• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Schedule released

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a blurb on this in the news and events but figured I'd create a thread. Retro and/or Vita, if you want to delete this, I would have no problem and would understand.

Sept. 12, at San Francisco 49ers (Mon), 10:20
Sept. 18, Seattle Seahawks, 4:05
Sept. 25, at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:05
Oct. 2, at Arizona Cardinals, 4:25
Oct. 9, Buffalo Bills, 4:25
Oct. 16, at Detroit Lions, 1:00
Oct. 23, New York Giants (London), 9:30 AM
BYE
Nov. 6, Carolina Panthers, 4:05
Nov. 13, at New York Jets, 1:00
Nov. 20, Miami Dolphins, 4:05
Nov. 27, at New Orleans Saints, 1:00
Dec. 4, at New England Patriots, 1:00
Dec. 11, Atlanta Falcons, 4:25
Dec. 15, at Seattle Seahawks (Thu), 8:25
Dec. 24, San Francisco 49ers (Sat), 4:25
Jan. 1, Arizona Cardinals, 4:25

* all times for est

My early prediction says we go 5-11 or 6-10, which would finally get Fisher canned.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turf times has this to say....

Week 1 - @ San Francisco 49ers (MNF): W
The rivalry didn't need fuel on the fire. It's gonna get it anyway.

This is gonna be a huge, huge game on the optics. The Rams' first regular season game since moving back to Los Angeles, a cross-Cali battle, NFC West revival on the line...

This is gonna be a hype one. And given the Rams are 2-2 in Week 1 games under Jeff Fisher with both of those wins coming against NFC West teams (the Arizona Cardinals in 2013 and the Seattle Seahawks a year ago), there's plenty of reason to think the Rams can head north and get their first win of the season.

Week 2 - vs. Seattle Seahawks: L
The Rams have started every season under Jeff Fisher 1-1.

Be real. It's gonna happen again.

Week 3 - @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: L
They've also started every season under Jeff Fisher 1-2, soooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah.

Week 4 - @ Arizona Cardinals: L
I already hate this and want to start over.

Week 5 - v. Buffalo Bills: W
This gets the Rams to 2-3 with a crucial duo ahead of the bye. The Rams' second home game is going to have the pressure not of a must-win, but whatever the level below that is. A really-really-really-need-to-win.

Yeah.

Week 6 - @ Detroit Lions: W
The Rams open up a two-game win streak and get to .500 heading to London.

Week 7 - v.* New York Giants: L
* - The Rams' game against the Giants will be played in London, England, October 23

Sigh. As it stands now, this is a pivotal one. There's every reason to think the Rams will be 3-3, as they have been three of the four years under Fisher (the other year, they were 2-4). This, the first of three international home games for the Rams in the next three years as they try to expand their brand internationally, will be a telling benchmark.

Week 8 - BYE
Week 9 - v. Carolina Panthers: L

Cam Newton was too good in 2015. There's an argument to be made about a step back, but the Panthers were in the Super Bowl last year. That's hard to mock up a win against.

Week 10 - @ New York Jets: W
This one was tough to predict. The game's gonna be tough too. Jeff Fisher's Rams vs. Todd Bowles' Jets?

Carnage.

Week 11 - v. Miami Dolphins: W
Back to .500...again. Miami's one of the toughest teams to predict in 2016.

Still, with home field and Jeff Fisher's mid- to late-season push coming, this feels right.

Week 12 - @ New Orleans Saints: W
A winning record for the Rams after Thanksgiving? A new era, indeed.

Week 13 - @ New England Patriots: L
Aaaaaaand there it goes. Would any win be more surprising on this year's schedule?

Week 14 - v. Atlanta Falcons: L
This is my Fisherball Blue Light Special. At 6-6 following the Pats game, the Rams would be staring a playoff push in the face. With a home game and opportunity beckoning...we've seen windows like this before, and we've only seen one outcome.

Week 15 - @ Seattle Seahawks: L
It all falls down.

Week 16 - v. San Francisco 49ers: W
There's always a silver lining for Rams fans under Jeff Fisher. This year's? A sweep of the rival Niners.

Week 17 - v. Arizona Cardinals: L
The Rams get their first home game to end the season since 2011. If they've got something to play for? It's going to be nuts. If not? The question is how many fans will have been driven nuts by a fifth losing season in as many tries for Jeff Fisher, especially if he's granted a contract extension.

Final Record: 7-9
The Rams have finished with seven wins in three of the four seasons they've been coached by Jeff Fisher. In the other, they won one less.

Seven wins is the giant magnet above the Rams right now. It's a black hole. It's inescapable.

Many are pointing to a new home as reason alone for a different outcome. That ignores the 13 teams they'll be playing who haven't moved and have every reason to offer the same level of competition they have in recent years.

Adding to the struggle is the fact that the Rams are playing the third-hardest strength of schedule based on 2015 record.

The problems are the same the Rams have faced in recent years even as the personnel issues are magnified with outgoing talents that the team had been able to rely upon in years past. DE Chris Long, MLB James Laurinaitis, TE Jared Cook, CB Janoris Jenkins and FS Rodney McLeod are out. CB Coty Sensabaugh and DE Quinton Coples are in. And with today's monster trade to nab the #1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Rams are without a bevy of picks to refill the open holes.

Could it be anything else than another seven-win season for another year of Fisherball regardless of where the Rams call home?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for the 'L' in Week 8!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the same shit, different season for them. There will be some unexpected wins that shouldn't happen and some teams that will beat them that shouldn't. And yet, Fisher will somehow extort his way into another mediocre year in 2017 without a first round pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turf times has this to say....

Week 1 - @ San Francisco 49ers (MNF): W
The rivalry didn't need fuel on the fire. It's gonna get it anyway.

This is gonna be a huge, huge game on the optics. The Rams' first regular season game since moving back to Los Angeles, a cross-Cali battle, NFC West revival on the line...

This is gonna be a hype one. And given the Rams are 2-2 in Week 1 games under Jeff Fisher with both of those wins coming against NFC West teams (the Arizona Cardinals in 2013 and the Seattle Seahawks a year ago), there's plenty of reason to think the Rams can head north and get their first win of the season.

Week 2 - vs. Seattle Seahawks: L
The Rams have started every season under Jeff Fisher 1-1.

Be real. It's gonna happen again.

Week 3 - @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: L
They've also started every season under Jeff Fisher 1-2, soooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah.

Week 4 - @ Arizona Cardinals: L
I already hate this and want to start over.

Week 5 - v. Buffalo Bills: W
This gets the Rams to 2-3 with a crucial duo ahead of the bye. The Rams' second home game is going to have the pressure not of a must-win, but whatever the level below that is. A really-really-really-need-to-win.

Yeah.

Week 6 - @ Detroit Lions: W
The Rams open up a two-game win streak and get to .500 heading to London.

Week 7 - v.* New York Giants: L
* - The Rams' game against the Giants will be played in London, England, October 23

Sigh. As it stands now, this is a pivotal one. There's every reason to think the Rams will be 3-3, as they have been three of the four years under Fisher (the other year, they were 2-4). This, the first of three international home games for the Rams in the next three years as they try to expand their brand internationally, will be a telling benchmark.

Week 8 - BYE
Week 9 - v. Carolina Panthers: L

Cam Newton was too good in 2015. There's an argument to be made about a step back, but the Panthers were in the Super Bowl last year. That's hard to mock up a win against.

Week 10 - @ New York Jets: W
This one was tough to predict. The game's gonna be tough too. Jeff Fisher's Rams vs. Todd Bowles' Jets?

Carnage.

Week 11 - v. Miami Dolphins: W
Back to .500...again. Miami's one of the toughest teams to predict in 2016.

Still, with home field and Jeff Fisher's mid- to late-season push coming, this feels right.

Week 12 - @ New Orleans Saints: W
A winning record for the Rams after Thanksgiving? A new era, indeed.

Week 13 - @ New England Patriots: L
Aaaaaaand there it goes. Would any win be more surprising on this year's schedule?

Week 14 - v. Atlanta Falcons: L
This is my Fisherball Blue Light Special. At 6-6 following the Pats game, the Rams would be staring a playoff push in the face. With a home game and opportunity beckoning...we've seen windows like this before, and we've only seen one outcome.

Week 15 - @ Seattle Seahawks: L
It all falls down.

Week 16 - v. San Francisco 49ers: W
There's always a silver lining for Rams fans under Jeff Fisher. This year's? A sweep of the rival Niners.

Week 17 - v. Arizona Cardinals: L
The Rams get their first home game to end the season since 2011. If they've got something to play for? It's going to be nuts. If not? The question is how many fans will have been driven nuts by a fifth losing season in as many tries for Jeff Fisher, especially if he's granted a contract extension.

Final Record: 7-9
The Rams have finished with seven wins in three of the four seasons they've been coached by Jeff Fisher. In the other, they won one less.

Seven wins is the giant magnet above the Rams right now. It's a black hole. It's inescapable.

Many are pointing to a new home as reason alone for a different outcome. That ignores the 13 teams they'll be playing who haven't moved and have every reason to offer the same level of competition they have in recent years.

Adding to the struggle is the fact that the Rams are playing the third-hardest strength of schedule based on 2015 record.

The problems are the same the Rams have faced in recent years even as the personnel issues are magnified with outgoing talents that the team had been able to rely upon in years past. DE Chris Long, MLB James Laurinaitis, TE Jared Cook, CB Janoris Jenkins and FS Rodney McLeod are out. CB Coty Sensabaugh and DE Quinton Coples are in. And with today's monster trade to nab the #1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Rams are without a bevy of picks to refill the open holes.

Could it be anything else than another seven-win season for another year of Fisherball regardless of where the Rams call home?

A lot of work to get to the answer we all expect anyway.... 7-9

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed this and wow, the Rams don't get their third game in LA until Week 9 :eek:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, we seem to have among the toughest schedules in the NFL. Not a good thing at all...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, we seem to have among the toughest schedules in the NFL. Not a good thing at all...
I heard it was the 3rd toughest, makes sense doesn't it?

To boot, I bet they're not even figuring in the 'home' game in London.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of work to get to the answer we all expect anyway.... 7-9
The author does use a lot of Fisher history to make his predictions, however going 2-4 in the NFC West is not one of them. I doubt that occurs, 3-3 at worst and 5-1 at best, 4-2 sounds about right. And believe me, if we somehow go 5-1 in division, we will manage to go 3-7 out of division. :gaah:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it was the 3rd toughest, makes sense doesn't it?

To boot, I bet they're not even figuring in the 'home' game in London.

A lot of that is the division. Do they rate out of division schedules?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question, I wouldn't think so.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won seven games four of these last six seasons, time to break the mol, 4 and 12. We split with 49ers and Hawks, beat the Pats in their house and win the London game because the Giants got their time zones messed up and missed the game.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mind is still stressed from this trade so no predictions yet from me, but we are probably maxing out at......oh I don't know.......7 wins?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, definitely a lot of travel. In addition to the London game, all of the non-division road games are Detroit/New Orleans or even farther East.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept. 12, at San Francisco 49ers (Mon), 10:20 (WIN)
Sept. 18, Seattle Seahawks, 4:05 (WIN)
Sept. 25, at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:05 (WIN)
Oct. 2, at Arizona Cardinals, 4:25 (LOSS)
Oct. 9, Buffalo Bills, 4:25 (WIN)
Oct. 16, at Detroit Lions, 1:00 (WIN)
Oct. 23, New York Giants (London), 9:30 AM (WIN)
BYE
Nov. 6, Carolina Panthers, 4:05 (LOSS)
Nov. 13, at New York Jets, 1:00 (WIN)
Nov. 20, Miami Dolphins, 4:05 (WIN)
Nov. 27, at New Orleans Saints, 1:00 (WIN)
Dec. 4, at New England Patriots, 1:00 (LOSS)
Dec. 11, Atlanta Falcons, 4:25 (WIN)
Dec. 15, at Seattle Seahawks (Thu), 8:25 (LOSS)
Dec. 24, San Francisco 49ers (Sat), 4:25 (WIN)
Jan. 1, Arizona Cardinals, 4:25 (WIN)

12-4. We play fast and furious, all the old dead wood is gone and no more questions as to what city we will be playing home football games. The drought will be over. Go LA Rams!!!!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Rams won't be wearing banana unis during their Thursday game; they will be wearing dark blue while Seattle wears lime green.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 16 will be interesting as only 4 teams (2 games) play on Sunday (Christmas Day)

The bulk of games that week will be played on Saturday (Christmas Eve)