• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart man but Bam going to get robbed just like Embiid

Lowe is crazy. Goes on this long dissertation explaining why when it was looking like Embiid first team over Jokic meant positional flexibility and a front line of Giannis Embiid Joker but now sends in a ballot with Embiid on 2nd team. Then goes and moves Bam to forward so he can put him and Rudy on his 1st team all defense.

Why do we allow for ass clowns like this to essentially rule upon the legacy of players? It’s insane. The narrative now is that JA isn’t MIP because well he was a 2nd overall pick. Dude went from solid player to top 10 arguably top 5 player in the world but because he was drafted 2nd he’s not the guy? Please.

I’m getting out ahead of this now…all they’ve done is actually diminish these things. Can any real fan of the NBA respect all NBA 1st team that doesn’t have Embiid on it? I’m predicting that this is what finally gets the NBA to make these teams positionless. It’s similar to the AP and UPI in the late 60s and 70s. AP included bowl game results for national champ and UPI didn’t. UPI has a champ in 70 and 73 that lost to what would be the AP champ. They looked dumb. So they changed in 74. It’s coming.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure would have been pissed had I watched 7 innings of the Dodger game yesterday.

I watched all 9 innings.

It was cool seeing the 7, 8 and 9 hitters hit back to back to back home runs in the top of the 8th.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched all 9 innings.

It was cool seeing the 7, 8 and 9 hitters hit back to back to back home runs in the top of the 8th.
23 perfect games in the history of baseball, and he didn’t get the chance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 perfect games in the history of baseball, and he didn’t get the chance.

Kershaw has been on the IR 6 times in 6 years, including twice last year and the 2nd one cost him the playoffs. Roberts talked to him about it after the 6th inning and Kershaw said "I'd like to go back out for the 7th and I'm thinking 80-85 pitches." After the 7th inning, he had thrown 80 pitches.

The Dodgers are the favorites to win the World Series and losing Kershaw would be a big blow to those chances. Kershaw would much rather have a 2nd World Series ring rather than some individual accolade no matter how cool it may have been.

Also, it was his first game and his arm strength isn't built up yet because of the shorter spring training. Had this been a little farther into the season, I'm sure a different decision would have been made.

Honestly, as a Dodgers fan, I was torn. Kershaw is my favorite player on my favorite team. I would have loved to have been able to witness that. But I'd much rather see him and the team get another World Series.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Twitter embeds broken for you guys? They aren't loading for me. I can click it to open it in a new window but the tweet won't actually load embedded in the post

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe is crazy. Goes on this long dissertation explaining why when it was looking like Embiid first team over Jokic meant positional flexibility and a front line of Giannis Embiid Joker but now sends in a ballot with Embiid on 2nd team. Then goes and moves Bam to forward so he can put him and Rudy on his 1st team all defense.

Why do we allow for ass clowns like this to essentially rule upon the legacy of players? It’s insane. The narrative now is that JA isn’t MIP because well he was a 2nd overall pick. Dude went from solid player to top 10 arguably top 5 player in the world but because he was drafted 2nd he’s not the guy? Please.

I’m getting out ahead of this now…all they’ve done is actually diminish these things. Can any real fan of the NBA respect all NBA 1st team that doesn’t have Embiid on it? I’m predicting that this is what finally gets the NBA to make these teams positionless. It’s similar to the AP and UPI in the late 60s and 70s. AP included bowl game results for national champ and UPI didn’t. UPI has a champ in 70 and 73 that lost to what would be the AP champ. They looked dumb. So they changed in 74. It’s coming.

It's honestly not something I've ever worried much on. My teams success was always first and foremost.

Like I fully believe Cade is and will be a better player than either Barnes or Mobley but it's a toss up on ROY and the other two are on better teams.

And that's with me having no rooting interest in terms of my favorite team.

I've just never given the all nba teams a lot of thought.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Laker fans. What's the scoop? Boston media is freaking out.

Lakers are after Brad Stevens to coach the Lakers??

C'mon, what's the story???

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting idea to help cut back on "load management" was presented on Dan Patrick in an interview with Adam Silver this morning.

The idea was to make eligibility for things like All-NBA, MVP, etc. contingent upon meeting a minimum level of games/minutes played in the season.

Thoughts?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting idea to help cut back on "load management" was presented on Dan Patrick in an interview with Adam Silver this morning.

The idea was to make eligibility for things like All-NBA, MVP, etc. contingent upon meeting a minimum level of games/minutes played in the season.

Thoughts?
Ok but it’s the least problematic aspect of the system currently employed. The biggest issue is in who votes on these things.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
I think that is a start, but I doubt they will set it over 60 games played. It should be 70 minimum in my mind.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but it’s the least problematic aspect of the system currently employed. The biggest issue is in who votes on these things.

Depends on what you mean by who gets to vote. As long as it is a voted for award, there will be bias of some sort involved.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Laker fans. What's the scoop? Boston media is freaking out.

Lakers are after Brad Stevens to coach the Lakers??

C'mon, what's the story???

Haven't heard anything about it from the Lakers.

Sounds like something someone threw out there for clickbait. Why would he want to stop being the Celtics GM to go coach another team? If he wanted to coach again, he could fire his coach and install himself as head coach like Riley did in Miami.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything about it from the Lakers.

Sounds like something someone threw out there for clickbait. Why would he want to stop being the Celtics GM to go coach another team? If he wanted to coach again, he could fire his coach and install himself as head coach like Riley did in Miami.
Maybe he wants to win something :eek::pound::heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak to me more of these Dill Triscuits.
large_2991a5c4-dd89-4aaa-b00f-298273ef12b3.jpg