• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 MLB Opening Day Countdown Thread....

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
84-362aFr.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not as good is the new nomral??

You know how Mets luck runs...if we keep this guy, he'll never be a dominant pitcher again. If we cut him loose, he'll become a Hall of Famer for somebody like the Phillies or Nationals

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the scribe rambles on about the velocity meter on the scoreboard and Harvey says he is taking things slower this year than last. I also love it when "one scout said" (fill in the really insightful comment) ...

On this day, by contrast, Harvey’s first pitch to Cardinals leadoff hitter Dexter Fowler was a 92-mph fastball that caused at least a few of the scouts sitting behind home plate to glance sideways at one another.

“I was surprised his fastball didn’t have a little more life,” one scout said later.

It's the first fycking pitch of spring training. Really?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the first fycking pitch of spring training. Really?

This.

Plus...pitching/playing for a NY team automatically means at least twice as much coverage & scrutiny from the press.

I'll wait to pass judgement until I see how he does during the regular season.

I'm more concerned about David Wright & Zack Wheeler at this point.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Plus...pitching/playing for a NY team automatically means at least twice as much coverage & scrutiny from the press.

I'll wait to pass judgement until I see how he does during the regular season.

I'm more concerned about David Wright & Zack Wheeler at this point.
Scribe obviously writing to the bottom feeders of the fan base. It is possible that Harvey has actually learned to pitch better. All the scribe does is relate to a 99 mph fastball. Everyone is learning that the elbow takes a lot of grief with that sort of velocity.

But it seems the guy has decided that a few sideways looks by the "scouts" on the first pitch is -- uh,oh NY ... you need to start mourning. I read the article and came away with absolutely zero respect for the writer. I don't like being that way.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scribe obviously writing to the bottom feeders of the fan base. It is possible that Harvey has actually learned to pitch better. All the scribe does is relate to a 99 mph fastball. Everyone is learning that the elbow takes a lot of grief with that sort of velocity.

But it seems the guy has decided that a few sideways looks by the "scouts" on the first pitch is -- uh,oh NY ... you need to start mourning. I read the article and came away with absolutely zero respect for the writer. I don't like being that way.

yep....total low brow type crap.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Wheeler...looking more and more like we got jypped in that deal
Don't try to tell that to any Sabean-haters.

That trade alone earned him and the entire Giants management an immediate firing. Nevermind the success that came before or after that trade.