be clear, a non attacking, mistake free, conservative offense, while letting the defense hold the other team's scoring down and waiting for the opportunity to capitalize on their offensive mistakes.

The league has changed, attacking offenses are the norm these days because the rules dictate what defenses can't do any longer. Ground and pound died years ago when the value of running backs dropped. I honestly hope that we're not looking at a head coach who is out of touch with this new age football. (That is EXACTLY why he was fired in Carolina)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!! that's a pretty serious charge against him if it turns out that way.

I'll put that aside for now and suggest that it's altogether likely that he's not in the same league as his father yet. There's this other thing that's in my mind and I'm trying to ignore... defensive football as directed by the Head coach. To be clear, a non attacking, mistake free, conservative offense, while letting the defense hold the other team's scoring down and waiting for the opportunity to capitalize on their offensive mistakes.

The league has changed, attacking offenses are the norm these days because the rules dictate what defenses can't do any longer. Ground and pound died years ago when the value of running backs dropped. I honestly hope that we're not looking at a head coach who is out of touch with this new age football. (That is EXACTLY why he was fired in Carolina)
These things are cyclical

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These things are cyclical
Not really!! Innovation almost always comes from the offensive side of the ball. Defenses almost always adjust within the limited defensive schemes that exist. Rule changes almost always favor offensive production and safety. A really good example of this is the current "head to head" penalty, which essentially states that the safety of the offensive player takes precedence over that of the defensive player. I can't tell you the number of times that the offensive running back or receiver have lowered their heads causing such contacts...the result...penalty against the defense.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was also some speculation they are saving the real game plan for NY. As in opening up the playbook Thursday. Seriously, something is wrong if you see run, run swing pass. Run, run empty backfield. Run, run out route short of the 1st down. Run, run random deep shot to 17.
If i see 3 quarters of this, it better be because the defense has scored 13 of their own points

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to throw deep passes when you don't have time. That long pass to McLaurin was like an infield fly. Credit to TH for getting it off but he was about to lose his head and Terry made a great catch. I was laughing as the ball was in the air but jumping up and down when McLaurin caught it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is holding back now .