• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Opponents

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all set following the conclusion of Week 16.

Home
Packers
Vikings
Lions

Saints
Giants
Buccaneers
Texans
Colts

Away
Packers
Vikings
Lions

Rams
Falcons
Titans
Jaguars
Panthers

I mean, until the off-season starts to wind down. It's hard to make heads or tails of anything. Saints could see Brees retire (only if they win the SB, IMO). Jacksonville and Panthers are blowing everything up sky high. Giants and Atlanta are almost certainly firing their coach. Tennessee, Tampa Bay and Indy may have QB changes.

Right now, we have our own issues to handle before I get overly concerned about our opponents.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The South could be tough next year. The falcons seemed to have righted the ship at the end of this year. The Panthers could be scary if they get a reliable QB and the right head coach. The saints are going to be good with or without brees. The Buccaneers could figure it out as well. As for our extra two games, The Rams could easily be the team to beat in the West next year, and I expect a step forward from the Giants, but they will probably still suck.

The AFC South isn’t too scary. Even the Texans are quite world beaters.

All of this is moot if the bears offense doesn’t figure out how to put points on the board. The Magnitude of Nagy’s failure as the Bears HC has been much greater than his 19-12 regular season record seem to suggest. The reason for that record has been the defense, of which he is not responsible for at all. Pace, Nagy, and Trubisky are on the hot seat going forward. I am a big proponent of drafting a QB to back up Trubisky next year with our first or second pick in the draft. If the offense fails again next year, it’s time for Nagy and Pace to go as well.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all set following the conclusion of Week 16.

Home
Packers
Vikings
Lions

Saints
Giants
Buccaneers
Texans
Colts

Away
Packers
Vikings
Lions

Rams
Falcons
Titans
Jaguars
Panthers

I mean, until the off-season starts to wind down. It's hard to make heads or tails of anything. Saints could see Brees retire (only if they win the SB, IMO). Jacksonville and Panthers are blowing everything up sky high. Giants and Atlanta are almost certainly firing their coach. Tennessee, Tampa Bay and Indy may have QB changes.

Right now, we have our own issues to handle before I get overly concerned about our opponents.

This schedule is very favorable.

Problem is we could could 12-4 or 6-10 depending on what happens this offseason?

Will Mitch Pull his head out of his ass and actually progress?

Will Nagy pull his head out his ass and delegate responsibilities; especially playcalling?

Will Pace pull his head out of his ass and stop trading away draft picks for players that usually can fall to him?

This will either be a bounceback season or more of the same frustration culminating with Pace Nagy and Biscuits being shown the door

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The South could be tough next year. The falcons seemed to have righted the ship at the end of this year. The Panthers could be scary if they get a reliable QB and the right head coach. The saints are going to be good with or without brees. The Buccaneers could figure it out as well. As for our extra two games, The Rams could easily be the team to beat in the West next year, and I expect a step forward from the Giants, but they will probably still suck.

The AFC South isn’t too scary. Even the Texans are quite world beaters.

All of this is moot if the bears offense doesn’t figure out how to put points on the board. The Magnitude of Nagy’s failure as the Bears HC has been much greater than his 19-12 regular season record seem to suggest. The reason for that record has been the defense, of which he is not responsible for at all. Pace, Nagy, and Trubisky are on the hot seat going forward. I am a big proponent of drafting a QB to back up Trubisky next year with our first or second pick in the draft. If the offense fails again next year, it’s time for Nagy and Pace to go as well.

The Panthers are the worst team in football currently and have a historically bad rushing defense. No QB and no HC. I don't see many positives there. They should be a doormat for a year or two. They are barren of talent outside of CMC and a couple defensive guys. Kuechly is getting up there in age soon. I guess DJ Moore looks okay but you need a lot more than a RB and a WR.

There have been rumors that Payton could move on from NO when Brees does. That's the only way they go through a rebuild, I agree. Bucs could be decent if they figure out the secondary and find a QB who won't turn it over so much. Or... get Jameis to stop turning it over (less likely). Arians is a good coach.

The Rams totally f'd themselves. That's going to be a dumpster fire soon. I don't know how it could possibly work out. They've invested all of their cap into 5 guys. A bad QB, a RB with arthritic knees, a WR who can't stop getting knocked out, a CB who seems hellbent on ruining his career and... Aaron Donald (yeah, he's damn good). Even if Sean McVay is a genius. I don't really understand how he makes it work.

I think Nagy's lone tangible success was making Trubisky (and his surface numbers) look somewhat formidable last season until the league sort of snuffed everything out. I would be intrigued to see what he can do with a competent QB. I don't think we'll get that, though. I agree it's must-win for Nagy/Pace and Trubisky if he's still the guy.

So far as drafting a QB 2nd round. Historically, QB's post 1st round hardly ever pan out into legitimate franchise QB's. I don't know if its the answer. I also don't think we have time to develop a QB with this defense's window closing soon contractually and with age for a couple guys like Hicks.

I think we bring in a vet. Trubisky will take the job in camp and we will all hear about how far he's come, how he's grown, etc... Then, he'll suck and the vet will takeover starting when we're like 2-2. Then... we'll see how the season goes.

I also hope Nagy delegates the play calling through Helfrich. I think Nagy's strength is in scheming. I think he has play calling tendencies that kill him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it definitely looks like an easier schedule. The question is which team from this Jekyll/Hyde organization will be out on the field next year.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it definitely looks like an easier schedule. The question is which team from this Jekyll/Hyde organization will be out on the field next year.

Theres no Jekyll and Hyde. This offense has been horrendous since midseason last year. Only terrible play out of our opponents has allowed the offense to perform in a somewhat functional manner. We haven’t seen anything resembling an offensive “explosion” in that entire time. Its all Hyde.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will any of our opponents play against Charles Leno? I hope not. Dudes been wretched this year and this game against Minnesota's backups

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will any of our opponents play against Charles Leno? I hope not. Dudes been wretched this year and this game against Minnesota's backups

Easily top 5 biggest disappointments this year.

Leno
Burton
Long
Mitch
Nagy....in no order.

Bear sat on their accomplishments this last offseason, doing little to nothing to improve their team, (aside from over-dramatizing the kicker position.) The NFL destroys that shit. Keep improving, or get passed by.

Now we go into this offseason with mountains of decisions and holes to fill.

Pretty disappointing, and definitely a wasted season.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Bears toughest opponents will be themselves.
Hope they get things right in the off-season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can’t score it doesn’t matter who we play.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^This.

Every game becomes a coin toss at best or a blowout at worse as long as we have this liability of an offense

Someone should send "guru" Nagy this tweet

Fucking PATHETIC :L:gaah::L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch is shit, but this season's failures are ALL on Nagy. He sleep-walked through the first 7 games, and really didn't get dramatically better the rest the way. The Bears have a good enough Defense, that the O doesn't need to be world-beaters, just mildly competent. Simplify the dumb gadgety offense. Run it through Montgomery with simplified, but time-tested blocking schemes and play-action therefrom. When protected, Mitch can make most of the throws.

Or throw 15 wide receiver screens in one game, and run draws from shotgun over and over and over and over and......Oooh, and make sure you stunt and pull your shitty o-linemen on every run. It's against the rules to just hit the fucker in front of you. We would much prefer you pull, and completely whiff, so as to block no one, or maybe if you do block someone, be sure it is someone that is already blocked, so that your guy can come clean.

Then we can all get together and celebrate almost being at .500 with Club Scrub afterwards.

:gaah: