• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Minnesota Twins

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, a guy named Homer, who has an ERA pushing 5, shuts us down like Cy Young. What does that tell you?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be. Its just how I approach this team. I'm tired of rooting for losers. Its championship or bust for me, thats just the way I am now. Nothing else means anything. And thats how I watch the game. Stomp the other guys into the dirt and do not let them up. The opportunities are there for us. We just wont step up and do it. The part that gets to me angry the most - its the same players and the same type of situations damn near every time around.

If its that obvious (and it is), then change the parts of that situation that you control as a team. Do something different. But no, we dont. Instead, we sign bull pen help that got cut loose from a worse team than us, with an ERA near 7. Jesus, how about we trade for a guy who shuts other teams down and runs an ERA under 2? We dont because we are the fucking Twins, and thats just not how we do things. So again, change the way we do things to get a different result. Right? Hence, my anger. I sold my soul decades ago. This is my team. I cant change it now. They are the only baseball I watch. So for Christ sake, give me something for once, will ya? I'm not asking too much. I know I'm not alone in this thinking. I just dont have issues putting into type as I see it happening. Thats just me. No heart attacks here.

The way I see it they already gave me the only two Championships I have ever experienced anything from that point forward is gravy. Do I want them to win again? Of course, they are my favorite sports team college or pro and it's not close but I guess all the losing by the Vikes, Puppies, North Stars and now the Wild has made me less passionate because I already know the outcome (Especially for the Vikings) so when we are doing well I just try to enjoy the moment and not let my heart get involved. I think the Vikes losing to Atlanta in 98 is what did it. As for the Twins if ownership doesn't care it's hard for me to care, they have 50 fucking wins and the season isn't even half done and so far they have done nothing but sign a couple middle of the road has beens to minor league contracts, if they get serious about winning then so will I but until then i'll sit back enjoy the winning and wait for them to get bounced come playoff time by the Yankees, then next year rinse and repeat...

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you there Nos. Rooting for Minnesota teams is a futile endevour. I have a total of 106 seasons under my belt doing so, and only 2 winners (Twins) to show for it. THAT is a bare cupboard. And yes, the Vikings have done this too me. I admit it. I wont lie. It was 2009 for me that did me in. So my stance for Minnesota sports is simple....youre losers until you win. I just wont give them credit until the outcome has been decided and they are on top. They've earned it with their performances since 1975. What a year to start rooting for the Vikings! Yikes! It started from the very first year. You think I would have had the sense to jump ship haha, but I was 10 and didnt know any better. Painful shit, brother. A life sentence, we got.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins to ink Cody Allen to Minors deal (source)

If he can refind his stuff, then this is a low-risk deal for us. At least we don't have to give up any prospects to sign him.

This was the most predictable signing of all time

But not a terrible one. He’s at least had extreme success even if he’s in shambles now.

I did see we also signed Drew Hutchinson. Which was laughably typical.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that? Move the runner with a productive out, and get a run. I'm not asking for much. Then Sano strikes out....

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the most predictable signing of all time

But not a terrible one. He’s at least had extreme success even if he’s in shambles now.

I did see we also signed Drew Hutchinson. Which was laughably typical.

Yep. I saw that and thought the same thing. WTF? We ask for bull pen help and you sign this trash? Does the FO not understand what "help" means in this context? Apparently not.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice one, Garver. He needs to get going again. He was tearing it up before he got hurt. Hasn't been the same since his return.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah Cruz. What do you think will happen? You know what I think....guys on base = strike out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz was just gonna keep staring at strikes until the ump finally called one

Another veteran AB

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great inning of ABs besides Cruz tho

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell is reminding me of Perez.....and Duffey, and Hildenberger, and Parker, and ….you get the point.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even hard Sano been out there, I applaud that he moved Mr T.