• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep losing in the playoffs maybe but for now I doubt he is going anywhere

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, he will be included in the Simmons trade
Just saw Reddish recently and his shot looks much improved and he’s more aggressive offensively. Does Atl think he needs to give more defensively? He has the stuff to be an elite defender. The Hawks are an intriguing trade partner. This time last year I really covered DeAndre Hunter but now he’s been knocked down a few pegs because of the fact that he is seemingly always injured. Not trying to add perpetually injured guys to a roster led by Embiid. But I would not be opposed to a Hawks deal.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we are criticizing them but the analysts aren’t saying much, maybe if they were a bigger market team they would get the criticism they deserve?
Actually, they were kind of the same team this time last year and then got hot after the coaching change. They can make up big ground over the next few weeks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Reddish recently and his shot looks much improved and he’s more aggressive offensively. Does Atl think he needs to give more defensively? He has the stuff to be an elite defender. The Hawks are an intriguing trade partner. This time last year I really covered DeAndre Hunter but now he’s been knocked down a few pegs because of the fact that he is seemingly always injured. Not trying to add perpetually injured guys to a roster led by Embiid. But I would not be opposed to a Hawks deal.
So if Reddish is included what other pieces would fit in a deal? Reddish, Boggie or Gallinari and picks, I’m not sure that is better than getting Sexton, Okoro and/or Markkanen and picks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Reddish is included what other pieces would fit in a deal? Reddish, Boggie or Gallinari and picks, I’m not sure that is better than getting Sexton, Okoro and/or Markkanen and picks.
I like that cavs deal better than any hawks deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, he will be included in the Simmons trade
now- that is a team that could use Simmons.

think about it- TERRIBLE defense- tons of offense....lot of decent young players with some vets.

What is an offer?

Would the Sixers want Capela? prob not? can he get moved to a third team?

Some combination of Hunter, Reddish, Jalen Johnson-- an a vet like a Bogdon or --- would the Sixers want a Gallo or a Capela? Plus their picks might even be interesting to a team.

what do you guys think a reasonble Sixers/Hawks trade looks like?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers can get Barnes and Halliburton I’d be elated
what do you think about a Hawks offer?

they have a lot of young guys like Reddish, Hunter, Jalen Johnson- and alot of vets like GAllo, Capela, Bogdon. it is interesting combo since the Hawks need a defender like Simmons so so badly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with trading for Cam Reddish is you need to sign him to an extension. He is going to want AT LEAST 16 a year--- maybe more.

Does a team really want to give up a first rounder AND THEN pay Cam Reddish a ton of money?

If I was the CAvs I think id rather keep my pick and just re-sign Sexton.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, that is not how it works.

You can’t just match up individual defenders to show which team has the better defense. Lots of variables in play.

I don’t think looking at the advanced stats means a ton right now because both teams have had lots of lost time due to injury/COVID. But team defense ratings for each are identical at the moment.

While Miami does have a couple guys who are liabilities, I don’t think you give enough credit for the physical toll that competing against bulldogs like PJ Tucker and Kyle Lowry takes on opposing players.

I don’t know which team is better defensively, but they are both top 5ish caliber defensive teams when healthy. Probably pretty similar.
problem is the NBA is a league that is about matchups.

The Bucks have the versatility on defense to matchup with anyone.

and please dont talk to me anymore about Kyle Lowry being a "bulldog". I have seen that guy piss down his leg so many times in the playoffs.