• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Ram 2500 Pickup

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had Lincolns and Fords since 1989 and their service sucks. They've fucked me plenty on parts n sech. Could Dodge actually be worse? Doubt it...maybe, but doubt it.

As a Ford guy who tries to keep an open mind let me share what my new car purchases have been for the last 20 years...

2001 Ford Explorer. 222k trouble free miles as of this morning. I drive it to work daily after my wife moved on. Wife wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

2004 Ford F-150 for work. 180k trouble free miles, needs rear brakes right now though.

2006 Lincoln LS. Got run over by a tractor trailer. Had been absolutely trouble free until that altercation, issues with suspension/alignment after. It should have been totaled but the adjuster did not account for replacing the back window. Wife had wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Still.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Summit. Absolutely Loaded. Great Hemi, wife finally allowed to have her dream. Leased it. Water pump, alternator, fuel pump and front hubs. All under warranty, but still. That's a LOT of shop time for a brand new vehicle. It was a lease, so at the end the wife loved it enough to ask for another. OK, It drives great, handles great, is the right size for what we usually need, beautiful interior, great infotainment/HMI, etc.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Overland. One step down from the Summit. Either it's a big step down, or Jeep cheapened everything. Smaller rearview mirror, floor mats that are more like thick paper towels than actual floor mats. Water pump is leaking, some strange thump under the dash that sounds like a goose just hit the windshield (Cannot be replicated when the tech drives it...), memory seats will not remember the settings. Other times the mirrors do not move to match the seats, Service 4WD flashes intermittently and requires the stealership to check and reset.

2018 Ford SHO. I had to do a tire rotation...Problems...? The jeep does have better range on the key fob and the Jeep has a better HMI/Infotainment setup. The Ford Sync 3 is WAY better with the voice command.

Yeah, could a Chysler Fiat product be worse? Yes.

Almost nobody builds a "bad" vehicle now.
But Ford does build them better.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1979 Lincoln MarkV
1989 Taurus
1992 Grand Marquis
1997 Lincoln TownCar
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
1971 Mustang conv.

I never had any problems, either. Still, I've never had any problems with the other shit I've owned - except an early tranny problem with wifey's 2017 Jeep GC.

So, I haven't had a Ford in over a decade...got too fancy with German shit I guess. I'll have to check it out. I've test driven the F-150 a couple times - and rented a couple. They just seemed so boxy and removed from the road. I'd get a Navigator if they weren't $100k!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had Lincolns and Fords since 1989 and their service sucks. They've fucked me plenty on parts n sech. Could Dodge actually be worse? Doubt it...maybe, but doubt it.

I've had 2 Ram 2500 in a row, a 2003 followed by a 2007. I still have the 07 and both have been dealer maintained since the beginning and I have zero complaints.

Since I work my trucks hard, I have paid for extended warranties which turned out to be a wise choice. My local dealership has treated me very well.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had 2 Ram 2500 in a row, a 2003 followed by a 2007. I still have the 07 and both have been dealer maintained since the beginning and I have zero complaints.

Since I work my trucks hard, I have paid for extended warranties which turned out to be a wise choice. My local dealership has treated me very well.

Yes, I had an '08 Ram and sold it to a stucco guy who pummeled it to shit without problems. That was a great truck. I don't know why Fiat ownership should change that too much.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I had an '08 Ram and sold it to a stucco guy who pummeled it to shit without problems. That was a great truck. I don't know why Fiat ownership should change that too much.

My 07 is a Daimler Chrysler. I have beat the bag outta that truck and it still runs real strong.