• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went as I thought and was a close, entertaining game....

Sucks we lost but I'm actually happy to be irritated about a loss. So much better than not caring. Not so much irritated over a player or the coaches....just that we had a shot to beat a really good team and didn't get it done. Not to make excuses (as they were missing Melton and Brooks, too) but sure could use someone else in the backcourt and will have Okoro and Osman back before long. And Rondo. Made some nice plays but having to play Goodwin so much is not the best way to go (again, not a knock on JB....not much of choice).

I really like this Memphis team.

Did you see the end of the game, about last 10 seconds or so? The ball's inbounded to Morant. With a ref standing right there he travels and it's not called. Sooner or later the utter incompetence of the refs will cost a team a game in the playoffs. It's like the league isn't aware, or chooses to ignore, how awful the refs are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the end of the game, about last 10 seconds or so? The ball's inbounded to Morant. With a ref standing right there he travels and it's not called. Sooner or later the utter incompetence of the refs will cost a team a game in the playoffs. It's like the league isn't aware, or chooses to ignore, how awful the refs are.
Yep that was a crucial play. One possession game. You can tell he already gets star treatmenf, he got away with a couple clear push off’s too. Another key play was the pass by Goodwin, if we have a starter in there that probably doesn’t happen but shit happens when teams aren’t healthy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that was a crucial play. One possession game. You can tell he already gets star treatmenf, he got away with a couple clear push off’s too. Another key play was the pass by Goodwin, if we have a starter in there that probably doesn’t happen but shit happens when teams aren’t healthy

Unfortunately the league has had two sets of rules in place for decades. All star get away with stuff all the other players can't. I remember watching a Bucks game last year where in the fourth quarter Giannis committed three different fouls, got away with a travel and was called for nothing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 more days....

klay thompson basketball GIF by NBA

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he doesn’t turn into Dell Curry. Very good shooter, not much else.

Defensively is where I'd be the most worried about him and his movement. If he goes down to a league average defender but still is able to shoot like he's doing he'll still be a massive upgrade for the roster.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively is where I'd be the most worried about him and his movement. If he goes down to a league average defender but still is able to shoot like he's doing he'll still be a massive upgrade for the roster.
He’ll try, but man those Injuries! At least he doesn’t have to guard the best perimeter player anymore.

Klay just roam and fuck up the other teams defense and of course, make 3s!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll try, but man those Injuries! At least he doesn’t have to guard the best perimeter player anymore.

Klay just roam and fuck up the other teams defense and of course, make 3s!

The not guarding the perimeter player point was a good one that I forgot to mention as well. Wiggins ability to do that now will help Klay's transition back into the game. I figure this year will mostly be kind of a feeler year for him. This upcoming off-season hopefully he will be healthy enough to work out even more to get back into the shape he's used to being in. I have tempered my expectations of him this year because as you said we will need to see what his mobility looks like a game speed.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The not guarding the perimeter player point was a good one that I forgot to mention as well. Wiggins ability to do that now will help Klay's transition back into the game. I figure this year will mostly be kind of a feeler year for him. This upcoming off-season hopefully he will be healthy enough to work out even more to get back into the shape he's used to being in. I have tempered my expectations of him this year because as you said we will need to see what his mobility looks like a game speed.
Wiggins is a godsend! Ultimate 3 and D player. While he’s shutting down whoever, Klay can ease himself back into playing form and drop 30.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Steph Curry and the damn Warriors need anymore help.