• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Pirates

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was pretty steep for Archer in comparison what they got for Cole.

Yeah, either Huntington sucks as a GM, or his boss is putting him at a disadvantage by forcing him to make trades, whether it be to save money (Cole) or save face amid declining attendance (Archer).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, either Huntington sucks as a GM, or his boss is putting him at a disadvantage by forcing him to make trades, whether it be to save money (Cole) or save face amid declining attendance (Archer).
I think the later is more on target.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the later is more on target.
True. Cole wasn't traded to save money but because they didn't think they could sign him to a long-term extension and wanted to get something for him as opposed to letting walk away for nothing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cole trade looks poor now imho, maybe a 3 on a 1-10 scale, but it can get better in future years.

The McCutchen trade looks like a 10 imho, we replaced him with a better player and picked up Crick and a solid OF prospect. It doesnt have much of a chance to change either. Even if Crick flames out its still a really good trade considering it opened up the Dickerson steal.

So far the Archer trade is terrible, 1 out of 10. That can change too.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cole trade looks poor now imho, maybe a 3 on a 1-10 scale, but it can get better in future years.

The McCutchen trade looks like a 10 imho, we replaced him with a better player and picked up Crick and a solid OF prospect. It doesnt have much of a chance to change either. Even if Crick flames out its still a really good trade considering it opened up the Dickerson steal.

So far the Archer trade is terrible, 1 out of 10. That can change too.
It's funny because that Cole trade would look far better if it were just Musgrove and Martin. Obviously Musgrove is no Cole but I am happy with what he's offered thus far.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was pretty steep for Archer in comparison what they got for Cole.

It seems this year is done lets hope this keeps them a contender next year.
And the Rays still have six more wins than the Pirates.

I'm not souring on this deal yet because I still don't know if Glasnow would have figured it out in Pittsburgh and Meadows was more expendable, but yeah not good that Huntington settled for Cole instead of getting real pieces to rebuild with sans Musgrove.